choyibear

Mar 17, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Inland
Hi everyone,

My current status is a visitor. I submitted my spousal open work permit (SOWP) in December, it's been almost 4 months and I saw some people submitted around the same time got their wp already. So today I called cic, and was told that I would only get my wp after sponsor approval which takes about 4 months. I was really surprised as most people seem to get sponsor approval way over 4 months, and a lot of applicants get wp before sponsor approval.
So for everyone that have got there SOWP, did you get sponsor approval around the time of you got work permit?
I found that CIC agents are not helpful at all. The responses I got could be very different depending on the agent, and they never look into my specific case. It is very frustrating as I had to turn down a job offer a few months ago, and this time I got another offer and might have to turn it down again. I have no complains for the last one but this one is really cutting close. I would hate to see my work permit arrive right after I say NO to the offer or right before my supposed commencement date.
Sorry for my rant but this process is driving me crazy.

Good luck with your applications.
Thanks!

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
choyibear said:
Hi everyone,

My current status is a visitor. I submitted my spousal open work permit (SOWP) in December, it's been almost 4 months and I saw some people submitted around the same time got their wp already. So today I called cic, and was told that I would only get my wp after sponsor approval which takes about 4 months. I was really surprised as most people seem to get sponsor approval way over 4 months, and a lot of applicants get wp before sponsor approval.
So for everyone that have got there SOWP, did you get sponsor approval around the time of you got work permit?
I found that CIC agents are not helpful at all. The responses I got could be very different depending on the agent, and they never look into my specific case. It is very frustrating as I had to turn down a job offer a few months ago, and this time I got another offer and might have to turn it down again. I have no complains for the last one but this one is really cutting close. I would hate to see my work permit arrive right after I say NO to the offer or right before my supposed commencement date.
Sorry for my rant but this process is driving me crazy.

Good luck with your applications.
Thanks!
i got my wp approved on exactly 4 months. but no SA or AIP yet. your application was submitted on last Dec then hopefully you will get approval for your wp on April

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I used to not feel OLD,, until I hired that Law firm, now I have no hair left on my head lol

So hopefully for now 1 last question.. Seeing CIC just got our stuff in the mail on the 3rd of March.. ..

I am guessing that My idiot Lawyer has most likely not heard anything from CIC yet.. I just don't want to go past any dead-lines to upload anything such as the IM5669, They will have to wait on my Police check.. the FBI web site is saying 15 weeks to get request done and mailed back,, I mailed my request for fingerprint record check back in Feb.. We cant afford to have to re-file my applications and pay all those fees again ....

profiler said:
The forum can help you with this paperwork, and yes we were talking about you, the young man. I have to be nice to my elders -- my annual age reminder is tomorrow. ;)

Trump's attack on the Supreme Court Judges "So called Judges". Even made it to SNL!

choyibear

Mar 17, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Inland
nataliengan said:
i got my wp approved on exactly 4 months. but no SA or AIP yet. your application was submitted on last Dec then hopefully you will get approval for your wp on April
Thanks nataliengan!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
I used to not feel OLD,, until I hired that Law firm, now I have no hair left on my head lol

So hopefully for now 1 last question.. Seeing CIC just got our stuff in the mail on the 3rd of March.. ..

I am guessing that My idiot Lawyer has most likely not heard anything from CIC yet.. I just don't want to go past any dead-lines to upload anything such as the IM5669, They will have to wait on my Police check.. the FBI web site is saying 15 weeks to get request done and mailed back,, I mailed my request for fingerprint record check back in Feb.. We cant afford to have to re-file my applications and pay all those fees again ....
Probably not. CIC might get to it in the next week or two...

You don't lose the money for the PR application... Unless you've gone well down the road and you decide to not live in Canada. You do know there is two tools that you can check your status on -- myCIC is what your lawyer's office has access to. ECAS is also available (and seems to be more useful as of late). See: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas .

You'll need AOR (where CIC acknowledges the receipt of your application), where they will give you a file number that starts with F and is 10 characters long. Like: F000xxxxxx. Then you can find your application in ECAS. Tip: Use the sponsor's details to see the whole application....

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I have used the eCAS site, when I sign into That page it shows our currant address and a box that says ""Permanent Residence Application Status"" with a hyperlink that says "Application Received" 1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 3, 2017.

So I think your saying that I will see any updates thru this eCas site, do they post request for any more applications or forms CIC might want thru the eCAS web page ??

I guess we got that letteryou speak of last Sunday in my Wifes email saying they that they "Confirm that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received"..
NOW I KNOW WHAT THE AOR is,, lol

I don't think I'LL never want to Live anywhere else BUT in Canada. I Love this Country Most of the people are very nice and polite.it is expensive but you adjust Don't egt me wrong. I Love my America,, I went to war for America and my family is there, but Canada is addictive and family can come visit as long as TRUMP don't build a wall in the north lol lol
If my wife hadn't wanted to Move to Florida after we got married We would have done this years ago and not her Immigrating to the US

profiler said:
Probably not. CIC might get to it in the next week or two...

You don't lose the money for the PR application... Unless you've gone well down the road and you decide to not live in Canada. You do know there is two tools that you can check your status on -- myCIC is what your lawyer's office has access to. ECAS is also available (and seems to be more useful as of late). See: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas .

You'll need AOR (where CIC acknowledges the receipt of your application), where they will give you a file number that starts with F and is 10 characters long. Like: F000xxxxxx. Then you can find your application in ECAS. Tip: Use the sponsor's details to see the whole application....

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
xkevinx said:
Does anyone know what is happening with the OWPs of people who submitted applications between late October and the end of November 2016? There seems to be a massive gap on the spreadsheet where people have not added in that they have received their OWP.

In my personal situation, I was told on March 7th when speaking to an IRCC rep that in the system IRCC could see I had been approved for the work permit and would likely receive it within three weeks. The status of the OWP was set to generate/draft, meaning they just needed to create the physical document before I would get notified by CIC that it was being mailed to me.

My last work permit expired on March 8th and I haven't been able to work since then. This was particularly worrying because my son was due to be born at the start of April, but he popped out a few weeks early!

Does anyone in a similar situation have any insights into what might be going on?
Hey,
I applied on Nov 16, 2016 and still waiting for my wife's OWP. :( Its very frustrating, but a long wait. MyCIC says my application is in progress for a very long time, but i guess those are default statements. I believe most of the November folks are still in dark for their OWP. When did you apply ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
I have used the eCAS site, when I sign into That page it shows our currant address and a box that says ""Permanent Residence Application Status"" with a hyperlink that says "Application Received" 1.We received your application for permanent residence on March 3, 2017.

So I think your saying that I will see any updates thru this eCas site, do they post request for any more applications or forms CIC might want thru the eCAS web page ??

I guess we got that letteryou speak of last Sunday in my Wifes email saying they that they "Confirm that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received"..
NOW I KNOW WHAT THE AOR is,, lol

I don't think I'LL never want to Live anywhere else BUT in Canada. I Love this Country Most of the people are very nice and polite.it is expensive but you adjust Don't egt me wrong. I Love my America,, I went to war for America and my family is there, but Canada is addictive and family can come visit as long as TRUMP don't build a wall in the north lol lol
If my wife hadn't wanted to Move to Florida after we got married We would have done this years ago and not her Immigrating to the US
You got the Maple Fever...

AOR is the letter you got. No you won't see document requests from there, that's definitely myCIC. This is where the lawyer might need to go away -- if you're worried about missing dates.

You can also start on the paperwork, and we can help you. So it's ready for when they ask....

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
xkevinx said:
Does anyone know what is happening with the OWPs of people who submitted applications between late October and the end of November 2016? There seems to be a massive gap on the spreadsheet where people have not added in that they have received their OWP.

In my personal situation, I was told on March 7th when speaking to an IRCC rep that in the system IRCC could see I had been approved for the work permit and would likely receive it within three weeks. The status of the OWP was set to generate/draft, meaning they just needed to create the physical document before I would get notified by CIC that it was being mailed to me.

