Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2017
Doc's Request.
01-11-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
I still have my Alberta Health Card to cover costs but it'll expire on November afterwards I guess we'll have to pay out-of-pocket until I get my OWP. I think it'll be best to wait until all papers are ready. Our baby was unexpected lol
Did you get an Alberta health card while waiting for sponsorship? I'm a little confused.

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
I called and asked service Ontario ,and even on their website it says 8-10 weeks.
In Ontario we got ours within a week (2 weeks including delivery) after the wedding ceremony. We hired a guy who advised us to attach the proof of urgency along with our wedding form. I'm guessing it helped. The whole process of getting married in May was finished in 3 weeks with a marriage certificate in our hands.

Joel1234

Oct 17, 2017
Is there a possibility that Representative received a message from IRCC that the application has a file number but she didn’t received the actual letter from CIC.? Is there a possibility that the applicant or the sponsor will receive the letter??? Any ideas guys?

HInland

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Passport Req..
20-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2016
LANDED..........
13-10-2016
Hi, Everyone,

I have read on different boards that we can order GCMS Notes online. This has all the notes the VISA Officer(s) has about our file. Has anyone filed this? If so, do you think this is advisable?

Ref: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

Thanks!
I did and I don't advise! I've received a pile of nothing, seriously!
I am an April applicant, last month (5 months in) I ordered notes related to the applicant and the sponsor, then I received 39 pages of pure nothing!

In some kinds of applications like Express Entry these notes are enlightening when you're seeking for some special information or the real status of your application, but on our small world here it seem to be useless. Maybe in cases that a application is denied then it might be worthwhile.

As it was mentioned here before, CIC will probably touch your applications two times; upon received and after one year, near to the process deadline.

By the way, checking MyCIC today I've noticed a UPDATED status on the first page, but nothing has changed inside of the application. Maybe they will start requesting Medical for April applicants? Lets hope!

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
I did and I don't advise! I've received a pile of nothing, seriously!
I am an April applicant, last month (5 months in) I ordered notes related to the applicant and the sponsor, then I received 39 pages of pure nothing!

In some kinds of applications like Express Entry these notes are enlightening when you're seeking for some special information or the real status of your application, but on our small world here it seem to be useless. Maybe in cases that a application is denied then it might be worthwhile.

As it was mentioned here before, CIC will probably touch your applications two times; upon received and after one year, near to the process deadline.

By the way, checking MyCIC today I've noticed a UPDATED status on the first page, but nothing has changed inside of the application. Maybe they will start requesting Medical for April applicants? Lets hope!
Thanks for your insight, @HInland. :) Much appreciated.

I guess we will just sit back and relax for now. Crossing fingers we all won't have to wait for a year though. :D

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Did you get an Alberta health card while waiting for sponsorship? I'm a little confused.
I got the Alberta Health Card before I sent out my PR and OWP application. I just went to the registry and submitted an application form together with my passport and marriage certificate.

Reactions: Mutato_KT

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
I got the Alberta Health Card before I sent out my PR and OWP application. I just went to the registry and submitted an application form together with my passport and marriage certificate.
Agreed @crystarclear..
I also live in Alberta and i applied province healthcard 4months after i arrived in Canada with visitor visa (i applied PR&SOWP 6months later). I wonder if different province has different policy...

Note for @crystarclear
Why dont you extend your visitor visa till you get OWP so u can extend your Alberta Health Card so u dont need to dig your pocket for...

Last edited:

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Hello
I have been creeping here for a little while and have some Questions. I am sponsoring my Indonesian wife Inland. The application was received on August 15th. Maybe I am confused, but she didn't really receive an AOR per se. Her first notification was to submit Sched A and PCC on Oct 7. Is that normal?

Second question, I have not received an AOR for myself. Again, is this normal? I believe I am an ideal sponsor and figured they wouldn't even blink for that.

Third. Has anybody gotten an OWP yet who submitted in August?
You cant assume with IRCC.
Why dont you call them to ensure?
I believe your wife should been receive AOR bcs they requested sch A and PCC

Some people get AOR 1 and AOR 2 but on my case, only me (applicant received it)

"I believe I am an ideal sponsor and figured they wouldn't even blink for that" i think you mean it as SA (sponsor approval)? You will get it later, close to DM

OWP processing time is around 4months i believe, btw do you get email about her app number?
You can link it on your GCkey so you can monitor it

Reactions: crystarclear

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Agreed @crystarclear..
I also live in Alberta and i applied province healthcard 4months after i arrived in Canada with visitor visa (i applied PR&SOWP 6months later). I wonder if different province has different policy...

Note for @crystarclear
Why dont you extend your visitor visa till you get OWP so u can extend your Alberta Health Card so u dont need to dig your pocket for...
I already did apply but I don't think CIC has processed it yet. I applied last August though. I can't extend my Health Card on implied status cos I already called the Alberta Health Services for it. I guess I have to wait. It gets frustrating though. AOR is taking too long and I don't know when to expect OWP. Hopefully it comes through before the due date

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
I already did apply but I don't think CIC has processed it yet. I applied last August though. I can't extend my Health Card on implied status cos I already called the Alberta Health Services for it. I guess I have to wait. It gets frustrating though. AOR is taking too long and I don't know when to expect OWP. Hopefully it comes through before the due date
Keep motivated :) it will come very soon.
AOR regularly will come after 6-8 weeks..

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Forgot to tell earlier that you can extend your visitor visa in the border. My friend did it

Looking for your good news
How does that work? Do I just go to an airport or something and ask? Thank you!