IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
security check they are not processing this one since the beginning of the application?
No. No one really seems to know when. It starts. But I believe it starts when CBSA looks at you for admissibility (stage 2). They need background completed in order to start.

Reactions: goteborg

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I applied for PR in Nov 2016. I passed the medical in Oct 2017. Now my work permit exp in May 2018. Since I work in a field where medical was always required for work permit, would I need to submit another medical for renewal of my work permit since it's showing I've passed the medical exam on my PR application? I called the call center and they could not even answer that question with confidence, put me on hold then came back and said,"I THINK you MAY....if it says you need then you need"She made it seem like the application process is personalized, when it's not, some questions and request don't alway pertain to everyone in the application process. I just hate when ppl play on words when you're looking for a 'yes' or 'no' answer. How many more x-rays must I undergo in this country again. My life/health will be shortened to none by the time I land. Student visa;X-ray, student work permit;X-ray; graduate work permit;X-ray, PR;X-ray. I haven't left this country in the eight yrs I've been here. If I have anything, must've got it right here in Canada.

In 39 years that I've lived in Canada, I've undergone many, many XRay/CT Scan/MRI procedures. Way, way, way more then they have asked you to complete. And I am still very much alive, and still have no problem bearing children... So I would say the risk of harm from radiation is reasonably low. Rest assured, the end is near, but it won't kill you

I assume that you require the medical because you are working with vulnerable population? What is your country of origin?

Without that, I suspect you may need a redo on the medical. There are some exemptions. But if it was required before... However, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=183&top=17

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
No. No one really seems to know when. It starts. But I believe it starts when CBSA looks at you for admissibility (stage 2). They need background completed in order to start.
yes youre maybe right i hope we are still on the way for the 12 months (june 9th 2017)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
yes youre maybe right i hope we are still on the way for the 12 months (june 9th 2017)
Me too. Only time will tell.

I do know there was a hiring blitz at all of Canada's intelligence agencies in February. No doubt to assist in Canada's role in assisting USIC in their election fraud/conspiracy/counter-intelligence, and to counter Russia's attempts at swaying the provincial and upcoming federal votes. But also, to complete security clearances :).

Last edited:
Reactions: goteborg

Medieko

Jun 26, 2017
Hello profiler,
Its been a while ...how is it going on man?
I hope you don forget me but let me update you.
1. Applied oct 2016 and got sponsorship approval last month before my file transfered local office etopicoke for further assesement.
2. My refugee hearing have been take place 6 month ago and didnt get any decision so far just waiting for councel/judge's decision.
I request GCMS note last month to see the reason why they transfer my appn.
The agent remark he need info about my admisablity/ss check which i have been through admissablity hearing and i win but ddint attach the decision letter wz my application.
And he remark that i need intervew.
My question
1.Should i send my decison paper that i passed addmisablity or consult my MP?
2.what question could intervew include and how long does it take ?
Thanks inadvance.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hello profiler,
Its been a while ...how is it going on man?
I hope you don forget me but let me update you.
1. Applied oct 2016 and got sponsorship approval last month before my file transfered local office etopicoke for further assesement.
2. My refugee hearing have been take place 6 month ago and didnt get any decision so far just waiting for councel/judge's decision.
I request GCMS note last month to see the reason why they transfer my appn.
The agent remark he need info about my admisablity/ss check which i have been through admissablity hearing and i win but ddint attach the decision letter wz my application.
And he remark that i need intervew.
My question
1.Should i send my decison paper that i passed addmisablity or consult my MP?
2.what question could intervew include and how long does it take ?
Thanks inadvance.
It is going ok, thanks.

I will answer 2, then 1:

2/ depends why they requested an interview. If you've been truthful and genuine, you shouldn't worry. But I would need to see the actual notes to comment on why they requested an interview.

1/ nah. I would wait to see what they want the interview for. If they just wanted to see the decision, they could have asked.

If you would like me to review the notes to comment further, shoot me a PM.

satch

Mar 31, 2014
Immigration received our family sponsorship application Dec 2016. Medical exam was successful. Keeps saying they are working on my background check, no interview needed and no finger prints at this time. Any idea how much longer it could take? Daughter was born in Canada, husband is Canadian. We were originally told that they were trying to be done with the application by December 2017.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Immigration received our family sponsorship application Dec 2016. Medical exam was successful. Keeps saying they are working on my background check, no interview needed and no finger prints at this time. Any idea how much longer it could take? Daughter was born in Canada, husband is Canadian. We were originally told that they were trying to be done with the application by December 2017.
What does ECAS say? You are probably delayed due to security check...

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
@profiler I am a December 2016 Applicant. I sponsored my wife and she has an open work permit that expires in June. We did our medicals in November 2017 and we did not hear from IRCC since then. I am planning to apply for her OWP extension went through your post. It was really helpful. I have the below questions, can you please answer them for me?

IMM5710E - Application to Change Conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker.
Question 3: I am applying for one or more of the following
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. An Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c. Restoration of your status as a worker
d. Temporary Resident Permit
<What should I select for OWP extensions as she already have a work permit>

Do I have to completed and send them 'IMM 5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union' ?

Should I pay the Workpermit Holder fee for extensions?

Where should I mail the application to? Should I send it to the address that says 'Extensions' or 'Work permit for spouses and common-law partners' (but is the second one for initial work permit only)?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E7

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
A

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@profiler I am a December 2016 Applicant. I sponsored my wife and she has an open work permit that expires in June. We did our medicals in November 2017 and we did not hear from IRCC since then. I am planning to apply for her OWP extension went through your post. It was really helpful. I have the below questions, can you please answer them for me?

IMM5710E - Application to Change Conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker.
Question 3: I am applying for one or more of the following
a. A work permit with the same employer
b. An Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
c. Restoration of your status as a worker
d. Temporary Resident Permit
<What should I select for OWP extensions as she already have a work permit>

Do I have to completed and send them 'IMM 5409 - Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union' ?

Should I pay the Workpermit Holder fee for extensions?

Where should I mail the application to? Should I send it to the address that says 'Extensions' or 'Work permit for spouses and common-law partners' (but is the second one for initial work permit only)?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker.html#5553E7

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
A
As I said in the post. Apply for "an initial work permit" and they will look and find that you are applying to extend. No, you are married. Pay the holder fee, they will likely refund that...it's better to overpay and get a refund, then slip out of status.

It's the same physical office. But:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Reactions: JB0405

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

goteborg

Mar 6, 2018
do we have people in this thread that have AOR june 2017 like us ? just to knwo how many times they are waiting like us....

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
As I said in the post. Apply for "an initial work permit" and they will look and find that you are applying to extend. No, you are married. Pay the holder fee, they will likely refund that...it's better to overpay and get a refund, then slip out of status.

It's the same physical office. But:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6
Thank you @profiler . You are the best!

Reactions: profiler