AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Yes, all that is unfortunately true but it's unfortunate to hear or see you're not in that 80% especially when majority of those before and after you in this forum has gotten through. Faith is highly necessary in these times
I fully agree! I know what it feels like, we were also in that 20%, but even if the story is long, it ends well!

Reactions: dominicantiguan

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
There is no need to be sorry. You're just new here ;).

No a province has to initiate the change. So, when you get your PR Card, submit the Name change request, and supply your marriage certificate, and your NFLD DL. That should be enough. I would wait until you have your card though -- to avoid confusion.

CIC and Service Canada are unconnected. The responsibility for CIC is refugees and immigration concerns. A name change is a provincial government concern. Remember: Canada is a federation of provinces and territories. So, the provinces manage little things like names. The federal government will take the change, based on the ID provided by the province. I believe in Quebec, they do not permit a partner to take a surname because of marriage -- I could be very wrong here, but I remember reading something of the sort. Just goes to show you exactly why CIC is not concerned.

Once you're landed, you can mention to Service Canada that you have a name change happening (show your NFLD DL). They should be able to automatically apply that to your CRA account (that's who issues the SIN).
ok, so when I (eventually) get the landing for St Johns, and go straight to Service Canada to get the SIN and to get my MCP (also in St Johns) with my COPR and perhaps they can change the name on those at that time? Then I would have to submit all those details to CIC after I receive the actual PR card to get the PR card name changed?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
ok, so when I (eventually) get the landing for St Johns, and go straight to Service Canada to get the SIN and to get my MCP (also in St Johns) with my COPR and perhaps they can change the name on those at that time? Then I would have to submit all those details to CIC after I receive the actual PR card to get the PR card name changed?
Yeah I think that's how you should be able to do it. MCP (I guess that's NFLD's Health Care??) should be able to accept the DL as ID. But bring your marriage certificate to show them as well. Shouldn't be an issue. COPR will show your maiden name, and that will be the case forever. Canada has fields in their databases of people: "Also Known As". So, the COPR can forever have your maiden name...

Unfortunately for my wife, Russia does not see things the same way. To change her surname, she will have to start at the department of internal affairs. This is where she has to apply for a new taxation account (as they cannot just rename or have an AKA). This is also tied to their internal passports (their form of government ID). Because her international passport is backed by the identity on her internal passport, her international passport becomes immediately invalidated.... and the first step of clearing up the internal affairs business takes at least 30 days to complete.... ugh!

Do you also plan to change your US passport (or are you waiting for renewal time to do that)?

Reactions: dskeard

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I fully agree! I know what it feels like, we were also in that 20%, but even if the story is long, it ends well!
I need to favourite that previous message of yours when I think you stated it took you 19-21 months? March notes said eligibility hasn't started then you went to DM?

ninnii

May 15, 2017
Congrats! Next they will email you a landing invitation. You may see sponsor approval, approval in principal and decision letters (email) in the mean time. They seem to get sent out of order when the system is overloaded.

I love it when I am right -- in positive cases :)

Edit: I guess I should make sure it's clearly a positive decision. You're becoming a PR.
Thanks @profiler .. But still the messages in my account says that they are reviewing my eligibility and the final decision is yet to be made. I called to CIC, and they mentioned if the status is changed to decision made in ECAS alone it doesn't mean that final decision is been made. It may be a small step that get passed. I have to wait for the correspondence for the next step! But for me and my spouse the status is been changed to decision made in ECAS

Reactions: sylvain1

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Thanks @profiler .. But still the messages in my account says that they are reviewing my eligibility and the final decision is yet to be made. I called to CIC, and they mentioned if the status is changed to decision made in ECAS alone it doesn't mean that final decision is been made. It may be a small step that get passed. I have to wait for the correspondence for the next step! But for me and my spouse the status is been changed to decision made in ECAS
Those agents are useless and barely know anything. It's highly annoying how much they don't know

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If the agent told you, then why not just believe the agent?

To the agent, the "final decision" is when they hand you your COPR. However, yes, you just have to wait for that appointment. That said, there is no further case processing happening.

myCIC will stay in that state until you land. That's the way it is.

But, certainly, you can believe the agent if you wish -- not like I have reported this 100 times ;)

Reactions: sylvain1

ninnii

May 15, 2017
If the agent told you, then why not just believe the agent?

To the agent, the "final decision" is when they hand you your COPR. However, yes, you just have to wait for that appointment. That said, there is no further case processing happening.

myCIC will stay in that state until you land. That's the way it is.

But, certainly, you can believe the agent if you wish -- not like I have reported this 100 times ;)
Haha.. Off course I am believing the agent but I am confused with the status in ECAS and GcKey. As ECAS says decision made for my application but in GCKey there is no update and still it says that they are reviewing my eligibilityo_O

Reactions: rizaki

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Haha.. Off course I am believing the agent but I am confused with the status in ECAS and GcKey. As ECAS says decision made for my application but in GCKey there is no update and still it says that they are reviewing my eligibilityo_O
If you're believing the agent, that your file hasn't been decided upon, then don't read any further in this post.

If you made it here, then what I am telling you is correct. Lately, myCIC gets to that state until you land. Then everything is "complete". ECAS is telling you that they are done. You just need to wait for an appointment to land.

At this point, neither system will change until you get the COPR at your landing. Then ECAS will say "DM" and "Complete", and myCIC will also show complete and approved.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I think they are suppose to give diplomatic answer
No, they are pretty clueless. The only reason I recommend calling is if there is something that requires an internal message to be sent, or if the applicant needs to know if the information being shown in myCIC is correct.

ninnii

May 15, 2017
If you're believing the agent, that your file hasn't been decided upon, then don't read any further in this post.

If you made it here, then what I am telling you is correct. Lately, myCIC gets to that state until you land. Then everything is "complete". ECAS is telling you that they are done. You just need to wait for an appointment to land.

At this point, neither system will change until you get the COPR at your landing. Then ECAS will say "DM" and "Complete", and myCIC will also show complete and approved.
Thankyou @profiler for your detailed explanation! You made it clear :) ...

Last edited:
Reactions: profiler

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
I think they are suppose to give diplomatic answer
Gckey hasn't been correct or on point in awhile. You go off what ECAS says as it's been much more accurate. As for diplomatic answers, there's that then there's not knowing anything and majority of them are useless.

kokopelli

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
15-05-2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront before app submitted
Interview........
29-08-2017
LANDED..........
29-08-2017
Good morning! My application has been approved and my landing date is scheduled for August 29th in Halifax. In the PDF I received, they said an additional payment of $490 is due for the Right of Permanent Residence. Is this fee included in my original application fee of $1040? Or is this a brand new fee I need to pay?

Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Good morning! My application has been approved and my landing date is scheduled for August 29th in Halifax. In the PDF I received, they said an additional payment of $490 is due for the Right of Permanent Residence. Is this fee included in my original application fee of $1040? Or is this a brand new fee I need to pay?

Thanks!
Awesome! :)

Original fee: $75 for the sponsorship application, $475 for the principal applicant's application, $490 for RPRF == $1040.

Bring that receipt and tell them you already paid.