+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
I checked ECAS and it says "Decision Made" on both the Sponsor's side and the Applicant side for Permanent Resident Application.

EDIT: GOT LANDING INTERVIEW LETTER! November 20 @ 2:00pm in Vancouver :)

Any tips and what to expect during this interview???

Last edited:

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Hi Everyone we just received an eligibility pass on mycic. What happens from here? Thanks.

Reactions: KandyK

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi everyone, finally LANDED last Friday (Nov 3rd).

It was done in about 5 min and issued me a COPR.

It was like getting out of the school. At the end, all you get is a piece of a paper, but you feel so completed.

The officer asked me well-known typical questions... plus one more.

He asked me if my wife and I have any child anywhere in the world...

Hope everyone gets their landing soon!

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-12-2017

It was like getting out of the school. At the end, all you get is a piece of a paper, but you feel so completed.

Hope everyone gets their landing soon![/QUO

Congratulations! We received an eligibility pass on mycic. Do you know what happens from here? Thanks.

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016

What kind of questions did they ask you?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I checked ECAS and it says "Decision Made" on both the Sponsor's side and the Applicant side for Permanent Resident Application.

EDIT: GOT LANDING INTERVIEW LETTER! November 20 @ 2:00pm in Vancouver :)

Any tips and what to expect during this interview???
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Everyone we just received an eligibility pass on mycic. What happens from here? Thanks.
Congrats on AIP. Next they will validate your medical, criminality and security clearances. After that, you will get a decision letter and a landing invitation.

Reactions: VIRGIEWOOLF

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you!!

Are they usually pretty straight forward when it comes to inland interviews? I've been reading on an interview thread but majority are from outland so their interviews are far more detailed...
If you are inland, you're reading the totally wrong thread.

It's like getting a driver's license. A couple known questions for you, and for CIC (they have investigated you). Initial, sign, be congratulated and welcomed to Canada, answer some questions, and you're out to update (or get a new) SIN, and health care (update if you already have).

61 days later, a PR Card comes in the mail.

Reactions: sylvain1

ferrod

Nov 6, 2017
Hi,
I would really appreciate your help with my concern. I'm sponsoring my wife (inland), we are nearly at the end of the process (App received Jan 28 2017) medicals passed on May 5, 2017. Three weeks ago she got "arrested" at a store for "theft under 5000" ($35 cad value). The police gave her a Notice of Appearance. She had her Photo and Fingerprints taken last week at the police station and she is supposed to appear in court in 3 weeks. So far she has not been convicted and this is her first offence.
My concern is that today we got a letter from CIC requesting her fingerprints and Police Check from Canada and said that we have 30 days to send it.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? or Can help with any advice on whether we should tell Immigration whats going on now? Or wait till she goes to court and have a resolution? If she sends her Fingerprints now would the Sponsorship Application be refused?

Thank you!!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi,
I would really appreciate your help with my concern. I'm sponsoring my wife (inland), we are nearly at the end of the process (App received Jan 28 2017) medicals passed on May 5, 2017. Three weeks ago she got "arrested" at a store for "theft under 5000" ($35 cad value). The police gave her a Notice of Appearance. She had her Photo and Fingerprints taken last week at the police station and she is supposed to appear in court in 3 weeks. So far she has not been convicted and this is her first offence.
My concern is that today we got a letter from CIC requesting her fingerprints and Police Check from Canada and said that we have 30 days to send it.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? or Can help with any advice on whether we should tell Immigration whats going on now? Or wait till she goes to court and have a resolution? If she sends her Fingerprints now would the Sponsorship Application be refused?

Thank you!!
Well. That's certainly no bueno. You need to provide the fingerprints if they have asked for it. You don't need to notify them until conviction. They will ask questions at landing, if she was convicted. She MUST answer truthfully to this.

That said, I would say you're at least 3 months away from being done...

Reactions: sylvain1

ferrod

Nov 6, 2017
Well. That's certainly no bueno. You need to provide the fingerprints if they have asked for it. You don't need to notify them until conviction. They will ask questions at landing, if she was convicted. She MUST answer truthfully to this.

That said, I would say you're at least 3 months away from being done...

Thanks for the reply. Do you think she is getting the fingerprints request because they know what she did already? Since she got her picture taken and fingerprints last week? Or asking for the Police Check is common among all applicants?

And.. if she gets diversion, or the charges withdrawn will we have problems as well? My concern is that we send her fingerprints now, and they see she has been arrested and make the decision right away to deny the application instead of waiting for the court resolution.

Have you heard of any other similar case?

Thank you so much, I am really worried and we've been waiting for so long that I am very afraid they will separate us.

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Congrats on AIP. Next they will validate your medical, criminality and security clearances. After that, you will get a decision letter and a landing invitation.
Thank you so much Profiler. Medical was already passed, no interview needed, so I guess just BC and SC. So I see that you are like a timeline Guru, any predictions on how much longer????:D