Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
Salute!! Where in montreal office u landed? My appointment is aug 30 at 9am 1010st-antoine
Hi. We did the landing at Complex Guy Favreau, 200 Rene Levesque Ouest. But normally it`s St Antoine. The invitation came from St Antoine office but we were invited to the other office. I think this office is normally for citizenship.

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017
Hi. We did the landing at Complex Guy Favreau, 200 Rene Levesque Ouest. But normally it`s St Antoine. The invitation came from St Antoine office but we were invited to the other office. I think this office is normally for citizenship.
Oh i see! Glad it went smooth though!!

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Aug 15 lol....
Did you request for gcms note? It's two months for me today after getting AIP . In my gcms note it said my application is queuing for review and they extended my medical check as well . I dont know what review they are doing ,i wish i could know what review it is , im prepared for everything lol

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Did you request for gcms note? It's two months for me today after getting AIP . In my gcms note it said my application is queuing for review and they extended my medical check as well . I dont know what review they are doing ,i wish i could know what review it is , im prepared for everything lol
No I have not requested GCMS note yet.. I will wait until September and if I dont hear anything back, I will order GCMS note.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
LANDED ;):):p:D

We have landed this morning smoothly. Again, thanks everyone in the forum.
The landing was a bit different than the ones mentioned in this forum. Firstly, we weren`t invited to the office where they usually do the landings in Montreal. I think this office was for citizenship exams. There were like 35-40 couples who had 8:30am appointment like us. A lady explained things about PR in both official languages (took like 7-8 mins). And then they started calling people. I couldn`t figure out in which order. It wasn`t alphabetic for sure. The landing part was same as everyone else`s. Three simple questions and then welcome to Canada. In total it took 1 hour.

Thanks again everybody. I wish good luck to everyone who`s still waiting. Hope to see you in 2 years in the citizenship forum ;) In the meantime I`ll keep following the forum (since it has become an addiction).
First, congratulations!! I'm happy for you!
Then my guess is that they are trying to reduce the backlog in Montreal landings, that's probably why they processed you in a different office. Montreal office is very busy with these asylum seekers crossing from USA.

Reactions: cenker and profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Salute!! Where in montreal office u landed? My appointment is aug 30 at 9am 1010st-antoine!! Felicitations!!
The 1010 st-antoine, 2nd floor, is the regular office.

Reactions: Arctic_cat

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LANDED ;):):p:D

We have landed this morning smoothly. Again, thanks everyone in the forum.
The landing was a bit different than the ones mentioned in this forum. Firstly, we weren`t invited to the office where they usually do the landings in Montreal. I think this office was for citizenship exams. There were like 35-40 couples who had 8:30am appointment like us. A lady explained things about PR in both official languages (took like 7-8 mins). And then they started calling people. I couldn`t figure out in which order. It wasn`t alphabetic for sure. The landing part was same as everyone else`s. Three simple questions and then welcome to Canada. In total it took 1 hour.

Thanks again everybody. I wish good luck to everyone who`s still waiting. Hope to see you in 2 years in the citizenship forum ;) In the meantime I`ll keep following the forum (since it has become an addiction).
Congrats Mon ami!

Reactions: cenker

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Then you probably got your permanent SIN from the same building, there is also a service Canada office in that same building. We actually walked to that building to get the new SIN for my wife after the landing on the st-Antoine street office.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
First, congratulations!! I'm happy for you!
Then my guess is that they are trying to reduce the backlog in Montreal landings, that's probably why they processed you in a different office. Montreal office is very busy with these asylum seekers crossing from USA.
"Trumpugees" ;)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So the missus is on a return flight at 02h15 eastern. Excited to see her again...but soo much work to do!

Edit: landing at Pearson at 16:17 eastern. So I guess that's 14hours? Long day!

Last edited:

Sumaddi

Aug 23, 2017
Hi,

I was wounding if anyone already knowing the inland process can help answer a few questions here regarding inland application. Sorry if the information has already been answered here. 1258 pages of info here :)

I am a PR in Canada working a full time job in Hamilton,ON. My fiance in visiting Hamilton in October on a visitors visa. We have the wedding planned for later in October. I am planning to sponsor her PR inland.

