+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

gabrielasqs

Sep 26, 2017
Hello all,
Today I received a call said they are immigration officer. But they block their phone number. They told me that I need to email them joint account and some kind of bills that show the address on. Then my application process won’t delay.
I think it a fraud. But I still want to ask, do you ever received a call from immigration says they want more information about the marriage so that they can make final decision? I usually receive email from them. But today they called me, this is very weird.
Thank you so much for your help.
from the past week until yesterday a saw a couple of people who received a call from the immigration officer to confirm some infos.

Kellz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello all,
Today I received a call said they are immigration officer. But they block their phone number. They told me that I need to email them joint account and some kind of bills that show the address on. Then my application process won’t delay.
I think it a fraud. But I still want to ask, do you ever received a call from immigration says they want more information about the marriage so that they can make final decision? I usually receive email from them. But today they called me, this is very weird.
Thank you so much for your help.
I recieve a call from them on monday....number was not blocked, same they asked to email bill for proof of address and another doc from my husband. We emailed it and got DM and landing interview letter next day.

Reactions: gabrielasqs

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Our Ecas was updated this morning to have "In Procress" on both sides (Sponsorship Application and Permanent Residence Application). Thank God for some movement!

I'm now wondering how to interpret it. What does SA, AIP, and DM look like on Ecas? Does this mean perhaps that they are just working both sides of the application simultaneously?

Thanks in advance for any help!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Our Ecas was updated this morning to have "In Procress" on both sides (Sponsorship Application and Permanent Residence Application). Thank God for some movement!

I'm now wondering how to interpret it. What does SA, AIP, and DM look like on Ecas? Does this mean perhaps that they are just working both sides of the application simultaneously?

Movement is good.

In 2016 cases (up until recently) ECAS would look like this:
Application Received / Application Received -- this is where they have only just created the file, and verified they have enough documentation to start processing (they don't intend to return the file).

In Process / Application Received -- the file has been opened, stuff has started.

Decision Made / Application Received -- if you catch ECAS in this state, play the lottery. It means Sponsorship Approval has been given (SA), but they have yet to start processing the principal applicant. They have yet to assess the eligibility of the principal applicant to apply under the program they have applied under.

Decision Made / In Process -- this means the applicant(s) have met the eligibility requirements to apply for a PR under the program they have applied under. For inland family, this is Approval In Principle (AIP). With this, the letter that states you meet the eligibility requirements that typically is sent, can be used to apply for OHIP/RAMQ and you are eligible for an OWP, if you were out of status.

Decision Made / Decision Made -- if you did not receive a Procedural Fairness Letter by this point, it's time to do the happy dance. This is DM. Your file is done processing, and approved. Then you just have to wait for a landing invitation. There is an "interview", but it's like getting a driver's license.

Decision Made / Complete -- you have landed!

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018

Congrats :) I am December 6th applicant and it is extremely quiet on my side. I have seen a lot of people from Nov-Dec 2016 started getting "In Process" for the Principal Applicants. Hopefully I will get mine soon.

I am worried that I would be the one who waits forever watching the rest getting their PRs, like it happened with a couple of August and September 2016 applicants. My PGWP is expiring at the end of September 2018. I hope I will be done by then as I have a career promising job which I don't want to lose because CIC and other departments related to PR processing take forever to get their job done.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Congrats :) I am December 6th applicant and it is extremely quiet on my side. I have seen a lot of people from Nov-Dec 2016 started getting "In Process" for the Principal Applicants. Hopefully I will get mine soon.

I am worried that I would be the one who waits forever watching the rest getting their PRs, like it happened with a couple of August and September 2016 applicants. My PGWP is expiring at the end of September 2018. I hope I will be done by then as I have a career promising job which I don't want to lose because CIC and other departments related to PR processing take forever to get their job done.
Pass in an application for the spousal OWP (see my signature for howto). It will take 4mos to process, but passing that in now should help maintain your status (and you can keep working).

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Pass in an application for the spousal OWP (see my signature for howto). It will take 4mos to process, but passing that in now should help maintain your status (and you can keep working).
So basically I can't work after my PGWP expires? I remember I was able to work while waiting for PGWP with expired Study Permit as I had already submitted my application.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So basically I can't work after my PGWP expires? I remember I was able to work while waiting for PGWP with expired Study Permit as I had already submitted my application.
There is debate around it. But as I read IRPA, there is no "implied status" when transitioning from PGWP -> OWP. They are sufficiently different that the original conditions of the PGWP no longer exist. So, I would overlap with the OWP to avoid losing your present opportunity.

DariaZ

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
There is debate around it. But as I read IRPA, there is no "implied status" when transitioning from PGWP -> OWP. They are sufficiently different that the original conditions of the PGWP no longer exist. So, I would overlap with the OWP to avoid losing your present opportunity.
Thanks for your help. I will look into that :)

Reactions: profiler