Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I applied on 29 April'16. Haven't got any email about my OWP? Any April'16 applicants here? Any update?

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
logistics26 said:
Timeline update:

App. Received Feb 2nd.

AOR March 21st

OWP May 18

Medical submitted July 15

Call in notice to finalize PR August 11
Great news, this is how I hope my timeline goes as well. Straight to landing? So no SA or AIP? What did your myCIC status say (if you linked the application)

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
logistics26 said:
Timeline update:

App. Received Feb 2nd.

AOR March 21st

OWP May 18

Medical submitted July 15

Call in notice to finalize PR August 11
congrats!!

it is encouraging to see 2016 applications finalized!!
where are you from ?

pls update the spreadsheet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
10-08-16 Background check started 29-07-16
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
Hi, I recently posted about CIC changing the requirements for PCC regarding validity.

Some of us have received requests for another PCC, while this was confusing we all thought it was CIC being incompetent, (I certainly did), that was until a Facebook group I am a member of posted the following letter one of them received AFTER the 60 day window, I have typed it into here word for word. :-

We verified the information you provided. IRCC use Police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help visa officers make sure you are not a security risk to Canada. It is mandatory to provide these documents in order for your application to be processed.

If you already submitted a police certificate when you applied and you received a second request, please verify that the police certificate was issued no more than six months before you applied.

If you are certain the certificate you previously provided met the requirements, please send an explanation letter to clarify your situation.

If your certificate was issued more than six months before you applied, you must obtain a new police certificate according to the instructions available on our website and send it to the address below.

Your Police Certificate or explanation letter must be sent by mail to:

Case Processing Centre- Vegreville
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada
6212-55 Avenue Unit 909
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W7

For more details regarding IRCC Police Certificates requirements..blah bah blah

I know for a fact my certificate was outside this date range, and am applying for another certificate tomorrow while I can still get it at normal prices and not need it expedited and pay a premium for it to ensure it is here within the 60 days given.

Obviously everyone is free to do their own thing, but as I posted the original information, I felt I had a duty to post this information and let everyone make their own decisions.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
Hi, I recently posted about CIC changing the requirements for PCC regarding validity.

Some of us have received requests for another PCC, while this was confusing we all thought it was CIC being incompetent, (I certainly did), that was until a Facebook group I am a member of posted the following letter one of them received AFTER the 60 day window, I have typed it into here word for word. :-

We verified the information you provided. IRCC use Police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help visa officers make sure you are not a security risk to Canada. It is mandatory to provide these documents in order for your application to be processed.

If you already submitted a police certificate when you applied and you received a second request, please verify that the police certificate was issued no more than six months before you applied.

If you are certain the certificate you previously provided met the requirements, please send an explanation letter to clarify your situation.

If your certificate was issued more than six months before you applied, you must obtain a new police certificate according to the instructions available on our website and send it to the address below.

Canada
6212-55 Avenue Unit 909
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W7

I know for a fact my certificate was outside this date range, and am applying for another certificate tomorrow while I can still get it at normal prices and not need it expedited and pay a premium for it to ensure it is here within the 60 days given.

Obviously everyone is free to do their own thing, but as I posted the original information, I felt I had a duty to post this information and let everyone make their own decisions.

My PCC was Issued January 26, 2016 and my First AOR received first week of June stating that they received my Inland application on May 16, 2016. Second PCC request via email received August 10, 2016.

It's Already 3 months and 21 days from the time of issue when they received my PCC together with my inland application and 6 months and 16 days from the time of issue for the second PCC request.

What do you think Canad1anAl1en?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
pedropil said:
My PCC was Issued January 26, 2016 and my First AOR received first week of June stating that they received my Inland application on May 16, 2016. Second PCC request via email received August 10, 2016.

It's Already 4 months from the time of issue when they received my PCC,and 7 months from the time of issue for the second PCC request.

What do you think Canad1anAl1en?
I've honestly reached the point im doubting everything....but going on the above letter..as long as the PCC is not 6 months old at time of application, they will accept it....the reason I'm taking my action is I KNOW mine was at least 9 months old at application. So they want a new one, they get a new one, and if...and it's a big if now in my eyes, the old one was fine...then I can live with the additional cost.

