IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm not aware if there are any turtles in our rivers around here, I never heard of that. But pike, walleye, musky, bass, different kind of trout, they are quite common here. We have several salmon rivers in the province, but it requires a special licence to fish them. I've never tried fishing salmon.
Turtles and frogs are a common thing for Canadian waters... So I just expect it as a possibility. They're good for the ecosystem, but they can snap tree branches in half with little effort. That makes it problematic when they take a crawfish that was stealing the worm on your hook ;).

We have similar species I expect. Have a peek at: https://www.ontariotravel.net/fr/play/fishing/fish-of-ontario (I hope the translation is right).

My wife and I did salmon fishing in April on Georgian Bay. Ontario fishing licenses do permit fishing of salmon and trout. But in certain specific areas and times they are protected for spawning purposes. In 3 hours we caught 10 big salmon. She is still eating it..

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Turtles and frogs are a common thing for Canadian waters... So I just expect it as a possibility. They're good for the ecosystem, but they can snap tree branches in half with little effort. That makes it problematic when they take a crawfish that was stealing the worm on your hook ;).

We have similar species I expect. Have a peek at: https://www.ontariotravel.net/fr/play/fishing/fish-of-ontario (I hope the translation is right).

My wife and I did salmon fishing in April on Georgian Bay. Ontario fishing licenses do permit fishing of salmon and trout. But in certain specific areas and times they are protected for spawning purposes. In 3 hours we caught 10 big salmon. She is still eating it..
Yes quite the same as here, sorry I can't get the equivalent page in English: http://www.mffp.gouv.qc.ca/faune/peche/poissons/
So apparently, we do have turtles! I never saw them in the nature, really never heard of their presence around here until I googled it!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes quite the same as here, sorry I can't get the equivalent page in English: http://www.mffp.gouv.qc.ca/faune/peche/poissons/
So apparently, we do have turtles! I never saw them in the nature, really never heard of their presence around here until I googled it!
No prob. Google offered to translate. Species are virtually the same. We have two types of rainbow trout -- "steelhead" and rainbow. Steelhead is still rainbows, just silver because they live in the great lakes.

Otherwise change the names and their identical.

What's cool here is, we live in the city still! In the mornings, my wife has reported common turtles (not snapping) sunning themselves on the banks. Deer roam the paths. Recently wild turkey have been seen wandering... I almost hit one with my car :(.

Salmon was cool to fish... But very technical when you are on a boat. I'd recommend trying it just once. You can say you did it then.

Reactions: sylvain1

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Just put it in the suitcase. Mom says it's hers for if or when they go out for dinner etc. They don't know your mom, nor how much jewellery she has or wears. If they are bringing food, they will likely be searched anyway....

Or you could visit them and bring some back, a bit at a time (enough to say it was a trip's worth).

Or involve your MP.

I hope they have a safe trip in any case!
Thank you so much Profiler!

Reactions: profiler

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Thank you Sylvain1, Carolbb23!!

Masouleht My application was received by CIC a year ago this week!!

My spouse hasnt received his Sponsor Approval yet. Is that normal for me to receive AIP first?

Reactions: masouleht

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

My spouse hasnt received his Sponsor Approval yet. Is that normal for me to receive AIP first?
For you to receive AIP, your sponsor has to be already approved. But it happens that they don't update ECAS or mycic and that they don't send a letter to confirm sponsor approval. Don't worry, if you got AIP, everything is on the way for you to get a DM soon.

Reactions: profiler

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Well, it's fair to believe that you have SA. From Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA): http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-24.html#h-70 :
"
DIVISION 2
Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class

Class
For the purposes of subsection 12(1) of the Act, the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of the requirements of this Division.

A foreign national is a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class if they
  • (a) are the spouse or common-law partner of a sponsor and cohabit with that sponsor in Canada;

• (b) have temporary resident status in Canada; and

• (c) are the subject of a sponsorship application
..."

By this logic, if you don't have a sponsor that can sponsor you, then you wouldn't have a spouse or common-law partner who is the sponsor, right? :D

So, this means the SA email is likely delayed. If you want to make sure, log into ECAS to verify that the Sponsorship side says, "Decision Made".

Reactions: sylvain1

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
Hi Sylvain1 and Profiler

Thank you again for the responses!!! My CIC account still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" for Review of Eligibility which is a bit confusing but I do have the letter to say i passed.

