+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hi; We are 16 june 2016 applicant; we received SA/AIP on 4 july 2017; till now it is going to be 2 months since they started security/background check.
Hope we get our DM soon!

It is becoming unmanageable irritating lol....

I am so happy for applicants who landed, but it is also frustrating to see applicants landing who sent their application after mine.

Knowing that my life has been simple and our application should be straight forward...

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
See my edit above. I suspect they are re-branding the OSC to CSC, and this is probably a transitional mail-box (note: assuming you didn't just add the second one, and you are missing the ','; it's two separate boxes listed).

dskeard

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-05-2016
AOR Received.
16-06-2016
Med's Request
30-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017 passed
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
That was from July -- that was the last update. I am not saying for sure that's what it is, but they might just meet you at a timmies instead! (kidding, of course).
lol!!! Id even drive to whatever timmies they wanted, /jk

reywill85

Apr 24, 2017
I applied to sponsor my husband (October 11, 2016) and we got AOR November 8, 2016. ECAS still shows in process on Sponsor side and Application Received for Applicant.

Mycic shows the following:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

He is currently on a post-grad work permit that is due to expire on Oct 2, 2017 but we've already submitted the application for a work permit as an applicant under spousal in Canada class on June 3, 2017. I understand that processing for the work permit could take about 4 months, but i'm wondering if he would need to apply to change his status from worker to visitor (and stop working) to maintain status in Canada while waiting for the new work permit...assuming it does not come in before. Or would he have implied status and would be able to continue working.

Thanks all the input. This forum has been a very useful resource.

Z7J

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016 / 29-06-2016
Finally an update (App submitted Apr 29):
Online account says medical passed.. took them 2 months and a week after medical was done.

hoping for a DM soon.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I applied to sponsor my husband (October 11, 2016) and we got AOR November 8, 2016. ECAS still shows in process on Sponsor side and Application Received for Applicant.

Mycic shows the following:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

He is currently on a post-grad work permit that is due to expire on Oct 2, 2017 but we've already submitted the application for a work permit as an applicant under spousal in Canada class on June 3, 2017. I understand that processing for the work permit could take about 4 months, but i'm wondering if he would need to apply to change his status from worker to visitor (and stop working) to maintain status in Canada while waiting for the new work permit...assuming it does not come in before. Or would he have implied status and would be able to continue working.

Thanks all the input. This forum has been a very useful resource.
I have read contradicting information regarding the implied status in relation to the application for a new type of work permit.

My understanding is that, because it's a different work permit, he would not have the implied status as a worker, so he would have to stop working when the PGWP expires until he gets the OWP. Implied status applies when you renew the same type of permit. However, he would have implied status as a visitor between the time the PGWP expires until receiving the OWP.

However, as you applied for the OWP on June 3, it's very likely that you will get the OWP before the PGWP expires.

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Hey guys my inland application was received by CIC on August 5th, 2016 and the AOR was received on August 25, 2016.
I got a medical request on June 20, 2017 and I completed it by June 22, 2017 and on ECAS it appears as Received whereas on MyCIC it appears as Passed.

After that I have seen no movement. Some of the applicants whose file was received by CIC on Aug 8, 9 etc got the medical request around the same time I did but they have seen movement as far as landing. I am not sure why my file is stuck.

Any ideas?
My application received Aug.23.2016, Nothing yet. They are doing background check for so long

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
@Iahbianca:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
for the paper application:
"
This application package includes:

"
You need to submit the document checklist IMM 5556 and the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker IMM 5710. If you are applying as a Common-Law partner, you need to supply the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union IMM 5409; and if not, and you are applying as a spouse, then you must supply a marriage certificate. Use of a Representative isn't necessary.

in IMM 5710:
Box 1 - Your UCI. If you don't know this, leave it blank. If you have a previous permit, or visitor visa in your passport, it will be on there.
Box 3 - I am applying for one or more of the following: You will want "An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer". If you are out of status, then you will want to also select "Restoration of your status as a worker". This will require an additional $200 payment for the work permit.

Fill out: Personal Details, Languages, Passport, Contact Information, Coming to Canada, Education, Employment, and Background Information as appropriate.

Details of Intended Work In Canada:
Box 1 (a) - Select "Open Work Permit"
Box 2 (a) and (b): "N/A"
Box 3 - You can leave blank or put your Province and City.
The rest, leave blank.

Print it out, sign and date.

Fill out the Checklist with all the items you are enclosing.

Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp to pay fees. Here is the direct link for Temporary Resident Visas (OWPs, etc): https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17

Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155)
Put 1 in the Quantity Box for Open work permit holder ($100)
And lastly, if you are restoring status, put 1 in the Quantity Box for Restore your status as a worker ($200)
NOTE:
For folks who are renewing or extending, you just need to pay the $155. You can pay the OWP Holder fee as well, and it will just be returned to you. Better safe than sorry!

Pay online, print out the receipt and include that in your OWP package.

Send your application in: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#5553E7
Current Address (EXTENSIONS ONLY!):
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 202
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

Or (NEW APPLICATIONS):
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Work permit for spouses and common-law partners
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 777
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

HTH!

Hi there this is a really detailed post thank you. quick question as we are in the FINAL stages- she has a PGWP (expires feb 2018) and a current job. we are applying for open work permit with our spousal application. my common-law spouse thinks we should select *A Work Permit with the same employer. - I think we should just put *An Initial work permit. then just leave the details of intended work in Canada blank. (even though she has a job and leter for employment but doesn't qualify for LIMA). what do you suggest? Also does she need to select *Temporay Resident permit?

any help greatly appreciated

dominicantiguan

Apr 24, 2017
Etobicoke
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2016
Doc's Request.
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2016
Med's Request
03-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-06-2017 Passed
Interview........
Waived
Finally an update (App submitted Apr 29):
Online account says medical passed.. took them 2 months and a week after medical was done.

hoping for a DM soon.
Same timeline basically... April 27th. Medical req in June but passed in less than 2 weeks. No DM yet though

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi there this is a really detailed post thank you. quick question as we are in the FINAL stages- she has a PGWP (expires feb 2018) and a current job. we are applying for open work permit with our spousal application. my common-law spouse thinks we should select *A Work Permit with the same employer. - I think we should just put *An Initial work permit. then just leave the details of intended work in Canada blank. (even though she has a job and leter for employment but doesn't qualify for LIMA). what do you suggest? Also does she need to select *Temporay Resident permit?

any help greatly appreciated
Initial work permit. the OWP afforded to spouses is not the same as the PGWP. Therefore, it won't matter who the employer is, what the title is, or a LMIA). No letter required either.

I am not sure where you are seeing Temporary Resident Permit?

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Initial work permit. the OWP afforded to spouses is not the same as the PGWP. Therefore, it won't matter who the employer is, what the title is, or a LMIA). No letter required either.

I am not sure where you are seeing Temporary Resident Permit?
Thank you for your quick reply. The open work application is IMM 5710 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? correct? Under question on page 1 it states I am applying for one or more of the following:

* Work permit with the same employer
* restoration of your status as a worker
*Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Temporary Resident permit

We should just select the initial work permit with a new employer? that's correct and then we can leave the details of intended work in Canada blank? Am I correct with this?

thanks so much for your help

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Thank you for your quick reply. The open work application is IMM 5710 - Application to Change Conditions, Extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker? correct? Under question on page 1 it states I am applying for one or more of the following:

* Work permit with the same employer
* restoration of your status as a worker
*Initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Temporary Resident permit

We should just select the initial work permit with a new employer? that's correct and then we can leave the details of intended work in Canada blank? Am I correct with this?

thanks so much for your help
Correct, and you're welcome.

kimjae11

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I was just looking at the spreadsheet...

And Jan 2016 applicant is landing at September 2017...............................

Wish this does not happen to members of this Forum!

:)