+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Interview Questions

Africalady

Sep 9, 2013
PC0827 said:
Don't be nervous, remember every case is unique in its on way. And they just have questions they want u to answer. Maybe they can ask both of u, what made u decide on marriage after 5 months of knowing eachother, where here u should explain what made u realize your husband was the one for u. They can ask abt your age differences, but remember love can happen anytime with anyone. You should order your GCMS notes to see why your husband is getting interviewed. It will help u a lot in preparing for it. Best of luck and wish u a speedy visa!
Hi PC0827,
I really appreciate your advise and i should start believing that ours is a unique case because we are happily married and so far celebrated our 1st anniversary. God who brought us together will see us through all this so that we can live under one roof more happily to enjoy our marriage.
No my husband has not been invited to attend the interview but they stated that i should go with his telephone contact so that in case of anything they call him.
As for the GCMS notes, i have heard that it takes 30days to come yet am left with only 2weeks to my interview. Can i still order for them?
Wish you all the best too.
Africalady

happydayagain

Apr 11, 2016
Wow shocked at the questions watch a movie called Green Card a bit funny but also can release some stress related to interview

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When are we supposed to go through an interview? Is it when the officer suspects the marriage is not genuine? Are both parties supposed to attend or just the principal applicant?
If you are required to attend an interview they will instruct you. Some interviews your spouse is not in the room at all and some they are brought in part way through. Yes it is usually due to them questioning the validity or "realness" of your relationship.
If they want to see you they will send a letter and it will state the where, date and time of the interview.

Rimzat

Jul 10, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
06-04-2018
AOR Received.
10--05-2018
File Transfer...
18-05-2018
Yeah, the visa officer asked me when I first had sex with my then boyfriend, and asked my husband who made the first move the first time.
Hi did you answer to that question. I find it too detailed to be answered

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi did you answer to that question. I find it too detailed to be answered
I don't think they need the exact time and date or anything, so don't worry if you don't remember exactly. I'd think that most people do remember the general time period and that should be fine (e.g. a few weeks after we met/started dating, spring of x year, etc).

Dharmin Shah

Jan 14, 2018
Do they allow pendrive, mobile or access email id to show photo of pre-marriage and on going communication? or we have to take all print out of chat and photo?

Dharmin Shah

Jan 14, 2018
My wife have interview on 14th November 2018 and we did one mistake in filling form: she sign in "I certified that i do not have a spouse or common low partner. So she will get visa or not.please help me

Alda

Sep 13, 2018
Can someone of you get thus email from your visa office ??
Thank you for contacting IRCC Rome.
Please be advised that this application is currently in the queue for being interviewed in ....(x-place)
A date has not been set yet. Please expect some time to pass before receiving notice of the next step
And how many time should i wait until a dte of interview
Thanku

AS11007

Nov 23, 2021
Hi all ,

So here is situation.
I applied for Study permit on December 2020.

I got married in Jan 2021

I got my Study Visa in April 2021.

Reached Canada in August 2021.

I did not update my marital status in Study Permit file.
Now I need to apply for SOWP for my spouse.
Please suggest

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all ,

So here is situation.
I applied for Study permit on December 2020.

I got married in Jan 2021

I got my Study Visa in April 2021.

Reached Canada in August 2021.

I did not update my marital status in Study Permit file.
Now I need to apply for SOWP for my spouse.
Please suggest
So here is the situation: you are posting in the forum entitled 'Family Class Sponsorship.'

Your case is not about that - it is a student permit with an accompnaying spouse.

Post your questions here instead:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

Reactions: YVR123