+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I got this e-mail from my MP's assistant, We did the medicals in October 2016 so I am assuming they already extended it 2 months.

Hello Mahsa,

I spoke to Immigration for you, unfortunately it was a bit premature from my last inquiry, so I do not have very much new information to provide to you.

Immigration is still waiting for background information that they have requested of outside agencies (this is done on every file). They cannot move ahead until these are received.

The file is not considered out of status until December 15, 2017.

Medicals will expire on December 6, 2017. Immigration will make a decision after they receive the backgrounds if new medicals will be required or not.

I can do another inquiry after December 15, 2017 if you have not heard anything by then. Hopefully though you will hear sooner.

Regards,

Rae Bowie

rganesh

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Nov 2016
Hey Guys,
My wife landed yesterday at Etobicoke and just like everyone said, it took us about 10 mins to complete the whole process. SIN number was updated right away as well.
I want to thank everyone for their support and advice during the whole process.
For the folks who are waiting in the queue - Hold on tight there, you will get through this in no time.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey Guys,
My wife landed yesterday at Etobicoke and just like everyone said, it took us about 10 mins to complete the whole process. SIN number was updated right away as well.
I want to thank everyone for their support and advice during the application.
For the folks who are waiting in the queue - Hold on tight there, you will get through this in no time.
Congrats! Time to have a landing party!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I got this e-mail from my MP's assistant, We did the medicals in October 2016 so I am assuming they already extended it 2 months.

Hello Mahsa,

I spoke to Immigration for you, unfortunately it was a bit premature from my last inquiry, so I do not have very much new information to provide to you.

Immigration is still waiting for background information that they have requested of outside agencies (this is done on every file). They cannot move ahead until these are received.

The file is not considered out of status until December 15, 2017.

Medicals will expire on December 6, 2017. Immigration will make a decision after they receive the backgrounds if new medicals will be required or not.

I can do another inquiry after December 15, 2017 if you have not heard anything by then. Hopefully though you will hear sooner.

Regards,

Rae Bowie

Just takes time. Try not to get too worried about it...

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

VIRGIEWOOLF

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/1/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Successful
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Valid Passport pages Requested 07/11/2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
You will soon i never call or check anything i just wait on them#best way to do it
Reply we know Got to that point. Now I just come on here and feel so good wherever I see ppl get through. Love this forum❤

Reactions: amazingt

lilili1234

Nov 15, 2016
This forum is very very good and helpful. My application submitted on August, 2016. I am still waiting for my AIP...........:(

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hey Guys,
I want to thank everyone for their support and advice during the whole process.
congratulations!

Mex_eskimo

Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys,

My wife usually writes in the forum, but tonight i am so impatient to know if any one has any idea after i get my AIP how long roughly does it take to get the landing interview, my AIP came on friday 27 of October, if any one has any idea I will really appreciate your help. Thanks guys

mohsin148

Nov 1, 2017
Hi All

I have been following this forum closely for any help that I could get although I have applied through a lawyer.

This is my timeline

Application Sent: 2016/12/06

Application Received 2016/12/20

Started processing application on: 2016/12/20

Open work permit received 2017/03/10

Sponsorship application Status changed to decision made 2017/10/18

Permanent Residence Application status decision made 2017/10/31

But when I click on the Permanent residence application decision made I get the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 6, 2016.

2. We started processing your application on October 30, 2017. (This for permanent residence side although on Sponsorship side it said started processing application on December 20,2016)

3. Medical results have been received.

4. We sent you correspondence on October 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hoping someone could help me understand what last point 4 means? and have the decision been made or not. Getting worried more and more

Thanks

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
'We are pleased to advise you that your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled for: 8 November 2017 at 2 00 PM.'

Finally, we received the letter from IRCC today.

so happy.
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi All

I have been following this forum closely for any help that I could get although I have applied through a lawyer.

This is my timeline

Application Sent: 2016/12/06

Application Received 2016/12/20

Started processing application on: 2016/12/20

Open work permit received 2017/03/10

Sponsorship application Status changed to decision made 2017/10/18

Permanent Residence Application status decision made 2017/10/31

But when I click on the Permanent residence application decision made I get the following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 6, 2016.

2. We started processing your application on October 30, 2017. (This for permanent residence side although on Sponsorship side it said started processing application on December 20,2016)

3. Medical results have been received.

4. We sent you correspondence on October 30, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Hoping someone could help me understand what last point 4 means? and have the decision been made or not. Getting worried more and more

Thanks
Sounds like a glitch to me. That said, if you have a DM, and didn't get a procedural fairness letter before October 30, it probably means that someone made a mistake closing your file out. Very simple to resolve, call the call centre and ask for a status update, and explain that you have this message in ECAS that doesn't make sense. They can see your status, and advise you with specifics from your file.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys,

My wife usually writes in the forum, but tonight i am so impatient to know if any one has any idea after i get my AIP how long roughly does it take to get the landing interview, my AIP came on friday 27 of October, if any one has any idea I will really appreciate your help. Thanks guys
Could be hours to weeks. No point in getting impatient now. Sadly, you're in the stage that your file can be held up due to a Security Clearance (which involves external agencies, that CIC cannot influence or make them decide faster).

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hi guys,

I'm not sure if anyone could offer any concrete timeline. I have seen that for some people receive landing interview just in few days after AIP. For some it could take weeks or months. I got AIP in September, 2017. Till now no news. My medicals has expired already. All I can say is to patiently wait! It could be that you can get a landing interview tomorrow if your security and background check are done!! What is your timeline?

mohsin148

Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like a glitch to me. That said, if you have a DM, and didn't get a procedural fairness letter before October 30, it probably means that someone made a mistake closing your file out. Very simple to resolve, call the call centre and ask for a status update, and explain that you have this message in ECAS that doesn't make sense. They can see your status, and advise you with specifics from your file.
What is procedural fairness letter? Tried calling the call center it says high volumes of call and gets disconnected