IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Does anyone know if the Alberta Adult Health Benefit plan is considered as welfare and if a sponsor was to sign up for it, would this mess with the progress of the sponsorship application? (http://www.humanservices.alberta.ca/financial-support/2085.html)
Here is the intrepreation of "social assistance" from IRPA (well, the regulation end of IRPA). See: here

"
social assistance means any benefit in the form of money, goods or services provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance, including a program of social assistance designated by a province to provide for basic requirements including food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care, including dental care and eye care. (assistance sociale)
"
So, as I read this, if Alberta has designated the Adult Health Benefit as a program of social assistance, then it just might. That's what I don't know (being from another province).

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
So guys, just got my PR card today. This marks end of my journey for PR. Hopefully will see here again in two years for citizenship. I will keep coming back to the thread intermittently. A big shoutout to Profiler, Sylvain, Carolbb, GuyanaGirl for being part of such a wonderful journey. Profiler, we ll keep chatting over here in future. Hope you will be here till the end of the year at least. Good luck to all Inlanders.

Sam
Congrats, Sam. Go try out that new Nexus Card in Trumpland!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hi all....
I have so any questions..
I applied for spousal sponsorship and open work permit from within Canada(paper application )on 6 June 2017 and it was and it was received on the 9th of june.
my questions are
1)how long those it take cic to send an AOR and has any Applicant here with the same time date received AOR?
2) Dose cic send a letter saying your application has been received for processing before the AOR that is if the application is complete
Hi all
So I made big mistake in my email address when sending my inland spousal application,which was confirmed received by Canada post on the 9th of june..
how do I know if my AOR has been sent?
if the AOR has been sent to a wrong address,how do I get it to be sent to my updated address.?
Sounds like you figured this out on your own. Either use the IRCC webform to ask them to update the system, do the update in ECAS yourself, or call the call centre and ask them to put the change into the system.

Dundolina

Jul 31, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
Hi guys,I'm August 2016 applicant.Just checked my ECAS and I see decision made on sponsor side,and my side still received.does that means approval in principle?And how long it takes to get it by mail?After one year of waiting something finally changed

Reactions: dskeard

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi guys,I'm August 2016 applicant.Just checked my ECAS and I see decision made on sponsor side,and my side still received.does that means approval in principle?And how long it takes to get it by mail?After one year of waiting something finally changed
It means sponsorship approval (SA). AIP might be coming soon though (depending on how much proof you supplied, and it's quality).

Reactions: Dundolina

Dundolina

Jul 31, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
Thanks profiler!

Reactions: profiler

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Congratulations for you sponsor approval!

Reactions: Dundolina

Dundolina

Jul 31, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
LANDED..........
Congratulations for you sponsor approval!
Thanks Sylvain1,It's a small step but it makes me happy!I just hope they don't need more proof!

Reactions: sylvain1

ScotToCan

Jan 10, 2017
So guys, just got my PR card today. This marks end of my journey for PR. Hopefully will see here again in two years for citizenship. I will keep coming back to the thread intermittently. A big shoutout to Profiler, Sylvain, Carolbb, GuyanaGirl for being part of such a wonderful journey. Profiler, we ll keep chatting over here in future. Hope you will be here till the end of the year at least. Good luck to all Inlanders.

Sam
Hi Sam,

I am waiting for my hubby's PR card now. Can you tell me if it comes registered mail.............just dropped in the mailbox or pick up from Canada Post?
I am going to end up leaving the country before it arrives and have it shipped to me abroad. The anticipated arrival will be mid visit of a 4 week return home. Just want to make sure I can have someone ship it to me without having to be the correct person to sign for it.

Thanks,

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hi Sam,

I am waiting for my hubby's PR card now. Can you tell me if it comes registered mail.............just dropped in the mailbox or pick up from Canada Post?
I am going to end up leaving the country before it arrives and have it shipped to me abroad. The anticipated arrival will be mid visit of a 4 week return home. Just want to make sure I can have someone ship it to me without having to be the correct person to sign for it.

Thanks,
Regular mail. White windowed envelope. No signature required.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Le sister done her landing, lady at the counter giving her attitude because she doesn't know how to read an old travel document lol.

Now she is taking the mom for a day trip to Niagara Falls.... leaving behind the one who helped her on her application behind :(

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Le sister done her landing, lady at the counter giving her attitude because she doesn't know how to read an old travel document lol.

Now she is taking the mom for a day trip to Niagara Falls.... leaving behind the one who helped her on her application behind :(
I think they should have brought you. It is a nice day for a zip down to NF.

lexmark

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Hey guys, just thinking out loud. Can someone set up a thread like this one where the 2016 guys will converge when we are ready for our canadian citizenship application? Guys with impending applications, please, keep up the faith. I am vigorously optimistic that we all will crossover. This is not wishful thinking but is premised on approval statistics on this 2016 thread which so far is 100%. The only issue might be the delays.
The 2016 inland pr thread is great. We need a replication.

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Hey guys, just thinking out loud. Can someone set up a thread like this one where the 2016 guys will converge when we are ready for our canadian citizenship application? Guys with impending applications, please, keep up the faith. I am vigorously optimistic that we all will crossover. This is not wishful thinking but is premised on approval statistics on this 2016 thread which so far is 100%. The only issue might be the delays.
The 2016 inland pr thread is great. We need a replication.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/citizenship.12/

And it's a dead simple process :).

Reactions: Sam8119