05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Potentially good news!!

The date in the automated message "if your application was received after __, it has not been processed" updated today from Monday, November 21, 2016, to Monday, April 3, 2017. Hoping that means they are slowly moving forward!

Reactions: JB0405

heylucas

Apr 3, 2018
They received my application on november 21, 2016..

got this email today:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX This refers to the Application for an Open Work Permit and the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. The total required fees of $255.00 were not provided with your application. In order to avoid further delay in the processing of your Open Work Permit application and risk that you fall out of status, the required Work Permit fees have been recovered from the Right of Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF) you have submitted with your Application for Permanent Residence. As partial RPRF fees cannot be applied to your file, you will be receiving a refund of the balance in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Please note that this will not affect the processing of your application. In light of the above, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is outstanding. Should your Application for Permanent Residence be successful, the IRCC office responsible for your landing interview will provide you with the instructions to the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490). You must follow these instructions and pay the required fees before permanent residence can be granted to you. DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT FOR YOUR OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION ($255.00). As indicated above, these fees have already been recovered and should your Application for Permanent Residence be successful, you will be contacted at a later date for payment of any missing fees.

so, where am i at?

thanks <3

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
They received my application on november 21, 2016..

got this email today:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX This refers to the Application for an Open Work Permit and the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class. The total required fees of $255.00 were not provided with your application. In order to avoid further delay in the processing of your Open Work Permit application and risk that you fall out of status, the required Work Permit fees have been recovered from the Right of Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF) you have submitted with your Application for Permanent Residence. As partial RPRF fees cannot be applied to your file, you will be receiving a refund of the balance in approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Please note that this will not affect the processing of your application. In light of the above, the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is outstanding. Should your Application for Permanent Residence be successful, the IRCC office responsible for your landing interview will provide you with the instructions to the Right of Permanent Residence Fee ($490). You must follow these instructions and pay the required fees before permanent residence can be granted to you. DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT FOR YOUR OPEN WORK PERMIT APPLICATION ($255.00). As indicated above, these fees have already been recovered and should your Application for Permanent Residence be successful, you will be contacted at a later date for payment of any missing fees.

so, where am i at?

thanks <3
You made two applications. You were required to pay $1040 + $255 and underpaid. They took the cash from your RPRF.

Wait for them to advise you of the fee later, and pay that $490 (and let them refund you the 100ish (or whatever it is) left over).

heylucas

Apr 3, 2018
You made two applications. You were required to pay $1040 + $255 and underpaid. They took the cash from your RPRF.

Wait for them to advise you of the fee later, and pay that $490 (and let them refund you the 100ish (or whatever it is) left over).

thanks!

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Potentially good news!!

The date in the automated message "if your application was received after __, it has not been processed" updated today from Monday, November 21, 2016, to Monday, April 3, 2017. Hoping that means they are slowly moving forward!
Yes! it has changed to April, 2017 now. What does that mean? Have cleared most of their backlog and there are only a few 2016 applications left? My timeline is same as yours. We received the medical request in November and no update since then. I look forward to hear from them in the coming weeks.

Reactions: WOLFHAWK

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
From FLORIDA IN Ontario Ca
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
So wow, It took me 4 times to send 2 Documents on the IRCC webform and they finally accepted the last try. That time I attached way more info then they needed I thought lol.. Lesson Learned, always send far more then they ask for lol

Tipsywit63

Mar 27, 2018
Montréal
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
Med's Request
14-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Yes! it has changed to April, 2017 now. What does that mean? Have cleared most of their backlog and there are only a few 2016 applications left? My timeline is same as yours. We received the medical request in November and no update since then. I look forward to hear from them in the coming weeks.
I'm hoping that 21 November 2016 was the limit and they were not processing files after, and they just "opened up" all files between that date and 3 April 2017, which means over the next few months they will be making decisions on these files.

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
Hi, I’ve tried several times to log in with sponsor details, but it’s not working. I’ve tried both UCI and Application no. Not working. Any idea why? We’re using a representative. Could that be the issue why we can’t log in with the sponsor details.
Thanks
Took me many many times to finally get this,, just keep trying,, out problem was MY wife (my sponsor)Country of birth, I kept putting Scotland they had it as British.. once I got that I was in oh and they only would take my wife's last name, not her Married name.. Lots of folks have had different problems getting signed in,,, WE ALSO have a rep so no it didn't matter,, Good luck

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
where did you see april 2017 ? thanks

WOLFHAWK

Feb 8, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-MISS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
19-03-2017
I'm hoping that 21 November 2016 was the limit and they were not processing files after, and they just "opened up" all files between that date and 3 April 2017, which means over the next few months they will be making decisions on these files.
We applied in Feb 2017.. every thing including Sponsors side still shows in Process, Like you I am hoping this will now change soon, last agent I spoke with at CIC said they were still in Nov 2016,, that was about 4 weeks ago

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
When you call the IRCC helpdesk number (1-888-242-2100) and enter your Application Number. Before you get an option to talk to an agent, an automated message plays with the date of the application that they are currently processing. I have been calling them for a month and it kept saying 'November 21, 2016', today it changed to 'April 3, 2017'.

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
When you call the IRCC helpdesk number (1-888-242-2100) and enter your Application Number. Before you get an option to talk to an agent, an automated message plays with the date of the application that they are currently processing. I have been calling them for a month and it kept saying 'November 21, 2016', today it changed to 'April 3, 2017'.
Im AOR june 9th and since yesterday they changed the statut for my wife that I sponsor to we are processing her file
good luck everybody !!

Sagekobby

Star Member
Jun 25, 2017
Hello guys, @profiler can I send a copy of receipt for my work permit through the webform? I think I underpaid I paid155$ instead of 255$. Can I send the 100$ payments receipt by the webform?
Please advice me. Thank you

Last edited: