+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsership

Ramendra

Oct 15, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I am an Indian & my girlfriend is Canadian. We are planning that i should go to Canada on tourist visa & get married this November & she will sponsor me. But there are few questions on sponsorship application which are bothering me at the moment.

As i am a Hindu & she is Christian, so my parents are against this marriage & they wont attend the marriage ceremony & that's why i don't want too invite my other family members & friends also? What clarification i should give for that ?

Your cooperation is highly appreciated in this regard.

Regards,
Ramendra

M

mikeymyke

The reason you want to marry in Canada is so you can remain in Canada while doing an inland sponsorship right? If you ask for a tourist visa, you cannot indicate you are planning to marry otherwise they will refuse you. one thing to remember by doing inland, you cannot appeal if they refuse your application.

You do have a couple red flags, one of them is you guys have different religions, and the other is your parents are against your marriage and won't attend, depending on how severe those red flags are, and how strong or weak the rest of your relationship background is, there could be a good chance your application will be refused, and you won't be able to appeal.

If you are very confident about your relationship, inland can be a good option, but if you want that ability to appeal, you definitely should do outland.

Tell us more about your relationship. How long have you guys known each other? How long were you together before the proposal? What are your ages? etc

Ramendra

Oct 15, 2013
i am not sure which process to choose for application inland or out-land.

I will come back to work after getting married to her because i have to serve 3 months of notice period in my company after resignation.

We are planning that after the sponsor application is filed & my notice period is served, i will go their on tourist/study visa and do some short time professional courses.

She has agreed to convert her religion & became Hindu after marriage. She will take my name right away after marriage.

I talked to a lawyer in canada & he said that if inland application is made, i will get an open work permit after initial assessment which takes nearly 6-8 months time.

Which is the better process to apply - inland or outland ? If we apply for outland, will i get an open work permit after initial assessment of application (which is nearly 1 month time right now) ?

Ramendra

Oct 15, 2013
We met each other this April. She came to India as an welding inspector on behalf of my company's client. As we were working together, so we started to spend time with each other in evening session like going out for dinner, movies, shopping, site seeing etc. We fell in love with each other during that time. We have also taken leave from our companies at the same time for some trips in India & Sri Lanka together. During that time, we decided to marry each other & we wanted to get settled in Canada.

We are in this relationship for nearly 4-5 months.

I am 24 & she is 25 at the moment.

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Ramendra said:
We met each other this April. She came to India as an welding inspector on behalf of my company's client. As we were working together, so we started to spend time with each other in evening session like going out for dinner, movies, shopping, site seeing etc. We fell in love with each other during that time. We have also taken leave from our companies at the same time for some trips in India & Sri Lanka together. During that time, we decided to marry each other & we wanted to get settled in Canada.

I am 24 & she is 25 at the moment.
maybe experts here can give you a better analysis...in my view, your situation causes several red flags ...religion, short term duration of knowing each other are two red flags that might lead to an interview not necessarily a rejection

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ramendra said:
I talked to a lawyer in canada & he said that if inland application is made, i will get an open work permit after initial assessment which takes nearly 6-8 months time.

Which is the better process to apply - inland or outland ? If we apply for outland, will i get an open work permit after initial assessment of application (which is nearly 1 month time right now) ?
No open work permit is granted if you apply outland. If you apply inland, you will be approved for an open work permit once you have first stage approval. This is currently taking 11 months (not 6-8 months). If you apply inland, you cannot leave Canada until your application is 100% approved.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ramendra said:
This is a huge red flag all by itself.... not even considering the religious differences or not having your family attend the wedding. Is her family supportive of the wedding and her converting to Hinduism?

In a "normal" relationship people date for a suitable period of time, and then get married when it is the natural thing to do. If you get married after only 4-5 months of knowing someone and then immediately apply for PR, it strongly looks to CIC like the only reason you got married is to get into Canada. The way to overcome this is to show strong family support for the relationship, but in your case that doesn't sound possible.

Ramendra

Oct 15, 2013
Her family is supportive & they will attend the marraige ceremony. She is also converting to Hinduism.

If my parents agrees for our relation but dont attend the marriage ceremony, then also it can create problem ?

tabbru

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 13, 2012
AOR Received.
January 8, 2013
File Transfer...
January 11, 2013
Med's Done....
November 29, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 18, 2013
^Why not marry in India then apply for spousal sponsorship after the wedding? Don't quit your job, wait till your application is approved. Then continue "collecting" those relationship documents like emails, chats, letters, etc.