I checked my ECAS and my boyfriends after you mentioned it Profiler but unfortunately it must not have been updated because it doesnt say anything about him being approved yet. But I will take you advise and be safe to assume it is all good otherwise i would not have been approved myself!

Thank you both again for your help and advise! :)

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
As you have a valid OWP, if you apply to renew it before it expires (I would recommend to do it few weeks before it expires), you will then go on implied status until CIC makes a decision on the renewal of your OWP. That status would allow you to continue working. If you let your OWP permit expire, you then have to stop working until you get PR or a new work permit.

Regarding the correction, I don't know if you would face any issues if you stay in Canada. But if you go outside Canada and the passport number on the OWP does not match the passport number you currently have... there might be an issue to let you in. To ask for the correction does not implicate any fees for you, so I would recommend asking for the correction just to stay on the safe side.
Hi sylvain1,

CIC has refused to correct my work permit.

They stated in their email

"The documents completed for your admission to Canada as a temporary resident were issued based on the information you provided at the time of your application you provided. The information on your temporary resident document must match that on your passport, or on the documents that you provided as part of your application. The decision made on your application was based on all the information provided. As a result, it is our practice to only correct any minor biodata typographical/ editorial error(s) in information that were recorded by an Immigration Officer when processing an application or printing an immigration document. However major changes related for e.g. to changes in passport number, in your country of citizenship or birth, passport number, given/middle names and surnames after decision making on your initial application, in your employment situation including switching cities or changing positions [promotions or demotions], employer’s name, most of the conditions and/or remarks, permit validity and/or exit "

So I will wait until a month before it expires to apply for renewal or extension. I hope something good happens in the meantime.

Thanks for all the help in this forum...I wouldn't be able to submit my application and stay sane while waiting if it wasn't for you guys!!!

:)

abcdmud

Jan 23, 2017
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2017
Doc's Request.
Apr 3, 2017
AOR Received.
Mar 5, 2017
Med's Request
Jun 14, 2017
Med's Done....
Passed Jun 29, 2017
Interview........
Mar 5, 2018
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2018
As you have a valid OWP, if you apply to renew it before it expires (I would recommend to do it few weeks before it expires), you will then go on implied status until CIC makes a decision on the renewal of your OWP. That status would allow you to continue working. If you let your OWP permit expire, you then have to stop working until you get PR or a new work permit.

Regarding the correction, I don't know if you would face any issues if you stay in Canada. But if you go outside Canada and the passport number on the OWP does not match the passport number you currently have... there might be an issue to let you in. To ask for the correction does not implicate any fees for you, so I would recommend asking for the correction just to stay on the safe side.
Hi sylvain1,

CIC has refused to correct my work permit.

They stated in their email

"The documents completed for your admission to Canada as a temporary resident were issued based on the information you provided at the time of your application you provided. The information on your temporary resident document must match that on your passport, or on the documents that you provided as part of your application. The decision made on your application was based on all the information provided. As a result, it is our practice to only correct any minor biodata typographical/ editorial error(s) in information that were recorded by an Immigration Officer when processing an application or printing an immigration document. However major changes related for e.g. to changes in passport number, in your country of citizenship or birth, passport number, given/middle names and surnames after decision making on your initial application, in your employment situation including switching cities or changing positions [promotions or demotions], employer’s name, most of the conditions and/or remarks, permit validity and/or exit "

So I will wait until a month before it expires to apply for renewal or extension. I hope something good happens in the meantime.

Thanks for all the help in this forum...I wo

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Sylvain1 and Profiler

Thank you again for the responses!!! My CIC account still says "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" for Review of Eligibility which is a bit confusing but I do have the letter to say i passed.

I checked my ECAS and my boyfriends after you mentioned it Profiler but unfortunately it must not have been updated because it doesnt say anything about him being approved yet. But I will take you advise and be safe to assume it is all good otherwise i would not have been approved myself!

Thank you both again for your help and advise! :)
AIP means you are eligible to apply. It means you have been assessed, and they have found that you are a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class. You cannot be a member without a sponsor that you are living with :).

Sounds like CIC needs more computers :).

Reactions: bex0987

sidhubi

Jan 24, 2017
Hi all

2 weeks passed after decision made and still no letter for landing. Submitted file in mississauga. Any time frame for interview letters.

Thanks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi all

2 weeks passed after decision made and still no letter for landing. Submitted file in mississauga. Any time frame for interview letters.

Thanks,
They are sent by the landing office. This is decided based on postal code. So, because of that, it will be highly variable. Which landing office is closest to you?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016