Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

mlabella

May 9, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-04-2017
Hi, I have other question. I want to know when the Approval in principle will be coming? Someone that applied in 2017 have received it?

Thanks...

saleee101

Aug 15, 2017
I submitted my an WORK permit app with the sponsorship app by mail ...please how long will it take to receive an open work permit from the date they received my app..which is on 22nd September 2017?

saleee101

Aug 15, 2017
i submitted both application at the same time by mail..they received it septemember 3 , i linked my application 22sep..please do you know how long to it will take for the openwork permit?thanks

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
i submitted both application at the same time by mail..they received it septemember 3 , i linked my application 22sep..please do you know how long to it will take for the openwork permit?thanks
I'd recommend reading previous posts on the forum about OWP. I'd also advise you to check the processing time for the OWP on the cic website because processing times change slightly throughout the months. The time it takes depends also on how the officer is going to "rate" your application. If it's straight forward you might get it within 3-4 months. It also depends if it's your first OWP or you renew it etc. There is no real answer to how long exactly it takes since each case is unique to some extent.

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
I'd recommend reading previous posts on the forum about OWP. I'd also advise you to check the processing time for the OWP on the cic website because processing times change slightly throughout the months. The time it takes depends also on how the officer is going to "rate" your application. If it's straight forward you might get it within 3-4 months. It also depends if it's your first OWP or you renew it etc. There is no real answer to how long exactly it takes since each case is unique to some extent.
Kozyrytka, when you received your OWP, did you "just" get the physical copy in the mail, or did you also receive an e-mail?

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi BertlCamus,

Sorry I didnt see your message earlier. Just got my OWP approved today. I havent got any messages on further instructions whatsoever.Waiting for them.How about you?
Ah that's excellent news, congrats! I think I am about a week behind you so expect my OWP soon. Did you receive an email as well or only a physical copy?

Kozyrytka

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Ontario
App. Filed.......
26-06-2017
Doc's Request.
27-07-2017
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Kozyrytka, when you received your OWP, did you "just" get the physical copy in the mail, or did you also receive an e-mail?
First I got a confirmation email and a letter in my account that my OWP was accepted. The letter showed my document number and expiration date of OWP plus accepted suppporting document - my passport. The week after I got an official work permit by mail.

Reactions: BertlCamus

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
First I got a confirmation email and a letter in my account that my OWP was accepted. The letter showed my document number and expiration date of OWP plus accepted suppporting document - my passport. The week after I got an official work permit by mail.
Much appreciated, thanks!

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Ok, so you got the AIP letter, then they transferred it immediately following that. Well, that's a good thing that you reached AIP. It would likely only be a QA review/interview. Check ECAS ( https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do ; login as sponsor) and see what it says for the applicant side. That's the most reliable way to tell as we have found.

As for QA reviews/interviews: They started doing these more when they sped the process up for inlands. It's a way for them to verify that the system is operating as it should be. As for QA reviews: they can silently do these and generally they don't slow processing down. They consist of a simple review of the documents, the officer's notes, and the results. As for QA interviews: nothing to worry about. They can ask you anything about your file, but are usually pretty simple -- some people have reported the officer inviting them to land immediately after the appointment (not common; but happens). This can slow you down, as Etobicoke does take up to 8 weeks to schedule anything typically.

Etobicoke will send a more detailed letter with what to bring, and a time in a landing letter.
The 14 September sounds more like an SA letter, not an AIP letter. The 15 September letter doesn't sound like AIP either, but rather a letter to notify of transfer to Etobicoke for further review. I think an AIP letter will follow after Etobicoke completes its review. But everything else you said makes sense about what's going to happen at Etobicoke.

Reactions: Zayed

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The 14 September sounds more like an SA letter, not an AIP letter. The 15 September letter doesn't sound like AIP either, but rather a letter to notify of transfer to Etobicoke for further review. I think an AIP letter will follow after Etobicoke completes its review. But everything else you said makes sense about what's going to happen at Etobicoke.
So, my wife has landed. I have the SA, AIP, and DM letters here from earlier this year. September 15 is an AIP letter. It sounds like an AIP + QA letter; a letter I have seen several times, via friends and members since the beginning of this year.

Funny story: look at the timelines for 2016 in the spreadsheet. A person who applied the same day (received) got an SA and AIP before my wife (a week or so). They got a transfer letter, just after our SA, and waited 8 weeks. They had to wait for a QA interview at Etobicoke. My wife, landed without anything other than a redo medical.

You don't have to believe me, ask @matthars or @sylvain1.

This will either end in a review and an approval, or a review and an interview (and approval from there).

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So, my wife has landed. I have the SA, AIP, and DM letters here from earlier this year. September 15 is an AIP letter. It sounds like an AIP + QA letter; a letter I have seen several times, via friends and members since the beginning of this year.

Funny story: look at the timelines for 2016 in the spreadsheet. A person who applied the same day (received) got an SA and AIP before my wife (a week or so). They got a transfer letter, just after our SA, and waited 8 weeks. They had to wait for a QA interview at Etobicoke. My wife, landed without anything other than a redo medical.

You don't have to believe me, ask @matthars or @sylvain1.

This will either end in a review and an approval, or a review and an interview (and approval from there).
Oh! No, I definitely do believe you, you've been through the whole process! I was asking more for my own understanding and clarification. I haven't seen samples of SA or AIP letters before. I just expected the AIP letter to sound more... positive, like the SA one does. Something along the lines of that you're eligible to be considered for PR now. But I guess I'm confusing it with DM which is the nicer sounding letter. AIP means you're in the running to be considered properly now I guess, but doesn't mean you've been approved for PR yet. I just don't think it's common for apps to be transferred after AIP. I've heard that after DM letter, they say your info is transferred to local CIC office to contact you for a landing interview. I guess if it's transferred after AIP and before DM that means the local office wants to do more digging.

Thanks for the info!