Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hi there,

I am a born Canadian Citizen and I have been living in Nicaragua for 7 years. I have been with my common law spouse for almost 4 years (living together for the last 2 years).

Due to current political crisis and rising danger we have decided that starting our family will be best done in Canada. Now that we are in our 30's we feel that we can't afford to waste more time and would really like to start fresh in Ontario where I'm originally from.

If there is anyone else going through the process from Nicaragua or any other Central American countries please feel free to post and keep us updated on how things go we just want to get a feel for how things work.

We are so new at this and just reading the forms has become so overwhelming. From knowing which documents to get notarized and how to translations it's a bit confusing.

Any recommendations or tips on how to get this started would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to all!

Lydstol

Apr 15, 2019
Hi there,

I am a born Canadian Citizen and I have been living in Nicaragua for 7 years. I have been with my common law spouse for almost 4 years (living together for the last 2 years).

Due to current political crisis and rising danger we have decided that starting our family will be best done in Canada. Now that we are in our 30's we feel that we can't afford to waste more time and would really like to start fresh in Ontario where I'm originally from.

If there is anyone else going through the process from Nicaragua or any other Central American countries please feel free to post and keep us updated on how things go we just want to get a feel for how things work.

We are so new at this and just reading the forms has become so overwhelming. From knowing which documents to get notarized and how to translations it's a bit confusing.

Any recommendations or tips on how to get this started would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to all!
Hello! I am new to this forum but my husband and applied back in November and we are currently in Nicaragua and leaving for the same reasons. I am also from Ontario.
My application was sent back in February due to a stupid mistake, but at the end of February we resubmitted and now we are back on track.
Received AOR Feb 26th
Sponsorship approval on April 5th
Request for medical exam April 5th
Biometrics payment April 9th
Medical exam completed April 12
Now we are waiting!

Did you submit your application or are you still putting it together?
Best of luck!

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Hello! I am new to this forum but my husband and applied back in November and we are currently in Nicaragua and leaving for the same reasons. I am also from Ontario.
My application was sent back in February due to a stupid mistake, but at the end of February we resubmitted and now we are back on track.
Received AOR Feb 26th
Sponsorship approval on April 5th
Request for medical exam April 5th
Biometrics payment April 9th
Medical exam completed April 12
Now we are waiting!

Did you submit your application or are you still putting it together?
Best of luck!
OMG it's amazing to know someone here going through the same thing. I am a Canadian Citizen but my parents are from Nicaragua, I moved here almost 8 years ago.

Been with my spouse for almost 4 years. Our application was received on March 7th, AOR1 on April 5th and now waiting for the rest of the requests.

Do you mind if I ask how much the medical exam was, I called and they could not give me a quote they said it depends on the age and a number of other things so any indication on what we need to be prepared for would be great!

Good luck!

Lydstol

Apr 15, 2019
OMG it's amazing to know someone here going through the same thing. I am a Canadian Citizen but my parents are from Nicaragua, I moved here almost 8 years ago.

Been with my spouse for almost 4 years. Our application was received on March 7th, AOR1 on April 5th and now waiting for the rest of the requests.

Do you mind if I ask how much the medical exam was, I called and they could not give me a quote they said it depends on the age and a number of other things so any indication on what we need to be prepared for would be great!

Good luck!
Wow amazing! Nice to meet you Our applications are so close together in terms of timeline.
The medical exam in total (including costs of X-rays, blood work etc) was around 350.00 USD. X Ray cost 70 and blood work around 120 more or less then the rest was the doctors fee. They told him he was at the minimum cost range.
The doctor was really nice and accommodating! I assume you will get the request really soon.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Wow amazing! Nice to meet you Our applications are so close together in terms of timeline.
The medical exam in total (including costs of X-rays, blood work etc) was around 350.00 USD. X Ray cost 70 and blood work around 120 more or less then the rest was the doctors fee. They told him he was at the minimum cost range.
The doctor was really nice and accommodating! I assume you will get the request really soon.
Nice to meet you too!

I figured it would be around that much, glad we are prepared. My spouse is 30 years old no medical issues so I'm guessing will probably be about the same. Hopefully our process moves swiftly and no major issues for either of us down the line, and hopefully things stay "calm" here in Nicaragua in the mean-time.

How long have you been in Nicaragua, is your background from here? Will you be staying in the country while the process proceeds or will you be going back to Canada?

Sorry for the questions lol I know each case is different but can't help wanting to compare lol

Lydstol

Apr 15, 2019
Nice to meet you too!

I figured it would be around that much, glad we are prepared. My spouse is 30 years old no medical issues so I'm guessing will probably be about the same. Hopefully our process moves swiftly and no major issues for either of us down the line, and hopefully things stay "calm" here in Nicaragua in the mean-time.

How long have you been in Nicaragua, is your background from here? Will you be staying in the country while the process proceeds or will you be going back to Canada?

Sorry for the questions lol I know each case is different but can't help wanting to compare lol
Of course! Happy to compare and help each other through the process! Hopefully they both go by as quickly as possible.