My last work permit expired on March 8th and I haven't been able to work since then. This was particularly worrying because my son was due to be born at the start of April, but he popped out a few weeks early!

Does anyone in a similar situation have any insights into what might be going on?
Congratulations, you are father now :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
xkevinx said:

You might want to call them? When you reach 4 months, they are supposed to try to help you find out what's going on. Explain your situation, and I think they might help out.

Congrats on being a dad... how many do you have?

Delbas

Mar 25, 2017
browning911 said:
Congrats Delbas!! Next step landing appointment......
Thanks Browning911.
Is it normal to not receive the DM email? I called CIC today and the agent that I spoke to did not really answer my question.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
lol I Love Maple syrup over spice cake lolol

Before I found out that I cant Link applications Some person told me to make 2 accounts thru the GCkey thing.. I made 2 accounts My wife's and one for me. might as well delete the account for my wife . On those pages is a blue Link to LINK A APPLICATION,, and then some other stuff on it. I did ask a question on that "technical issue link" That is near the top of this account page, about Linking a application and hit send.. the next day when I go back to that account page That question I asked shows down near the messages part of that account page.. I don't think they answered my question. Because I cant click on it to see what it says It just shows the question in the boxes and tells me I have 1 message... So is this page your speaking about?

I made a link thru Dropbox to share a screen shot of that page for another person if you want to see what I am talking about I can post it.. It has all my personal info blacked out ,,

CIC needs a Phone in Help center.. to do that IMM5669 form I think ill need a voice talking me thru it, I have started on it just didn't get very far into it,, I am already stumped at the Education section, told ya I'm old and hard headed lol

profiler said:
You got the Maple Fever...

AOR is the letter you got. No you won't see document requests from there, that's definitely myCIC. This is where the lawyer might need to go away -- if you're worried about missing dates.

You can also start on the paperwork, and we can help you. So it's ready for when they ask....

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
WOLFHAWK said:
lol I Love Maple syrup over spice cake lolol

Before I found out that I cant Link applications Some person told me to make 2 accounts thru the GCkey thing.. I made 2 accounts My wife's and one for me. might as well delete the account for my wife . On those pages is a blue Link to LINK A APPLICATION,, and then some other stuff on it. I did ask a question on that "technical issue link" That is near the top of this account page, about Linking a application and hit send.. the next day when I go back to that account page That question I asked shows down near the messages part of that account page.. I don't think they answered my question. Because I cant click on it to see what it says It just shows the question in the boxes and tells me I have 1 message... So is this page your speaking about?

I made a link thru Dropbox to share a screen shot of that page for another person if you want to see what I am talking about I can post it.. It has all my personal info blacked out ,,

CIC needs a Phone in Help center.. to do that IMM5669 form I think ill need a voice talking me thru it, I have started on it just didn't get very far into it,, I am already stumped at the Education section, told ya I'm old and hard headed lol
Just imagine, most of the people in this thread had the old "more difficult" application. Many didn't use lawyers. You can get there. What stumps you on Education?

CIC only has the one call centre that you can call. Service is mediocre at best.

Yes myCIC is where you see the messages section... we find it next to useless. The missus did get her medical request there, though...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@Profiler tommrrow after at 2:30pm we are seeing our lawyer to send our proof of relationship for cic to continue to work on Mr.Carol permanent residence application and pay the rrpf. we got everything ready to rock

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I have heard allot of complaints about the new process and about the older one as well.. I was hoping to get to work soon to help out my wife and we have to get our stuff up here from storage.. I Hate to see how much duty and tax is on that.. It seems everyone has a very long wait to get there OWP..

Is there away to send private messages on here,, Ill open up that IMM5669 tomorrow and see if I can explain what has us stumped in the Education part

My Wife wanted me to ask you so we are clear on this.. I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DOES THE IMM5669 CORRECT?? She does not do it ?

profiler said:
Just imagine, most of the people in this thread had the old "more difficult" application. Many didn't use lawyers. You can get there. What stumps you on Education?

CIC only has the one call centre that you can call. Service is mediocre at best.

Yes myCIC is where you see the messages section... we find it next to useless. The missus did get her medical request there, though...