+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Oh WOW!!
Super happy for you guys, you just put a huge smile on my face!!
Also means we must be just around the corner for our PPR :D YAY!!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zanamomikham said:
hi to everyone,
today is one of the happiest days of my life !! ;D i received a email this morning for my PPR!!! i was in a state of shock for an hour and i couldn't believe it in fact i still cant believe it tho its real !!its been brutal all this time to wait for my wife to get here and finally we are getting together soon .here is the email i received today so you guys can familiar yourself with it i read it like 20 times before i tell my wife the news lol :eek:

i am hoping everyone here will be united with their loved one soon cause i know how painful it is to wait and not knowing what to expect :( !i hope the government would facilitate the immigration process for genuine couples . i like to thank the Bogota office staff and the visa officers in case anyone reads and follows here !! THANK YOU :-*

Dear Madam:

This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada.

In order to continue the processing of your application, you are required to submit the following documents within 15 days.

Please note: Documents in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in English or French.

Please submit:
- The original passport for yourself.[/b
Congrats Zana. That was a very fast process. Wish your wife good luck on her new journey. :)

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Great news today :D :D :D
We just received our letter for RPRF and request for the passport!!!!!!
I just told my wife to mail her passport, 10 minutes ago. She screamed, yelled "OK!", and really quickly said "I'll call you when it's done!"... and hung up (I think she got excited hahahahaha).
I just paid for the RPRF online and apparently I will get a receipt in the mail. Now I will book some tickets to go to Bogota and pick her up. ;D

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
congrats SOTO lol we mailed my wife's passport yesterday with DHL to Bogogta but im not booking the ticket untill the passport is back with the visa i heard sometimes it can take a month or more you never know!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Soto2116 said:
Hello Everyone,

I just told my wife to mail her passport, 10 minutes ago. She screamed, yelled "OK!", and really quickly said "I'll call you when it's done!"... and hung up (I think she got excited hahahahaha).
I just paid for the RPRF online and apparently I will get a receipt in the mail. Now I will book some tickets to go to Bogota and pick her up. ;D
Congrats Soto. What's your timeline? I am really happy to see how Bogota seems to have picked up their speed.

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Thanks guys!

If we get our passport back in Octobre (which I am crossing my fingers) that would be about 5 months from applied to recieve

I had a ticket booked to go see my wife end of Octobre already, I'll just wait in Bogota until she gets her passport back then finally bring her home!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Soto2116 said:
Hello Everyone,

Congratulations Soto! Bogota VO has really speeded up!

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Congrats Soto. Thats amazing news. 2/3 got letters. I'm hoping mine is on the way.
How did you guys send the passport? And what did you do to get it sent back to you? Regular mail?

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
jorlandoj82 said:
Congrats Soto. Thats amazing news. 2/3 got letters. I'm hoping mine is on the way.
How did you guys send the passport? And what did you do to get it sent back to you? Regular mail?
Gracias Jorlando!
Yours is on it's way!!
My wife sent hers through Servienvia, I believe Zana sent it through DHL and I have no idea how JJ sent it. I believe the embassy will be sending back the passport through regular mail.

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
Soto2116 said:
Gracias Jorlando!
Yours is on it's way!!
My wife sent hers through Servienvia, I believe Zana sent it through DHL and I have no idea how JJ sent it. I believe the embassy will be sending back the passport through regular mail.
hi jorlando ,we send the passport with DHL in my opinion they are the best postal company in the world and very trust worthy... we are anxiously waiting to get it back but so far i have not purchased the flight even tho its very tempting to just go ahead and buy it ...lol crossing fingers we are hoping to get the visa by next week Wednesday .

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Zanamomikham said:
hi jorlando ,we send the passport with DHL in my opinion they are the best postal company in the world and very trust worthy... we are anxiously waiting to get it back but so far i have not purchased the flight even tho its very tempting to just go ahead and buy it ...lol crossing fingers we are hoping to get the visa by next week Wednesday .
Hey guys! I sent mine through Servientrega last Saturday and it arrived first thing in the morning on Monday. I'm really hoping my expiration date is valid with my new medical exams because I can't leave Colombia until I finish my contract at work. I'm crossing fingers for that. Yesterday I received an email from the MyCIC account, it said that it was a closed case and that the sponsorship was approved hahahahaha!
Hope the rest get their PPR's, especially you Liiaa, you and Humblee are in my prayers so you both receive news soon! Best of luck to the rest of you!

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hey guys! I sent mine through Servientrega last Saturday and it arrived first thing in the morning on Monday. I'm really hoping my expiration date is valid with my new medical exams because I can't leave Colombia until I finish my contract at work. I'm crossing fingers for that. Yesterday I received an email from the MyCIC account, it said that it was a closed case and that the sponsorship was approved hahahahaha!
Hope the rest get their PPR's, especially you Liiaa, you and Humblee are in my prayers so you both receive news soon! Best of luck to the rest of you!
Thank you JJ I hope to get ppr soon after sending in the new medical exam they requested. Looks like it's just humblebee and I waiting now.

Beeo08

Star Member
Mar 30, 2016
We applied on June 22nd, I got sponsor approval on August 15th and yesterday September 17th the Bogota office sent my wife an email requesting:

1.) Police record check from Colombia
2.) Police record check from Mexico (where she lived for a year)
3.) Escritura de Matrimonio from the notaria in Bogota where we married (apparently, we only sent the marriage certificate which is different then the escritura apparently. this is kinda annoying as we already paid for the certificate, then paid to get it translated and then went again to the ministry of exterior relations to get the translator certified, so three trips and money for all of those differnet things, but oh well that's life) Lesson Learned: SEND ESCRITURA DE MATRIMONIO not the Marriage Certificate as they are different. I think they should make that distinction more clear on the package.
4.) Updated Schedule A Background

Questions:
1.) This seems to be good news, as it seems like people get approved shortly after sending all this stuff in?
2.) It says to send it all within 30 days, which is all great, but for the police check in Mexico, the instructions are to send it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico who will process it on our behalf and then send it to the Visa Office. I've heard though that this police check can take longer than a month to do. We actually just got everything ready to send off for that police check this week as we knew it would take a while and we weren't expecting them to request them for a few more months.

Excited to see everyone else making progress! Congrats to all.