+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring while applying for citizenship?

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
My husband is sponsoring me through outland and our status still shows "in process". Can he file for citizenship while he is sponsoring me? Replies will be appreciated.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
As long as he qualifies for citizenship, I don't see why he would not be able to apply... it takes a while to get everything done, so it's best to start early! :)
Sweden

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Sweden said:
As long as he qualifies for citizenship, I don't see why he would not be able to apply... it takes a while to get everything done, so it's best to start early! :)
Sweden
Sweden thank you for your reply. It has been a little rough for us recently. Seeing other people from the same VO got PPR while we are still in process really makes me upset. Can't stop worrying "there must be something wrong". Patience is a virtue. Obviously, that virtue is not a part of me.

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
bo12 said:
Sweden thank you for your reply. It has been a little rough for us recently. Seeing other people from the same VO got PPR while we are still in process really makes me upset. Can't stop worrying "there must be something wrong". Patience is a virtue. Obviously, that virtue is not a part of me.
Hey, talk to some of us about patience! I applied from the US in Sept 2011 and just got my PPR, while seeing other people from the US apply almost a year later and already landed in Canada. I have premature balding from pulling my hair out! ;D

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
JasonLee said:
Hey, talk to some of us about patience! I applied from the US in Sept 2011 and just got my PPR, while seeing other people from the US apply almost a year later and already landed in Canada. I have premature balding from pulling my hair out! ;D
I didn't expect the US VO could be that slow. The good thing is you got your PPR. The case is finalizing. You will be done with waiting. Congrats.

JasonLee

Aug 19, 2012
bo12 said:
I didn't expect the US VO could be that slow. The good thing is you got your PPR. The case is finalizing. You will be done with waiting. Congrats.
No, the wait has been due to the Ottawa office after Buffalo, NY closed. No matter, I'll be GLAD to be done. I had to wait over a year to bring my wife to the US originally, then a year and a half for me to get to Canada. We've been friends for 7 years, married for 3 years but only physically together for 1 yr. Definately glad it will soon be over and I pray yours will be too!

Lkrammy

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I applied for my Canadian Citizenship Grant November 2011 and submitted my sponsorship application for my husband this January - so in my ECAS I have two separate applications "In Process"

Totally do-able :)

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
JasonLee said:
No, the wait has been due to the Ottawa office after Buffalo, NY closed. No matter, I'll be GLAD to be done. I had to wait over a year to bring my wife to the US originally, then a year and a half for me to get to Canada. We've been friends for 7 years, married for 3 years but only physically together for 1 yr. Definately glad it will soon be over and I pray yours will be too!
Hope it moves smoothly.

bo12

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
Lkrammy said:
I applied for my Canadian Citizenship Grant November 2011 and submitted my sponsorship application for my husband this January - so in my ECAS I have two separate applications "In Process"

Totally do-able :)
It is cool to have two "in process". Hope those two can turn into "decision made" soon.