+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Kr123

Nov 14, 2016
kansie123 said:
Do we need to get the 10th certooficate translated in English too. My certificate is such that upper half is all in punjabi and lower half is all translated in english.
Ohh...yes you have to translated in English.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aparnam said:
Okay, I have an update: today I got an email asking for my parents' passports and their PR photos. The email starts off with "Please use this letter if you are currently residing in Bangladesh" but right now both of my parents are with me in Canada. The email has a section saying that residents of Bangladesh should submit the passports, etc to a Canadian Visa Application Centre in Bangladesh. But there is also a section for Canadian residents saying "If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”)."

I am a bit confused as to where to send the passports, etc because the beginning of the letter seems to imply that it's only applicable if my parents are in Bangladesh right now, which they aren't... Any advice? Has anybody been in this situation?
I think you're still safe to submit the passports/photos to CPC-O. You may check with CPC-O before sending them. But it may kill some time.

Are you in the SS? If not, would you be interested to enroll?

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am very very happy to share the news that - My parents today received email from CPC Ottawa to submit their Passports along with Photos to New Delhi visa office (through VFS). We are very relieved with this news. They were given 30 days to do this.

As I mentioned earlier, after Medicals and PCC were submitted, we were asked to provide Parentage between Sponsor and Principal applicant. We initially provide Birth certificate affidavit but they asked us to provide 10th Class school marks list or Cancelled Indian passport. They asked this info on Oct 25th.

We submitted Passport details ( with just first and last page). Now - we received this Passport Request.

My parents are at the last stage of this processing....before they land. Thanks friends for all the suggestions during this journey.

This forum rocks.

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
Quick question - Couple of days back my parents got the PR visa :D but they won't be here till Sept 2017 and I am planning to apply for my inlaws in 2017. So in this scenario, should I be including my parents in the total family count ???
I do not have any problem (financial) with adding them in the total count but as they won't be here so not sure if I need to add them or should update the file later (hopefully, once it's accepted).
TIA

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

I am very very happy to share the news that - My parents today received email from CPC Ottawa to submit their Passports along with Photos to New Delhi visa office (through VFS). We are very relieved with this news. They were given 30 days to do this.

As I mentioned earlier, after Medicals and PCC were submitted, we were asked to provide Parentage between Sponsor and Principal applicant. We initially provide Birth certificate affidavit but they asked us to provide 10th Class school marks list or Cancelled Indian passport. They asked this info on Oct 25th.

We submitted Passport details ( with just first and last page). Now - we received this Passport Request.

My parents are at the last stage of this processing....before they land. Thanks friends for all the suggestions during this journey.

This forum rocks.

This is great for you!!!! Did you only apply in 2015 and they are already at this stage? This seems a lot quicker then what I thought it would be.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
This is great for you!!!! Did you only apply in 2015 and they are already at this stage? This seems a lot quicker then what I thought it would be.
Where have you been? Even 2016 applicants are receiving PPR's now.

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
I've been reading the CIC website where it says they are currently processing Jan 2014 application and there are people who applied in 2014 that are still waiting for their approvals so I assumed that it would take 3 years or more.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
I got the email from CIC to there is some update to my file as I link my file to CIC account but there is nothing update or any new massage.
It's confuse me.
This happen second time.
Is there anyone else experiencing same issue.
Please advise.
Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
maulikpatel35 said:
I got the email from CIC to there is some update to my file as I link my file to CIC account but there is nothing update or any new massage.
It's confuse me.
This happen second time.
Is there anyone else experiencing same issue.
Please advise.
Thanks.
Just keep an eye on your MyCIC status and messages. It happened to lot of us (including me).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
I've been reading the CIC website where it says they are currently processing Jan 2014 application and there are people who applied in 2014 that are still waiting for their approvals so I assumed that it would take 3 years or more.
Well, in reality, all 2014-15-16 files are being processed at present. Statistically, 2014 is perhaps little ahead of the rest in terms of getting medical/PCC/Passport requests while 2015 and 2016 applications are being treated the same (same progress rate).

If you take a glance at the Stat / Chart sheet of 2015 PGP Timeline SS, you will know what is going on.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

I am very very happy to share the news that - My parents today received email from CPC Ottawa to submit their Passports
Many congratulations. Very happy for u guys! When you submitted medicals in Sept, how long after it showed medical pass in Mycic? After medicals whatever update you received if you can share that, I will be v grateful.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi All,

This forum rocks.
Congrats!!!
And it's nice to hear PPR news from Ottawa again. They're kinda slowing down a bit lately.

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
Rossei said:
Well, in reality, all 2014-15-16 files are being processed at present. Statistically, 2014 is perhaps little ahead of the rest in terms of getting medical/PCC/Passport requests while 2015 and 2016 applications are being treated the same (same progress rate).

If you take a glance at the Stat / Chart sheet of 2015 PGP Timeline SS, you will know what is going on.
Thanks Rossei! Those charts are great. I've been stressing about not meeting the LICO for the year 2018 as I will be on Maternity leave during that time. Hopefully everything will be completed by the end of 2018 and they wont need to review my 2018 salary in 2019.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rachel4511 said:
Thanks Rossei! Those charts are great. I've been stressing about not meeting the LICO for the year 2018 as I will be on Maternity leave during that time. Hopefully everything will be completed by the end of 2018 and they wont need to review my 2018 salary in 2019.
If you applied in 2015 or 2016; I'm very hopeful that you will be done by the 1st half of 2016. So, don't stress out especially if you're expecting in near future.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Rossei said:
If you applied in 2015 or 2016; I'm very hopeful that you will be done by the 1st half of 2016.
After medicals are done, how long should one expect to see medical results in MyCIC? Regional medical office is new delhi and visa office is London. I wonder if background check starts only after medicals are passed or parallel?