Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
ACS said:
Good advice...but easier said than done!

My husband and I are a legit couple, have been together a long time, but I think anyone in the situation of an interview could be pretty nervous because there is basically the outcome of your LIFE hanging in the balance....!

DaleandMonica - I totally agree! I bet if they set up a game show where they asked couples these questions lots would get them wrong...lol.

Similar to the Citizenship Exams..I am a born and raised Canadian and I tried doing a sample Citizenship Exam and I failed it!! lol. Most Canadians would fail it, and most legit couples wouldn't get all the questions in these interviews right...lol
Totally Agree if nobody prepare these questions, even legit couples would answer half of them wrong. Because we don't give importance to small things. But CIC doesn't know that we are legit couple or not. For them questioning, face expression, nervousness and confidence are few sources to figure this out. Our best bet is to prepare all these and go with full confidence as much as possible.

good luck all

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
second medical request Aug 20, 2013
Med's Done....
medical done March 20 2012 and Sep 29 2013
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
ACS said:
Good advice...but easier said than done!

My husband and I are a legit couple, have been together a long time, but I think anyone in the situation of an interview could be pretty nervous because there is basically the outcome of your LIFE hanging in the balance....!

DaleandMonica - I totally agree! I bet if they set up a game show where they asked couples these questions lots would get them wrong...lol.

Similar to the Citizenship Exams..I am a born and raised Canadian and I tried doing a sample Citizenship Exam and I failed it!! lol. Most Canadians would fail it, and most legit couples wouldn't get all the questions in these interviews right...lol
I hear you. And agree. Oh I think I would start to cry in the middle of the interview. Just from being so emotional and nervous. That's how sensitive I would risk to become. I remember when I came to Canada and was interviewed by the officer.....I was so scared and emotional. Shaking like a leaf. Its really hard to keep composed in those moments when emotions run high. And then being forced to think collected at the same time and answering every question right during all those emotions.....Im just saying wow. Would I really be able to do that? Yes this immigration process is stressful for sure. The most stressful thing I've ever been through....that's for sure.

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
nsr said:
Totally Agree if nobody prepare these questions, even legit couples would answer half of them wrong. Because we don't give importance to small things. But CIC doesn't know that we are legit couple or not. For them questioning, face expression, nervousness and confidence are few sources to figure this out. Our best bet is to prepare all these and go with full confidence as much as possible.

good luck all
I guess you are right. Its all about preparation. Good thing this thread was posted.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
DaleandMonica said:
I hear you. And agree. Oh I think I would start to cry in the middle of the interview. Just from being so emotional and nervous. That's how sensitive I would risk to become. I remember when I came to Canada and was interviewed by the officer.....I was so scared and emotional. Shaking like a leaf. Its really hard to keep composed in those moments when emotions run high. And then being forced to think collected at the same time and answering every question right during all those emotions.....Im just saying wow. Would I really be able to do that? Yes this immigration process is stressful for sure. The most stressful thing I've ever been through....that's for sure.
Not to mention that men and women just see things differently..... ::) ;)

DaleandMonica

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2012
Doc's Request.
January 10 2013
Nomination.....
AIP Aug 17, 2013
AOR Received.
October 9 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
DM Dec 30 2013
ACS said:
Not to mention that men and women just see things differently..... ::) ;)
I KNOW!!! :D How many times haven't my hubby and I talked about things....and I said.... NOoooo.....that's not how it was....or Noooo that wasn't what happened.. Or the other way around. My God.....what would the interviewer think about us then??? I am just having this kind of discussion with my facebook friends right now...and not many married couples would pass this kind of test, they say. But I guess its all about preparation. I guess everyone being called on this kind of interview has to become experts on each other ::) ;D

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi members,
My interview is for next month and i was told to go with my passport on that day. Should i be hopeful that after the interview i may get the visa soon??
How long does it usually take to issue a visa after interviews??

Rose13

marrgo

Aug 16, 2013
DaleandMonica said:
I KNOW!!! :D How many times haven't my hubby and I talked about things....and I said.... NOoooo.....that's not how it was....or Noooo that wasn't what happened.. Or the other way around. My God.....what would the interviewer think about us then??? I am just having this kind of discussion with my facebook friends right now...and not many married couples would pass this kind of test, they say. But I guess its all about preparation. I guess everyone being called on this kind of interview has to become experts on each other ::) ;D
I don't think the VO is looking only for the answers to be the same when asking this kind of questions. If you prepare to much, your responses may sound rehearsed. Maybe honesty and the occasional truthful "I have no idea" is best. Maybe preparing yourself for the topics is OK, but i wouldn't dwell very much on the actual answers on some of the questions. It's not robots they are interviewing after all :)

Just my 2 cents, haven't been through an interview, but maybe I will need to.

Ambber29

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Nsr are u in process now?
We are in process now and how long will it take for passport request. She said she would request additional documents?

