SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Beeo08 said:
We applied on June 22nd, I got sponsor approval on August 15th and yesterday September 17th the Bogota office sent my wife an email requesting:

1.) Police record check from Colombia
2.) Police record check from Mexico (where she lived for a year)
3.) Escritura de Matrimonio from the notaria in Bogota where we married (apparently, we only sent the marriage certificate which is different then the escritura apparently. this is kinda annoying as we already paid for the certificate, then paid to get it translated and then went again to the ministry of exterior relations to get the translator certified, so three trips and money for all of those differnet things, but oh well that's life) Lesson Learned: SEND ESCRITURA DE MATRIMONIO not the Marriage Certificate as they are different. I think they should make that distinction more clear on the package.
4.) Updated Schedule A Background

Questions:
1.) This seems to be good news, as it seems like people get approved shortly after sending all this stuff in?
2.) It says to send it all within 30 days, which is all great, but for the police check in Mexico, the instructions are to send it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico who will process it on our behalf and then send it to the Visa Office. I've heard though that this police check can take longer than a month to do. We actually just got everything ready to send off for that police check this week as we knew it would take a while and we weren't expecting them to request them for a few more months.

Excited to see everyone else making progress! Congrats to all.
Beeoo08 that's great news, those were the same documents I was requested before PPR and medical exams. I was also confused in between Escritura de Matrimonio and Registro de matrimonio, they should ask for both since the beginning. BEST OF LUCK!!

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello everyone,
wanted to tell you guys I received my passport today with entry expiration until September 2017! I will do my landing in February! We're so happy this process is finally over.
Thank you all for your help in valuable information! Hope all your cases are solved and may you and your loved ones reunite soon!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!
;D

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
THAT IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! So happy for you guys, wish the best and good luck :)
What city will you be living at? I will be bringing my wife to Vancouver B.C

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Soto2116 said:
THAT IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! So happy for you guys, wish the best and good luck :)
What city will you be living at? I will be bringing my wife to Vancouver B.C
Thank you Soto! My husband lives in Calgary.
By the way, you will receive the documents without needing to go to the VO for it.
Please keep me posted with the landing, so I can have a heads up about it.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJ628 said:
Hello everyone,
wanted to tell you guys I received my passport today with entry expiration until September 2017! I will do my landing in February! We're so happy this process is finally over.
Thank you all for your help in valuable information! Hope all your cases are solved and may you and your loved ones reunite soon!
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!
;D
Great news JJ. Wishing you and your husband the best. :)

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
JJ628 said:
Thank you Soto! My husband lives in Calgary.
By the way, you will receive the documents without needing to go to the VO for it.
Please keep me posted with the landing, so I can have a heads up about it.
hi jj,
Congrats! i am also in Calgary mailed m wife's passport last week they still haven't sent it back !how long did it take them to send back yours? im hoping to get it back by tomorrow lol

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Zanamomikham said:
hi jj,
Congrats! i am also in Calgary mailed m wife's passport last week they still haven't sent it back !how long did it take them to send back yours? im hoping to get it back by tomorrow lol
Thank you Liiaa and Zanamomikham! I sent mine last Monday (Sept 12th), got it back yesterday (Sept 21), you'll probably receive yours either today or tomorrow.
When is your wife planning to land?

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
Hi JJ ,
Thats great my wife is so worried because i bought her flight ticket lol i couldnt wait any longer ...she is supposed to fly on october 14th .so far waiting .when r u planing to land ? Lol i want to invite you guys for a game of tejo in my basement lol

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Zanamomikham said:
Hi JJ ,
Thats great my wife is so worried because i bought her flight ticket lol i couldnt wait any longer ...she is supposed to fly on october 14th .so far waiting .when r u planing to land ? Lol i want to invite you guys for a game of tejo in my basement lol
I'm planning to do my landing by mid March, I know it's pretty far away, but I can't leave sooner because I have an annual contract with the company I work with and I would have to pay a big fine if I end it.
Please share any information with me about Alberta Health Care whenever your wife applies for it, my husband used to live in London and he hasn't changed it to AHC. Thanks for the invitation to play tejo LOL. ;D

