+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Benlie

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Hi everyone , just wonder when they do assess my sponsor egibility , do they check how much taxes we pay? I just got email frommCRA today that they reassessed my income tax returen and my sponsor as well. Does it mean they are checking my sponosr tax and see problem and concern to CRA? Bad new is we have to pay more taxes than we expect

im_anil

Apr 3, 2014
Hey
My wife came on Visitor Visa valid till 2026, and in July we filed her inland PR together with OWP.
She received her OWP ,now in case she wants to travel out of Canada , can she return on her visitor visa , or does she need to apply for a TRV?

Thanks!

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Benlie said:
Hi everyone , just wonder when they do assess my sponsor egibility , do they check how much taxes we pay? I just got email frommCRA today that they reassessed my income tax returen and my sponsor as well. Does it mean they are checking my sponosr tax and see problem and concern to CRA? Bad new is we have to pay more taxes than we expect
CIC wouldn't tell CRA to initiate a reassessment. They don't need to contact CRA, the information is contained on the Option C printout that your sponsor supplied with the application.

CIC just cares that the sponsor is not receiving social assistance (welfare). There is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring a spouse.
CRA is doing its own reassessment based on what you reported as income, so either you claimed some things that were not allowed or they are asking you to supply evidence for the claim, such a receipts. This is normal.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
RAHASH11 said:
Sorry i am
Not familiar with all the terms. What is BG?
BG is Background

mohsen.k

Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

I applied to sponsor my wife. Our application was sent in May 2016 and we got AORs to me and my wife saying it was received June 10th.
The application status system just says In Progress. Following the advice here, I linked the application to MyCIC and there it says:

Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Not Started
Review of medical results - Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents - this one is blank
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - In Progress
Final decision - Not Started

Is it normal that bg check is in progress but everything else not even started? Should we go ahead and do the medical and send it in?
Also, is it normal for Review of submitted documents to be blank?

Thank you for your help!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mohsen.k said:
Hello everyone,

I applied to sponsor my wife. Our application was sent in May 2016 and we got AORs to me and my wife saying it was received June 10th.
The application status system just says In Progress. Following the advice here, I linked the application to MyCIC and there it says:

Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Not Started
Review of medical results - Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents - this one is blank
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - In Progress
Final decision - Not Started

Is it normal that bg check is in progress but everything else not even started? Should we go ahead and do the medical and send it in?
Also, is it normal for Review of submitted documents to be blank?

Thank you for your help!
Did you submit any documents through myCIC? If not, that should be blank (there is nothing to review?)
Yes lots of us have the same configuration. Medical is your choice...

mohsen.k

Nov 10, 2016
profiler said:
Did you submit any documents through myCIC? If not, that should be blank (there is nothing to review?)
Yes lots of us have the same configuration. Medical is your choice...
Thank you for the quick reply. No we only sent the initial paper package with all documents.
I guess we just need to wait then.

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the OWP.

I sponsored my wife in July and sent the OWP file along with the PR file. It reached cic on 28th July 2016.

We also received the AOR in August for the PR application. However, we did not receive anything regarding the OWP file.

Is there any way i can get more information on that? I mean can i anyway link the OWP file to my cic account?

Any information regarding this will be helpful. Thanks.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
mohsen.k said:
Thank you for the quick reply. No we only sent the initial paper package with all documents.
I guess we just need to wait then.

Yup you're not alone in 2016!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
gaganpal_2007 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding the OWP.

I sponsored my wife in July and sent the OWP file along with the PR file. It reached cic on 28th July 2016.

We also received the AOR in August for the PR application. However, we did not receive anything regarding the OWP file.

Is there any way i can get more information on that? I mean can i anyway link the OWP file to my cic account?

Any information regarding this will be helpful. Thanks.
OWP is elusive and secretive. August + 4 mos means January sometime.

Others have had success linking to their OWP in myCIC. We just found my wifes in the mailbox...

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
profiler said:
OWP is elusive and secretive. August + 4 mos means January sometime.

Others have had success linking to their OWP in myCIC. We just found my wifes in the mailbox...
So u mean no email? Just directly OWP in the mail? Wow

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
gaganpal_2007 said:
So u mean no email? Just directly OWP in the mail? Wow
Literally nothing. Like a magic beanstalk, it sprouted from the mailbox June 27.

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi Guys , I sent in my PR appplication for inland sponsorship on 09/27/16 , My wife receive AOR on 11/02/16 stating they received her app on 09/30/16, I recieved another AOR today in my name.I am just wondering whats the next step , IS IT my wife getting an SA? and how long is the usual timeline for that . And also i applied for my OWP as well, should i expect that 4months from the date they received my application or is it the date that they actually sent out AOR1. Hope someone can help. THanks.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
RaviJ said:
Hi Guys , I sent in my PR appplication for inland sponsorship on 09/27/16 , My wife receive AOR on 11/02/16 stating they received her app on 09/30/16, I recieved another AOR today in my name.I am just wondering whats the next step , IS IT my wife getting an SA? and how long is the usual timeline for that . And also i applied for my OWP as well, should i expect that 4months from the date they received my application or is it the date that they actually sent out AOR1. Hope someone can help. THanks.
OWP is 4 months from the day they receive it. These days it looks like it comes in just under the 4 month mark.