+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents who had Kidney Transplant in 2018

harry1990

Feb 1, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know or had a similar case of sponsoring parents who had a serious health condition in the past and have gone through a medical exam for PR?

- My father had a kidney transplant in 2018 and since then he is doing good as far as health is concerned. What are the chances of his getting approved.

Input from the forum users will be really appreciated and Thank you in advance for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know or had a similar case of sponsoring parents who had a serious health condition in the past and have gone through a medical exam for PR?

- My father had a kidney transplant in 2018 and since then he is doing good as far as health is concerned. What are the chances of his getting approved.

Input from the forum users will be really appreciated and Thank you in advance for your time.
It's really hard to say. I think you'll have to go through the process and see what happens. Generally speaking, the costs for kidney failure treatment is extremely high in Canada and this can often trigger medical inadmissibility. What works in your favour is that your father's transplant is recent. What works against him is the fact he needed the transplant and may require another transplant or dialysis in the future. As part of the medical, IRCC will look ahead and the next 5-10 years and assess if it's likely that your father will either need another transplant or may need dialysis or other treatment that will exceed $20K in costs per year.

Because his transplant is so recent and assuming he is 100% healthy otherwise, I think there's a chance he may be approved (although of course far from guaranteed). I would be prepared for the fact that you'll probably face additional medical tests and longer processing times. I think it's impossible for any of us to predict the outcome - but worth trying.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,

You might get rejected and lose your application fee.

harry1990

Feb 1, 2017
It's really hard to say. I think you'll have to go through the process and see what happens. Generally speaking, the costs for kidney failure treatment is extremely high in Canada and this can often trigger medical inadmissibility. What works in your favour is that your father's transplant is recent. What works against him is the fact he needed the transplant and may require another transplant or dialysis in the future. As part of the medical, IRCC will look ahead and the next 5-10 years and assess if it's likely that your father will either need another transplant or may need dialysis or other treatment that will exceed $20K in costs per year.

Because his transplant is so recent and assuming he is 100% healthy otherwise, I think there's a chance he may be approved (although of course far from guaranteed). I would be prepared for the fact that you'll probably face additional medical tests and longer processing times. I think it's impossible for any of us to predict the outcome - but worth trying.
Thank you very much :)