+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship through Bogota 2015-2016

lamontana

Jan 31, 2017
sponsoring123 said:
Hi lamontana. welcome. I see you applied one month after I did. I applied Sep 8th, 2016. You are applying via Quebec, so they have maybe an extra step or so. Our process took just over 4 months, but We were not asked for interview or any other supporting papers. In your case that may delay things a bit, but I see that all processes are going very fast in Bogota these days.
Don't pay much attention to the status in the CIC website. for Us things didn't necessarily reflected what was going on versus what the site said.
The wait is always hard, but patience is the word.

good luck.
Hi sponsor123! Thanks for your response :)
I have to say your timeline looks very encouraging.

outro7

Oct 25, 2016
Hey guys.We finally got something. I logged into ecas and it says decision made. Not going to get my hopes up too high yet. Jorlando, any news?

lamontana

Jan 31, 2017
Hi everyone,
Happy to update our timeline!!

Med's Done.....: Oct. 5, 2016
App. Sent........: Oct. 11, 2016
AOR Received..: Nov. 2, 2016
File Transfer....: SA: Nov. 10 / AOR2: Nov. 16, 2016
Additional Proof.: Dec. 6, 2016
CSQ received...: Jan. 26, 2017
Pass. request...: Feb. 8, 2017

It's almost unreal! Everything in ECAS and GCKey says still in process but they ask for his passport!

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
La montana. Congrats. Yours went by so quick. I been waiting since dec 23rd when they received the passport. Hoping to hear soon when it comes back

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
My wife's file is now saying application closed. This application has been approved.

So now I guess we wait for the passport. From the day they send it out does anyone know how long it takes for her to receive it? Colombia doesn't really have like a Canada post where you know in like 3-4 days you will get something. Would it be like a day or two ?

lamontana

Jan 31, 2017
Congrats jorlando!
Must be such a relief, I have no clue when you'll receive the passport but every day that goes by es una dia menos!
Quick question, as you'll probably move to Canada in a very near future:

Did you buy a one-way ticket?
Did you find anything good that doesn't go through the US?
Are you or/and your spouse bringing everything with you on that plane or are you sending your stuff some other way?

Again, happy for you :)

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
lamontana said:
Congrats jorlando!
Must be such a relief, I have no clue when you'll receive the passport but every day that goes by es una dia menos!
Quick question, as you'll probably move to Canada in a very near future:

Did you buy a one-way ticket?
Did you find anything good that doesn't go through the US?
Are you or/and your spouse bringing everything with you on that plane or are you sending your stuff some other way?

Again, happy for you :)

We haven't bought yet but it will be a one way ticket. Avianca has a flight that goes through El Salvador to Toronto

She's bringing whatever she can in the two bags. I brought a bunch of stuff when I came to Toronto. Anything else her father is holding on to until we return to visit

sponsoring123

Nov 1, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 8th, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 1st, 2016
AOR Received.
October 20th, 2016
File Transfer...
October 14th, 2016
Med's Done....
March 24, 2016
Passport Req..
December 20th, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
January 11th, 2017
LANDED..........
February 3rd, 2017
Hi Jorlando, Outra, lamaontana. I am glad things are moving. if it says case closed you are done and passport will arrive soon, or if you are in bogota they will ask you to go and get it in person.
My wife has been already for a week in Canada. We are so happy, and the feeling of it finally happening is amazing ! sometimes We look at each other and can't believe we are in front of each other instead of in front of Skype !

outro7

Oct 25, 2016
The embassy called my wife yesterday to confirm her home address but the person hung up before she could ask when they are sending it. Hopefully its on the way.

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
sponsoring123 said:
Hi Jorlando, Outra, lamaontana. I am glad things are moving. if it says case closed you are done and passport will arrive soon, or if you are in bogota they will ask you to go and get it in person.
My wife has been already for a week in Canada. We are so happy, and the feeling of it finally happening is amazing ! sometimes We look at each other and can't believe we are in front of each other instead of in front of Skype !
How was her experience at the airport? Why did they ask? Did they lee her long?

jorlandoj82

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
outro7 said:
The embassy called my wife yesterday to confirm her home address but the person hung up before she could ask when they are sending it. Hopefully its on the way.
Congrats outro7. Hope it's coming soon. We haven't received any calls. Those people in the embassy are the worst. It's like they don't even care one bit.