In answer to the private message, my understanding is the affected persons (two in the group have now got the same letter) initially got the requests round about the beginning of June? They did not specify the exact timeframe.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
I've honestly reached the point im doubting everything....but going on the above letter..as long as the PCC is not 6 months old at time of application, they will accept it....the reason I'm taking my action is I KNOW mine was at least 9 months old at application. So they want a new one, they get a new one, and if...and it's a big if now in my eyes, the old one was fine...then I can live with the additional cost.

In answer to the private message, my understanding is the affected persons initially got the requests round about the beginning of June? They did not specify the exact timeframe.
I was kind a confused. What do you mean at the time of application? the day they received your inland application that stated in your AOR?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
pedropil said:
I was kind a confused. What do you mean at the time of application? the day they received your inland application that stated in your AOR?
They received your application 4 months from the date of issue of the PCC...anything up to 6 months is fine...going on that letter.

They should have sent something like the above letter out in the first place, rather than the world class double talk we all got.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:
They received your application 4 months from the date of issue of the PCC...anything up to 6 months is fine...going on that letter.
based on that letter that you posted, It's totally different meaning on the email that i received for the second PCC request. CIC stated that they have no record of my PCC on their file. what about yours?

Canad1anAl1en

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (Inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
23-06-16/ AOR 2 29-06-16
Med's Done....
22-07-16/PASSED
pedro...I candidly have no idea, not so much as even a clue, the original request was such double talk mumbo jumbo even the CIC helpline got it wrong, they told me the request was just a reminder to those that had not supplied documents.....I'm personally putting in for a new PCC, as I stated each must make their own decisions, I know I can get it in time, and at least if I submit a totally NEW PCC, then I know I'm safe. The only good thing is if the letter above was received AFTER the 60 days, going on the text, they are still holding the application until they respond.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
I was the one who received that email about the police checks. Note that this is not anything new. When I applied (in Dec 2015) the guide said "The certificate must have been issued no more than three (3) months prior to submitting your application". Earlier this year the modified the rule and it now states 6 months. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp)

When many people received the police check request over the past two months, some were sent by mistake. Some applicants called and found that they were okay. I believe it had to do the backlog reduction plan...it was a mass-email, so I'm sure some of us were selected to get the email by mistake. Several CIC phone agents told applicants to send a copy of the police check along with a letter stating it was already mailed with their application.

I received the request back in June saying that they did not have my police check....but my GCMS notes show it was received, so I know they had it. And, my police check was issued 2 weeks after I applied and I sent it when I got it, so I know it was valid. So I know my letter was by mistake. I did upload a copy via case specific enquiry and then mailed it and letter direct to Vegreville shortly after as well.

polarvolcano

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Canad1anAl1en said:
pedro...I candidly have no idea, not so much as even a clue, the original request was such double talk mumbo jumbo even the CIC helpline got it wrong, they told me the request was just a reminder to those that had not supplied documents.....I'm personally putting in for a new PCC, as I stated each must make their own decisions, I know I can get it in time, and at least if I submit a totally NEW PCC, then I know I'm safe. The only good thing is if the letter above was received AFTER the 60 days, going on the text, they are still holding the application until they respond.
Unfortunate letter you dug up there my friend and thanks for posting it here. I still think Vegreville didn't get the memo on PCC validity.
"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."
Mine was older than 6 months as well and I'm just going to wait it out and see as I am pretty sure I am following the rules. 60 days is already up for me and I haven't heard anything other than their response saying they got my letter of explanation + PCC copy. That letter they sent sounded affirmative but as with all this communication it didn't explicitly say one way or the other.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:

Canada
6212-55 Avenue Unit 909
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W7

Ours wasn't though. We applied already anyway. Let's see how long it takes for the Ruskies to send one over seas -- takes a month if you apply in person (not through a foreign embassy).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Canad1anAl1en said:

In answer to the private message, my understanding is the affected persons (two in the group have now got the same letter) initially got the requests round about the beginning of June? They did not specify the exact timeframe.
My PCC came August 10th.

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
hi everyone, here`s something confusing to me about police certificates.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

this is what it says on CIC website.

So I`m assuming I`m good according to this statement. The thing is my Romanian PCC I submitted is more than 1 year old (issued after I left Romania) and I have no ways to get it again if they ask. I have nobody in Romania and the Romanian embassy in Ottawa does not provide one. I was living there with my ex-wife but that`s past and since I left that country I have never been there anymore. I really hope they won`t ask for it again. Otherwise I don`t know what to do. Any idea?