+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017
Hi, can i know which date of your application? Im sept application too, but still get nothing
Hi they received my application sept 9 2016
Aor oct 17 2016
Owp feb 1 2017
Csq Received feb 6 2017
My background check in progress since january 16 2017
Just august 14 2017 upto now i checked my cic updated "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "background check still in progress"
August 15 2017 email received for landing date August 30 2017 and checked ecas decision made both sides.
No SA and Aip letter received.

Last edited:

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
Hi they received my application sept 9 2016
Aor oct 17 2016
Owp feb 1 2017
Csq Received feb 6 2017
My background check in progress since january 16 2017
Just august 14 2017 upto now i checked my cic updated "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "background check still in progress"
August 15 2017 email received for landing date August 30 2017 and checked ecas decision made both sides.
No SA and Aip letter received.
wow, thanks for your reply and Congratulation!! My application was received by them on 13 sept. hopefully i will hear some good news sooner.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Sept2016 inland applicant here.
Received an email title: cic-que-pre landing
Is this a final landing interview? Or genuinity interview prior landing?
I dont receive any aip letter, just this monday my cic was updated to "we are reviewing your eligibility" and still background check in progress since january 2016

After i read the email today i checked ecas decision made on both sides of sponsor and applicant.

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:

August 30th at 9:00 AM
AT
1010 Saint-Antoine street West, 2nd floor Montreal, QC H3C 1B2

In order to be admitted to the IRCC Montréal office, clients who have received a convocation letter must: -Present their convocation letter AND;
-Provide documents proving their identity matches the name on the letter (lease, bills, social

insurance card, etc.)

Please note:

 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you.

•  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for

hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

•  Only the following persons will be allowed admittance with the clients:

-Representative (lawyer, certified consultant OR accompanying person);
    -Child/children OR dependent(s) if their presence is deemed necessary.
    Representatives and accompanying persons must provide a piece of photo identification.

If you have a major impediment and are unable to attend the interview, you must notify us by email at CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca before the scheduled date, indicating your UCI number and explaining the reason of your absence. Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

(Reverse)
    Please bring the following original documents:
     A valid passport or travel document. If you were previously advised that you are exempt

from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

 The "Québec selection certificate" issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI);

 Two photographs are required for you and each person in your family in Canada included in your permanent residence application. Follow the link below for more specifications;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

 Proof of Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment (RPRF) of $490,00. (See below for specifications).

Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fees

Fees in the amount of 490,00$ per adult who is subject to permanent residency must be paid, prior to obtaining Canadian permanent resident status. This also includes the members of your family registered in your application who are living outside of Canada.
    •  If you have already paid the fees before this invitation letter, please bring the proof of payment

•  If you are an applicant mentioned below, you do not have to pay this fee:
      • - Dependent children of the principal applicant or sponsor;

• - Protected persons, including Convention refugees.
    •  We no longer process payments in the office.

•  If you have not already paid the fees, you must do so prior to your interview by following the

hyperlink below to do your payment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=rprf
     Please print and bring the receipt, not the confirmation page.

Like profiler say it's landing interview congratulations

Reactions: Arctic_cat

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Reactions: Arctic_cat

janecki

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
I received my OWP after 10 months since I was out of status. I a still waiting for my sponsorship which they are doing background check.
Can I apply for OHIP and SIN with OWP?
when did you apply/receive OWP?
it has been 8 months since application for my wife

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, just wondering if its possible to check how my work permit is doing at all? My inland application was just approved for the medical but I have no idea how far along the work permit is. Is there anyone i can contact? They received my application in feb

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys, just wondering if its possible to check how my work permit is doing at all? My inland application was just approved for the medical but I have no idea how far along the work permit is. Is there anyone i can contact? They received my application in feb
Were you out of status when you applied? That's 6 months, and they should have approved it already. Which means there is something wrong, and you should call CIC to find out what... unless you were out of status -- that would explain it all.

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happened was they sent it back originally as it was missing a signature, i sent it back the same day. (this was a while ago) I was in status when it was originally sent, expired a few weeks after.

