+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring wife without a job

Gr8AmirM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hello Dear Experts

I have recently moved to Canada after 2 years of my first landing. I currently do not have a job. But I want to apply sponsorship for my wife. Is it OK with me If I apply now or should I wait for a job then should apply.

Kindly give your expert advice, keeping the following points in consideration.

I can show them about $10,000 - 14,000 bank statement.
I can show them a rent-free residence with my half-brother, who can give me a letter stating this.
My wife is educated, has almost a year airline experience and can work.

It is taking too much time for spouse sponsorship which is painful. I feel it is useless to site and wait for a job then apply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are no income requirements to sponsor your spouse. You can sponsor now.

Funmi Adeniyi

Jan 16, 2016
Hello Dear Experts

I have recently moved to Canada after 2 years of my first landing. I currently do not have a job. But I want to apply sponsorship for my wife. Is it OK with me If I apply now or should I wait for a job then should apply.

Kindly give your expert advice, keeping the following points in consideration.

I can show them about $10,000 - 14,000 bank statement.
I can show them a rent-free residence with my half-brother, who can give me a letter stating this.
My wife is educated, has almost a year airline experience and can work.

It is taking too much time for spouse sponsorship which is painful. I feel it is useless to site and wait for a job then apply.
I think you may need to show your employment paper I mean full time job stating how many hours per week and your total income for bio weekly. An application was returned in May simply because the sponsor did not include his original employment letter , but may be their rule has changed after May this year then I can't say. They want to see that you can take care of your spouse even if you have 15000$ in your account.

Reactions: Gr8AmirM

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you may need to show your employment paper I mean full time job stating how many hours per week and your total income for bio weekly. An application was returned in May simply because the sponsor did not include his original employment letter , but may be their rule has changed after May this year then I can't say. They want to see that you can take care of your spouse even if you have 15000$ in your account.
even with part time job that should be worked too. I have passed the eligibility with part time job.

Reactions: Gr8AmirM