+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship and walfare

Princess2014

Jun 7, 2014
Dear friends

I have several issues,
Someone I know apply for PR, but her husband get walfare coz not working
1) is it possible for someone get walfare could sponsored her wife and her children?

Then they move to another province in Canada coz her husband get a job, but still accepted walfare from previous province where They were live before.

2) could somebody get walfare money even though he working?
3) is it possible that previous province support them (walfare money) even though they move to another province?
4) she get above $1250 every month, sometimes she said it's walfare money, but sometimes she said it's child benefit for her children, usually how much money that government giving every child for child benefit?

I really confused for this issues, please help if somebody have any info

Thanks a lot

Dreamtwitch

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
You cannot sponsor someone while on welfare.

More information on eligibility:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-who.asp

kiwi123

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 9 2014
AOR Received.
SA - 27 August 2014
Med's Done....
5 July 2014
Passport Req..
2 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Dec 2014
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2015
Princess2014 said:
Dear friends

I have several issues,
Someone I know apply for PR, but her husband get walfare coz not working
1) is it possible for someone get walfare could sponsored her wife and her children?

Then they move to another province in Canada coz her husband get a job, but still accepted walfare from previous province where They were live before.

2) could somebody get walfare money even though he working?
3) is it possible that previous province support them (walfare money) even though they move to another province?
4) she get above $1250 every month, sometimes she said it's walfare money, but sometimes she said it's child benefit for her children, usually how much money that government giving every child for child benefit?

I really confused for this issues, please help if somebody have any info

Thanks a lot
1) No

2) Each province will be slightly different. This will depend on what his level of income is, number of dependents.

3) I believe wElfare is managed at a provincial level so each province may work differently. But I imagine they all require you to report if your situation changes(ie new job, change of address). I would be very surprised if what you are suggesting doesn't account to welfare fraud.

4) Will depend on income, number of children and province. I think you would need quite a few children to get that amount. I did a quick google search for this answer. Might be best if you do that since you know all information.

Princess2014

Jun 7, 2014
kiwi123 said:
1) No

2) Each province will be slightly different. This will depend on what his level of income is, number of dependents.

3) I believe wElfare is managed at a provincial level so each province may work differently. But I imagine they all require you to report if your situation changes(ie new job, change of address). I would be very surprised if what you are suggesting doesn't account to welfare fraud.

4) Will depend on income, number of children and province. I think you would need quite a few children to get that amount. I did a quick google search for this answer. Might be best if you do that since you know all information.
c

Thanks for answering, I tried to give more info :

2) I don't know his income, just only husband who working in this family (wife + 3 child from his wife previous married, not working)

3) the welfare she got from Quebec province when her husband not working, (the money transfer in wife bank account) , now they move to Alberta
if I not wrong she told me that they moving to Alberta without reported to immigration , but last I talked, she changes her story and said that told Quebec that she move ( a little bit weird )

No 4) he working in instruction company in Edmonton, (I don't know about his income) and have 3 children from his wife previous married

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If they moved provinces started working in Alberta and are still taking welfare from Quebec, this is fraud (i.e. a crime). It will certainly cause very big problems for any sponsorship application. Not only will the husband have to stop taking welfare in order to sponsor his wife and children, he will also have to repay the welfare money he took fraudulently.