My husband also healthy and in his 30s so yeah price will likely be the same for you.
My background is Canadian, born in Ontario. First came to Nicaragua over 3 years ago and have been with my husband since. I was in Canada at the beginning of the process and now I’m going to stay here in Nicaragua for a while while we wait. What about you? Will you also be staying in Nicaragua? Did you already pay your biometrics fee with the initial application fee?

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Of course! Happy to compare and help each other through the process! Hopefully they both go by as quickly as possible.

My husband also healthy and in his 30s so yeah price will likely be the same for you.
My background is Canadian, born in Ontario. First came to Nicaragua over 3 years ago and have been with my husband since. I was in Canada at the beginning of the process and now I’m going to stay here in Nicaragua for a while while we wait. What about you? Will you also be staying in Nicaragua? Did you already pay your biometrics fee with the initial application fee?
Yes we paid initial fee and Biometrics fee already. I will be staying in Nicaragua until the end of the process, we currently both working here so just trying to save up and prepare for when we move. We will also be going to Ontario, I was born there and my siblings still live in Kitchener-Waterloo so we will be going back there.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019

When your application was first sent back to you how soon where you notified? I think that's the part I'm dreading the most, we got AOR1 but a lot of people are saying that it can still be returned after that :( crossing our fingers and hoping for the best!

Lydstol

Apr 15, 2019
When your application was first sent back to you how soon where you notified? I think that's the part I'm dreading the most, we got AOR1 but a lot of people are saying that it can still be returned after that :( crossing our fingers and hoping for the best!

My application arrived November 1st to the office. I didn’t hear a thing until around February 20th (almost 4 months later ). I have a lawyer so the returned package went straight to him. They returned it because I didn’t know that where it says to electronically type your name on one of the forms you also have to sign by hand next to the typed signature. We quickly got it signed and resubmitted the same week. Then we didn’t hear anything from them until all the notices in April. I am not sure if I am started back from zero when I resubmitted or if the 4 initial months counted for something....

I think you’re probably okay if you got AO1 and if you signed everything etc. I’m sure you will get SA and medical very soon!!!

I have a friend who also applied from Nicaragua and had to resend the police check because they didn’t get it done from the right place but this part still confuses me... I’m not sure if we did the police check properly either. But that’s not a big delay.

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
My application arrived November 1st to the office. I didn’t hear a thing until around February 20th (almost 4 months later ). I have a lawyer so the returned package went straight to him. They returned it because I didn’t know that where it says to electronically type your name on one of the forms you also have to sign by hand next to the typed signature. We quickly got it signed and resubmitted the same week. Then we didn’t hear anything from them until all the notices in April. I am not sure if I am started back from zero when I resubmitted or if the 4 initial months counted for something....

I think you’re probably okay if you got AO1 and if you signed everything etc. I’m sure you will get SA and medical very soon!!!

I have a friend who also applied from Nicaragua and had to resend the police check because they didn’t get it done from the right place but this part still confuses me... I’m not sure if we did the police check properly either. But that’s not a big delay.
we sent two police checks, one was the regular police check we got from the police station which was 30 cordobas, then we took it to plaza el sol by metro centro to have it authenticated. We also sent "antecedentes judiciales" which we got from the corte suprema here in Managua, if I'm not mistaken we paid 150 cordobas for that at the Banpro bank. It took about a week for us to get the document then we took it to poder judicial by caretera norte we paid 50 cordobas in a Banpro bank so they could authenicate it at poder judicial.

I know I read somewhere that we had to include that one, at least you know they are not going to return it anymore and if they ask for it you can always just get the document done. I think that we may have to get regular one re-done because by now it has expired.

Lydstol

Apr 15, 2019
we sent two police checks, one was the regular police check we got from the police station which was 30 cordobas, then we took it to plaza el sol by metro centro to have it authenticated. We also sent "antecedentes judiciales" which we got from the corte suprema here in Managua, if I'm not mistaken we paid 150 cordobas for that at the Banpro bank. It took about a week for us to get the document then we took it to poder judicial by caretera norte we paid 50 cordobas in a Banpro bank so they could authenicate it at poder judicial.

I know I read somewhere that we had to include that one, at least you know they are not going to return it anymore and if they ask for it you can always just get the document done. I think that we may have to get regular one re-done because by now it has expired.
Ah thank you about the police check info! That’s very helpful. I think my husband did it wrong lol but yeah seems like an easy fix and can just be uploaded when they ask. Let me know if you have any other questions and keep me updated on how your application goes!!!! Best wishes

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
Ah thank you about the police check info! That’s very helpful. I think my husband did it wrong lol but yeah seems like an easy fix and can just be uploaded when they ask. Let me know if you have any other questions and keep me updated on how your application goes!!!! Best wishes
Ya it was a pain, big time especially since here there is no order in anything. No one know where you need to go or how to do the process, we got lucky we ended up just going one day to Poder Judicial in careterra norte and there was a lady there and she was kind enough to explain the fees and the process to us, where to get it and how to get them authenticated.