Africalady

Sep 9, 2013
Hello members,
Please i need your sincere advice.
Am due for interview late October and i feel abit scared due to some issues that iam aware of in my application. Our marriage is genuine and we are married happy waiting to be together soon if God allows. I have read so many think on this forum that i ended reflecting on our applications.
Briefly, we have age difference of 16years my husband older, he is divorced 1 child, i have never been married before but i have 2 children from 2 difference relationship (i was a single mother before marrying my husband), we met online and got married after 5months, we come from different countries both in East Africa, he visited my country for few days and later we went to his country, at our Civil marriage i had only 2 friends who attended but most of his relatives/friends were there at our marriage and reception.
However, i have prints of our all our chats of the dating site, many emails, western union receipts, many photos of our relationship, marriage & honeymoon together, viber call history, whatsapp text message history, skype calls, boarding passes, his divorce certificate, our marriage certificate e.t.c
Members please advise, what can i do to show the visa officer on our interview that my marriage is genuine and we are truely in love.
waiting eagerly to read from you.
Regards,
Africalady

PC0827

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV 23 2012
AOR Received.
NOV 26 2012
File Transfer...
DEC 04 2012
Med's Done....
JULY 2016
Interview........
NOV 11 2013 (Refused) APPEAL WON 2016
Passport Req..
JAN 18 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting.....
Africalady said:
Hello members,
Please i need your sincere advice.
Am due for interview late October and i feel abit scared due to some issues that iam aware of in my application. Our marriage is genuine and we are married happy waiting to be together soon if God allows. I have read so many think on this forum that i ended reflecting on our applications.
Briefly, we have age difference of 16years my husband older, he is divorced 1 child, i have never been married before but i have 2 children from 2 difference relationship (i was a single mother before marrying my husband), we met online and got married after 5months, we come from different countries both in East Africa, he visited my country for few days and later we went to his country, at our Civil marriage i had only 2 friends who attended but most of his relatives/friends were there at our marriage and reception.
However, i have prints of our all our chats of the dating site, many emails, western union receipts, many
photos of our relationship, marriage & honeymoon together, viber call history, whatsapp text message history, skype calls, boarding passes, his divorce certificate, our marriage certificate e.t.c
Members please advise, what can i do to show the visa officer on our interview that my marriage is genuine and we are truely in love.
waiting eagerly to read from you.
Regards,
Africalady

Don't be nervous, remember every case is unique in its on way. And they just have questions they want u to answer. Maybe they can ask both of u, what made u decide on marriage after 5 months of knowing eachother, where here u should explain what made u realize your husband was the one for u. They can ask abt your age differences, but remember love can happen anytime with anyone. You should order your GCMS notes to see why your husband is getting interviewed. It will help u a lot in preparing for it. Best of luck and wish u a speedy visa!

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
These questions might be helpful for some people but I really question the wisdom of rehearsing answers. Anyone that is NOT in a genuine relationship will have rehearsed and rehearsed. VO's are not stupid - they will know if couples have practised and will wonder about how genuine they are.

I've been through an interview with immigration to another country. It doesn't matter how genuine or prepared you are, you WILL be nervous. That's normal and expected and VO's will try to put you at your ease.

I've been with my husband for over a decade but I always forget the exact date of his birthday (I suspect he would forget mine too if it wasn't in his phone's calendar). Birthdays are just not important to us. We also have red flags in our relationship (age difference being one). We were interviewed separately and were questioned about both these things. I think I answered something like, "oh no! Why did you ask that because I always forget his birthday!" As luck would have it, he said something like, "I hope you don't ask my wife that question because she would freak out. She always forgets my birthday". Case notes said, "normal, healthy relationship. Genuine couple".

I guess what I'm trying to say is - if you are in a genuine relationship just answer the questions honestly. You can study up on possible questions, rehearse things, and risk sounding like you have rehearsed. Or be your natural self and be honest. Every relationship is different. What VO's are looking for is evidence that you are committed to each other for the long term and your relationship is genuine.

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Nice thread, and great conversation about it. I agree about sounding rehearsed, I was thinking the same thing. I think if they see that you know each other like a "normal couple" would, and see that there is affection and mutual understandings that can be seen in an interview, they judge based on the overall effect, not just whether you get all the answers correct. But it is good to have an idea of what kind of questions will be asked, not to rehearse the answers...but it is fun asking each other some of these things to see how wrong I was :D

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
canadianwoman said:
Yeah, the visa officer asked me when I first had sex with my then boyfriend, and asked my husband who made the first move the first time.
I have a theory these type of questions are dependent on cultural aspects, in some countries having sex may be something very reserved and personal, thus having sex with someone is not something taken lightly (for religious or traditions). However for other countries this might be semi-irrelevant.

Anyway.. that's me and my theories ;)

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
scrls5 said:
I have a theory these type of questions are dependent on cultural aspects, in some countries having sex may be something very reserved and personal, thus having sex with someone is not something taken lightly (for religious or traditions). However for other countries this might be semi-irrelevant.

Anyway.. that's me and my theories ;)
I think that is a very personal topic to talk about, but I guess that is the point. They want to "get personal" to find out all they can to weed out the people that are just trying to get in under false pretenses. I don't like it, but I also don't like people getting away with fraud either.