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
hi JJ,

my wife actually have a work contract too but im paying the fine is not that much tho!! :) Alberta health requires a application form filled up which you can get it online or at any registry office,you need a proof of residency in Alberta this could be a utility bill in your name that you received in the mail recently it could be a phone bill ,electricity bill or a bank statement ,....ETC.then you need a id (your passport is sufficient)and your COPR and there is no fee! there use to be a monthly fee but the government took that away ! thanks god.. and once you provide that they mail you a piece of paper with a id number which you need to provide anytime you are receiving a health care and its valid for anywhere in Canada but somethings are not covered[/b] like optometrist,dentist,Otolaryngologist and lots of other things including prescription drugs and cosmetic surgery which is very popular in Colombia lol if your husband is already in Canada he can add you on his credit card for free and they will send him a bank statement in the mail which you can use to get your health card right away in case you dont want to wait and need health care immediately you can use the hospital with you COPR paper.if you are taking medication in Colombia buy your one year worth because it will cost you 10 times more here and if you need any dental work done PLEASE PLEASE GET IT DONE BEFORE YOU COME HERE!!it will cost you 10 times more of course if your husband is rich then who cares or if he does have a good insurance plan through work and can include you , may use that but my suggestion is get everything done there before you come it will always save you money ..my mom is taking some medication that costs us around 3000 dollars a year those same stuff in Colombia costs around 300 dollars a year just to give you an idea ....another thing is perception glasses it can cost you anywhere from 200 to 2000 dollars or more .in Canada there is health care but is not really free .i hope this thread is useful for everyone here .

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Zanamomikham said:
hi JJ,

my wife actually have a work contract too but im paying the fine is not that much tho!! :) Alberta health requires a application form filled up which you can get it online or at any registry office,you need a proof of residency in Alberta this could be a utility bill in your name that you received in the mail recently it could be a phone bill ,electricity bill or a bank statement ,....ETC.then you need a id (your passport is sufficient)and your COPR and there is no fee! there use to be a monthly fee but the government took that away ! thanks god.. and once you provide that they mail you a piece of paper with a id number which you need to provide anytime you are receiving a health care and its valid for anywhere in Canada but somethings are not covered[/b] like optometrist,dentist,Otolaryngologist and lots of other things including prescription drugs and cosmetic surgery which is very popular in Colombia lol if your husband is already in Canada he can add you on his credit card for free and they will send him a bank statement in the mail which you can use to get your health card right away in case you dont want to wait and need health care immediately you can use the hospital with you COPR paper.if you are taking medication in Colombia buy your one year worth because it will cost you 10 times more here and if you need any dental work done PLEASE PLEASE GET IT DONE BEFORE YOU COME HERE!!it will cost you 10 times more of course if your husband is rich then who cares or if he does have a good insurance plan through work and can include you , may use that but my suggestion is get everything done there before you come it will always save you money ..my mom is taking some medication that costs us around 3000 dollars a year those same stuff in Colombia costs around 300 dollars a year just to give you an idea ....another thing is perception glasses it can cost you anywhere from 200 to 2000 dollars or more .in Canada there is health care but is not really free .i hope this thread is useful for everyone here .

Thanks for the information Zanamomikham! I am definetly getting everything done here before I leave, I have knowledge of how expensive medical bills can be because USA has almost the same policies.

Zanamomikham

Sep 7, 2016
Hello everyone finaly i am pleased to anounce that we have finally got our passport back today and my wife will be landing in 3 weeks .thank you everybody for sharing your experience with bogota VO and your feedback i wish the best for everyone and hope all goes well for you guys.

Soto2116

Sep 7, 2016
Zana,

Super happy for you guys!!!! the wait is over, finally. We are still waiting for ours, hopefully next week.
Good luck to you guys. :D

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Still haven't received anything. But I'm assuming you guys were early May. I was the last day of May so maybe my letter will come in a few weeks.