+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

krouss

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
I didn't apply yet, if everything goes well, should apply by the beginning of july. We wanted him to visit in August but well, I don't know how long it takes before they send a notice to send either police record or medical checks. Does it takes several months or it's the first thing that come? We don't want him to get here and have to go back 2 weeks later..
Or is there anyway he could do it before without their notice? I read that now with the new process you have to wait until they tell you to do so..

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Or is there anyway he could do it before without their notice? I read that now with the new process you have to wait until they tell you to do so..
No he needs the IMM 1017 (which is the form they send for medical request) in order to be able to complete it.

Usually it's sent in a few months. But there are panel physicians in virtually every country. So if you are applying Outland, he could do the medical outside.

I am curious: why Outland? The time now is identical for either...and inland he stays in Canada until processing is finished. And he can work after a couple months...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
guys do you have any idea what are the question on Landing interview? how long it will take? me and my sponsor will have the interview? thank you!
As @sylvain1 said, pretty simple questions. They also ask if you've been denied entry anywhere.

The questions are variable, and are only a final verification if your case details are what they found out. Not supposed to be a test :).

My wife started laughing when they started asking. I had already told her what they'd ask, and when they started asking the same, it made her laugh..

Reactions: botengcoke

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Dears friends
Yesterday I received email from cic about my spousal sponsorship application.They requested me medical exam and copy of valid passport.

I'm refugee claims since 2012 when I arrived to port Erie borders (Canada border)the officer took my passport and now passport already expired
So to make new passport I need my old passport
Does anyone knows how can I get my passport from the borders

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Dears friends
Yesterday I received email from cic about my spousal sponsorship application.They requested me medical exam and copy of valid passport.

I'm refugee claims since 2012 when I arrived to port Erie borders (Canada border)the officer took my passport and now passport already expired
So to make new passport I need my old passport
Does anyone knows how can I get my passport from the borders

Thank you
Are you certain you can't get a passport without the old one?

You can call CIC to explain that CBSA has your old passport, which is required to get a new one. 888-242-2100.

Otherwise, you may have to write a letter...

Fatih123

Star Member
Jun 3, 2017
Are you certain you can't get a passport without the old one?

You can call CIC to explain that CBSA has your old passport, which is required to get a new one. 888-242-2100.

Otherwise, you may have to write a letter...
Thank you for responding me
Yes I'm sure because I called embassy they told me you have to bring with you old passport
Yesterday I called the one you gave me that number officer gave me address the holding my passport and the officer told me write down a letter and make copy of your old passport and the email you received from the cic yesterday send them but I'm not sure they will send me my passport or not

Aimor27

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
Doc's Request.
Included PCC in application package ; requested Schedule A dated June 9,2017
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
I'm so worried right now, i noticed my work history i made a typo error with the year. It supposed to be 2016, i encoded 2014, so there is a 2 yrs gap. Do i need to just wait until the cic found out and explained that it is a type error? Anybody experienced this but doesnt caused any conflict? Please help what should i do? Do i need to let them know before the officer notice it?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for responding me
Yes I'm sure because I called embassy they told me you have to bring with you old passport
Yesterday I called the one you gave me that number officer gave me address the holding my passport and the officer told me write down a letter and make copy of your old passport and the email you received from the cic yesterday send them but I'm not sure they will send me my passport or not
If you show a letter from CIC, they should. You can also contact an MP to get help with that.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I'm so worried right now, i noticed my work history i made a typo error with the year. It supposed to be 2016, i encoded 2014, so there is a 2 yrs gap. Do i need to just wait until the cic found out and explained that it is a type error? Anybody experienced this but doesnt caused any conflict? Please help what should i do? Do i need to let them know before the officer notice it?
Just redo the form and submit by IRCC webform. Explain that you noticed an error.

Tyara

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Calgary
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017. Med's passed 13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-06-2017
LANDED..........
29-06-2017
I just checked my ECAS and on sponsorship side and applicant side is "Decision made" :) But I didn't get any email....and I checked MyCIC and nothing changed there, they are still reviewing my eligibility....Maybe next week I'll get something in email?

Aimor27

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
Just redo the form and submit by IRCC webform. Explain that you noticed an error.
Thank you so much profiler. Kinda relieved a bit. How about in between of that 2 years i am in Maternity Leave for 7 months but still employed on the same employer and i returned back to work after 5 months, do i need to itemized that or just make it one employer? Appreciate your reply.

Aimor27

Jun 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-05-2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
Thank you so much profiler. Kinda relieved a bit. How about in between of that 2 years i am in Maternity Leave for 7 months but still employed on the same employer and i returned back to work after 7 months, do i need to itemized that or just make it one employer? Appreciate your reply.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I just checked my ECAS and on sponsorship side and applicant side is "Decision made" :) But I didn't get any email....and I checked MyCIC and nothing changed there, they are still reviewing my eligibility....Maybe next week I'll get something in email?
Congrats! A simple pdf, then a landing interview request

Reactions: Tyara

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you so much profiler. Kinda relieved a bit. How about in between of that 2 years i am in Maternity Leave for 7 months but still employed on the same employer and i returned back to work after 5 months, do i need to itemized that or just make it one employer? Appreciate your reply.
Just note it in your employment history that you were on maternity leave. Obviously it's no real issue.

Submitting an updated form is common...