However 2 months ago I received a call that i was then out of status because of having to send it back again, they just asked me to pay the fee for restoration of status. I knew this would delay it, but by how long?

Also, what number can i call? Sorry the information about this stuff is hard to find!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
What happened was they sent it back originally as it was missing a signature, i sent it back the same day. (this was a while ago) I was in status when it was originally sent, expired a few weeks after.

However 2 months ago I received a call that i was then out of status because of having to send it back again, they just asked me to pay the fee for restoration of status. I knew this would delay it, but by how long?

Also, what number can i call? Sorry the information about this stuff is hard to find!
888-242-2100 and it can take up to 4 months to get the OWP, but I am not sure how long from the time they would call you.

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
Sept2016 inland applicant here.
Received an email title: cic-que-pre landing
Is this a final landing interview? Or genuinity interview prior landing?
I dont receive any aip letter, just this monday my cic was updated to "we are reviewing your eligibility" and still background check in progress since january 2016

After i read the email today i checked ecas decision made on both sides of sponsor and applicant.

We are pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at your next interview that has been scheduled for:

August 30th at 9:00 AM
AT
1010 Saint-Antoine street West, 2nd floor Montreal, QC H3C 1B2

In order to be admitted to the IRCC Montréal office, clients who have received a convocation letter must: -Present their convocation letter AND;
-Provide documents proving their identity matches the name on the letter (lease, bills, social

insurance card, etc.)

Please note:

 If you were sponsored, please ensure that your sponsor attends the interview with you.

•  If you believe that you will require the services of an interpreter, you are responsible for

hiring/finding an interpreter and ensuring that they attend the interview with you.

•  Only the following persons will be allowed admittance with the clients:

-Representative (lawyer, certified consultant OR accompanying person);
    -Child/children OR dependent(s) if their presence is deemed necessary.
    Representatives and accompanying persons must provide a piece of photo identification.

If you have a major impediment and are unable to attend the interview, you must notify us by email at CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca before the scheduled date, indicating your UCI number and explaining the reason of your absence. Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the IRCC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

(Reverse)
    Please bring the following original documents:
     A valid passport or travel document. If you were previously advised that you are exempt

from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;

 The "Québec selection certificate" issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI);

 Two photographs are required for you and each person in your family in Canada included in your permanent residence application. Follow the link below for more specifications;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp

 Proof of Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment (RPRF) of $490,00. (See below for specifications).

Payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fees

Fees in the amount of 490,00$ per adult who is subject to permanent residency must be paid, prior to obtaining Canadian permanent resident status. This also includes the members of your family registered in your application who are living outside of Canada.
    •  If you have already paid the fees before this invitation letter, please bring the proof of payment

•  If you are an applicant mentioned below, you do not have to pay this fee:
      • - Dependent children of the principal applicant or sponsor;

• - Protected persons, including Convention refugees.
    •  We no longer process payments in the office.

•  If you have not already paid the fees, you must do so prior to your interview by following the

hyperlink below to do your payment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=CA&lob=rprf
     Please print and bring the receipt, not the confirmation page.

Hey congrats! When did you see the DM on ECAS for both sides, if i may ask? I am gonna be 5 weeks from the DM on Thursday and still waiting for landing letter. I am an August applicant from Montreal.
Enjoy the landing.

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
when did you apply/receive OWP?
It has been 8 months since the application for my wife
I applied in Oct.2016 but it was received in Vegrellvile office in Feb:(. At that time I was out of status so I applied for visitor extension in March and approved in June 28. OWP approved Aug.05 , So stressful.
Waiting for AIP.

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks, the call kept cutting out so I wasnt able to do anything. I'll try again later.

Thanks for your help, I just hope it isnt too far off :/

Justos

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should get restoration approval first and it takes 3-4 months
That's crazy! it takes 14 days to get a visa in the first place. All because I signed the document on the computer and not with my handwriting! Agh.

So Im looking at potentially months more wait. Insane.

In any case, thank you guys for the replies. I will just have to tough it out a few months longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: masouleht