+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Hello everyone. I hope somebody could help me out. Any information is greatly appreciated. I am 2017 July applicant and recently received my AOR and Schedule a and pcc request. On the pcc request, it says country where you stay most of your adult life. So I have everything ready but then upon double checking, I've seen that I should have sent even the one that I've spent 6 months in. So my question is, can I include a cover letter saying that I already requested the missing pcc and would send as soon as I receive it. Would that work or I have to wait until I get that and submit it all together? I'm afraid I'm not gonna make it to the deadline. Thank you so much in advance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It's advised not to travel out of the country during inland process. If she plans to travel a lot during the process, maybe the Outland route would be better. Having said that, several people did travel during the processing of their application and had no troubles re-entering Canada, but if she would be denied re-entry, the application could be considered abandoned. So there is always a risk.

If you apply Outland, she can stay here on her visitor visa, but she has to apply to extend her stay before it expires (typically she will be granted a 6 months visit when she will enter Canada). However, if you apply Outland, she cannot apply for the OWP and won't be eligible for OHIP until the landing.

Regarding OHIP if you apply inland, after she has the OWP and once she has a full-time job, she can ask a letter to her employer stating that they hire her for at least 6 months. With that in hands, she can apply for OHIP. Otherwise, she has to wait until she receives AIP, which arrives mostly at the end of the processing.
Well said!

@Sumaddi I would only add that, her status doesn't change when she applies for a PR. The only "implied" status she would get, would be an "implied" visitor status, if she applies close to the end of her original stay. This stays until the OWP is issued. At that point, she would have worker status. The PR application only grants the status of Permanent Resident, when she lands.

As to OHIP, she would need to have an OWP and full time job (with employer letter), or AIP (CICs letter stating she is eligible to apply), or her PR in order to apply for OHIP. Once they accept the application, it's a 90 day wait. They will usually back-date the 90 days to when she becomes employed, the date on her AIP letter, or the day she gets her COPR. So, it will all depend on when she applies.

Reactions: Sumaddi

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Great! I hope she enjoyed her time there and that she will have nice flights on the way back!
Work to do?? No tomorrow you just have her favourite food delivered at home (she will be too tired to go out) and you buy her favorite drink (vodka? ;)). Even if a bit of cleaning remains to be done, she won't care, she will just be happy to be with Profiler having a nice meal and a nice drink!
Not wodka. Nooooo. Maybe cider or wine. We will have to play it by ear, WRT food... I know she avoids drinking water or anything when she flies. So, big water bottles required :)

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just called CIC.. and it says they are working on files received before AUG 25 2016.

How come Sep 2016 applicants are landing...???
It means that there is at least one team who have already finished their August stack of applications? They "divide and conquer"..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello everyone. I hope somebody could help me out. Any information is greatly appreciated. I am 2017 July applicant and recently received my AOR and Schedule a and pcc request. On the pcc request, it says country where you stay most of your adult life. So I have everything ready but then upon double checking, I've seen that I should have sent even the one that I've spent 6 months in. So my question is, can I include a cover letter saying that I already requested the missing pcc and would send as soon as I receive it. Would that work or I have to wait until I get that and submit it all together? I'm afraid I'm not gonna make it to the deadline. Thank you so much in advance.
Just send a case specific enquiry via IRC. Webform. Tell them you have applied for the PCCs you need, but you won't have one for whatever country in time. Request an extension, and state you will send it when you receive it. Give them whatever you have. You can safely assume they will extend the due date.

Reactions: sylvain1

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
Just send a case specific enquiry via IRC. Webform. Tell them you have applied for the PCCs you need, but you won't have one for whatever country in time. Request an extension, and state you will send it when you receive it. Give them whatever you have. You can safely assume they will extend the due date.
Thank you so much profiler. Your response is highly appreciated. I am assuming I could send now the pcc that I have using my cic account then include a cover letter saying that I already requested the missing one and include a proof with it. I am thinking if I am just over thinking things through because they clearly stated that I have to provide the pcc from the country where I spent most of my adult life and not all of the countries I've spent 6 months or more. Anyhow, thank you very much.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much profiler. Your response is highly appreciated. I am assuming I could send now the pcc that I have using my cic account then include a cover letter saying that I already requested the missing one and include a proof with it. I am thinking if I am just over thinking things through because they clearly stated that I have to provide the pcc from the country where I spent most of my adult life and not all of the countries I've spent 6 months or more. Anyhow, thank you very much.
It used to be every country where you spent 6 months. So send a CASE, and attach what you have there. That will let you include a message to CIC as well. That's where you advise there is others coming, and you doubt they will all be available. So you will send them in another CASE when you get them. They will just wait.

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
It used to be every country where you spent 6 months. So send a CASE, and attach what you have there. That will let you include a message to CIC as well. That's where you advise there is others coming, and you doubt they will all be available. So you will send them in another CASE when you get them. They will just wait.
Thank you very much for your response.

Reactions: profiler

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
I just called CIC.. and it says they are working on files received before AUG 25 2016.

How come Sep 2016 applicants are landing...???
I don't think the system works. If you check those who applied on December, 2016 on the spreadsheet, you will see that most of them are already landing.

Reactions: rizaki

egee00

Oct 20, 2012
App. Filed.......
17-07-2017
I requested for the Australian pcc this afternoon (the one I'm missing) then emailed them tonight that I need it urgently. Explained my case. And in an hour, they emailed me back saying that my Certificate is done and I should expect it within 10-20 business days. I have one of two problems solved, the other one is obtaining a traffic history which I don't really have any information on the record since I have never gotten a driver's license in Australia. Yay. Thank you very much for your help.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Great! I hope she enjoyed her time there and that she will have nice flights on the way back!
Work to do?? No tomorrow you just have her favourite food delivered at home (she will be too tired to go out) and you buy her favorite drink (vodka? ;)). Even if a bit of cleaning remains to be done, she won't care, she will just be happy to be with Profiler having a nice meal and a nice drink!
The food order is in. She is still in the plane, on the tarmac in Frankfurt; or was at 8:08am still. But has decided that I will be picking sushi (from a little known shop called "Nagano"; see: http://nagano-sushi.com/) up from one of the local places to us, on the way home. So, I will bring the take out menu with me, so she can decide what she feels like (and we can call) on the 401.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I requested for the Australian pcc this afternoon (the one I'm missing) then emailed them tonight that I need it urgently. Explained my case. And in an hour, they emailed me back saying that my Certificate is done and I should expect it within 10-20 business days. I have one of two problems solved, the other one is obtaining a traffic history which I don't really have any information on the record since I have never gotten a driver's license in Australia. Yay. Thank you very much for your help.
No problem. Though I wonder if there is an arrangement between Oz and Can like there is Nz and Can. There is a release form you can give CIC, and they can just contact and get the PCC details direct via the High Commission.

Anyway, I am surprised they are asking for a driver's abstract. Vehicular Manslaughter aside, there isn't a crime that you could be convicted of that would be more than a few years in jail. That would be detected by the personal history anyway. So, it begs the question: is it really necessary?

Anyway, I am glad you got it sorted!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
The food order is in. She is still in the plane, on the tarmac in Frankfurt; or was at 8:08am still. But has decided that I will be picking sushi (from a little known shop called "Nagano"; see: http://nagano-sushi.com/) up from one of the local places to us, on the way home. So, I will bring the take out menu with me, so she can decide what she feels like (and we can call) on the 401.
Great! My wife doesn't eat sushi, but I don't mind, I'm not a big fan either. Again I hope she has a nice flight back to Toronto!

Reactions: profiler

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017

so exciting when someone you love comes home :)