Here is my understanding of the process:

- My fiance arrives on a visitor visa.

- We get married and apply for the marriage certificate right away.

-Once we have the marriage certificate, we send in the application for PR and OWP ( my wife now, still remains on visitors status until AOR is received)

-Once the AOR is received, her status changes to Implied status as the PR Application is now in process

-approx 4 months in, decision will be made on the OWP, while the PR application continues to be processed. Status changes from implied to Worker.

-PR application process completes and she can do inland landing.

Following are my questions:

- From the time we get married and send in our application, can she leave Canada? or does she have to stay in Canada until a final decision is made on the PR application?

- If she leaves Canada, can she return on her visitor visa, while the PR application is still in process? She already has a multiple entry visit visa

- From the day we get married, to the day she receives her OWP, can she apply for OHIP?

- When will the soonest be that she can apply for OHIP.

- Lastly, if we get married in Canada, can we apply for an outland Application while she stays here on her visitor status. And travel in case it is need for medical.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these questions.

Thanks

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I just called CIC.. and it says they are working on files received before AUG 25 2016.

How come Sep 2016 applicants are landing...???

Reactions: rizaki

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
So the missus is on a return flight at 02h15 eastern. Excited to see her again...but soo much work to do!

Edit: landing at Pearson at 16:17 eastern. So I guess that's 14hours? Long day!
Great! I hope she enjoyed her time there and that she will have nice flights on the way back!
Work to do?? No tomorrow you just have her favourite food delivered at home (she will be too tired to go out) and you buy her favorite drink (vodka? ;)). Even if a bit of cleaning remains to be done, she won't care, she will just be happy to be with Profiler having a nice meal and a nice drink!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi,

I was wounding if anyone already knowing the inland process can help answer a few questions here regarding inland application. Sorry if the information has already been answered here. 1258 pages of info here :)

I am a PR in Canada working a full time job in Hamilton,ON. My fiance in visiting Hamilton in October on a visitors visa. We have the wedding planned for later in October. I am planning to sponsor her PR inland.

Here is my understanding of the process:

- My fiance arrives on a visitor visa.

- We get married and apply for the marriage certificate right away.

-Once we have the marriage certificate, we send in the application for PR and OWP ( my wife now, still remains on visitors status until AOR is received)

-Once the AOR is received, her status changes to Implied status as the PR Application is now in process

-approx 4 months in, decision will be made on the OWP, while the PR application continues to be processed. Status changes from implied to Worker.

-PR application process completes and she can do inland landing.

Following are my questions:

- From the time we get married and send in our application, can she leave Canada? or does she have to stay in Canada until a final decision is made on the PR application?

- If she leaves Canada, can she return on her visitor visa, while the PR application is still in process? She already has a multiple entry visit visa

- From the day we get married, to the day she receives her OWP, can she apply for OHIP?

- When will the soonest be that she can apply for OHIP.

- Lastly, if we get married in Canada, can we apply for an outland Application while she stays here on her visitor status. And travel in case it is need for medical.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these questions.

Thanks
It's advised not to travel out of the country during inland process. If she plans to travel a lot during the process, maybe the Outland route would be better. Having said that, several people did travel during the processing of their application and had no troubles re-entering Canada, but if she would be denied re-entry, the application could be considered abandoned. So there is always a risk.

If you apply Outland, she can stay here on her visitor visa, but she has to apply to extend her stay before it expires (typically she will be granted a 6 months visit when she will enter Canada). However, if you apply Outland, she cannot apply for the OWP and won't be eligible for OHIP until the landing.

Regarding OHIP if you apply inland, after she has the OWP and once she has a full-time job, she can ask a letter to her employer stating that they hire her for at least 6 months. With that in hands, she can apply for OHIP. Otherwise, she has to wait until she receives AIP, which arrives mostly at the end of the processing.