+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
Rossei said:
Thanks broham. You and SPVG are only SVO applicants remaining.

My mom didn't have to ultrasound.

Medical Requested: 10-Aug-2016
IME Done (incl. X-Ray, blood & urine): 17-Aug-2016 (London)
Additional Tests Done (Diabetes & Creatinine blood test): 23-Aug-2016 (Sarnia)
Docs (PCC etc.) Received by SVO: 26-Aug-2016
Medical result uploaded by Doctor: 6-Sep-2016
Medical Passed (MyCIC): 8-Sep-2016 (as if they were only waiting for medical)
Passport Requested: 12-Sep-2016

PS: The doctor delayed to upload medical results at least by a week. I had to contact them few times. The clinic sent me a copy of my mom's additional tests result which shows her creatinine was in normal range.
Congrats all of you who got the passport request. Our application is stuck because of a)my wife's medical which required further tests, the results of which will be known in October and b) a delay in me obtaining my PCC; my wife received hers more than a month ago.

We just have to be patient.
Congrats again especially to Rossei

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SPVG said:
Congrats all of you who got the passport request. Our application is stuck because of a)my wife's medical which required further tests, the results of which will be known in October and b) a delay in me obtaining my PCC; my wife received hers more than a month ago.

We just have to be patient.
Congrats again especially to Rossei
Thanks. :)

Hope everything turns out good for both of you. SVO is eagerly waiting to finish up cases.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if going on EI is going to cause any problems for you. EI is wellfare not financial assistance. You should double check.
Just try to find another job. We have 3.5 months left of 2016.

bienew said:
Hi guys,

My application for PGP got accepted in Jan 2016 (with NOA for 2012, 2013 and 2014),

Got laid off in 2016 , met the NOA for income in 2015 though,

Please let me know, if CIC asks for NOA again,

Ideally I might get a job again, if not what shall I do,

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Just got visa back from CPC Ottawa after 2 weeks of passport submission. Landing this weekend. :)
You were worrying for nothing. Most likely, SVO would have taken little longer + additional cost of courier.

Which border are you going to for landing? U-turn or flag-pole or US Visa? Let us know.

Happy landing!!! ;)

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
You were worrying for nothing. Most likely, SVO would have taken little longer + additional cost of courier.

Which border are you going to for landing? U-turn or flag-pole or US Visa? Let us know.

Happy landing!!! ;)
Haha I know. Try to be in my shoes. 14 days into the process with no Approved status and seeing others got approved in just 2-3 days and you will see :)) But I guess each stream get processed slightly different. Or they changed the process somehow there so you don't see any update until you get your visa back. Oh well, they did what they had to and returned the visa in 2 week time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Haha I know. Try to be in my shoes. 14 days into the process with no Approved status and seeing others got approved in just 2-3 days and you will see :)) But I guess each stream get processed slightly different. Or they changed the process somehow there so you don't see any update until you get your visa back. Oh well, they did what they had to and returned the visa in 2 week time.
I didn't know that there is "approval" status for visa stamping. I guess you can just track your packages. Besides, as far I've seen in the forum, most passports got back in 2 weeks from Ottawa whereas it takes 4 - 5 weeks for SVO. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

BTW, when was the visa issued?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
I didn't know that there is "approval" status for visa stamping. I guess you can just track your packages. Besides, as far I've seen in the forum, most passports got back in 2 weeks from Ottawa whereas it takes 4 - 5 weeks for SVO. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

BTW, when was the visa issued?
When the passport and everything is good and they approve it, your mycic status will change to approved and closed after whatever days. PP received August 30 visa approved Sep 2 but didn't get sent out until Sep 14 and status didn't change to Approved until Sep 14. So only God knows their logic.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
vnexpress said:
Just got visa back from CPC Ottawa after 2 weeks of passport submission. Landing this weekend. :)
Congrats vnexpress! How long the landing visa is valid until? From your other conversation from Rossei I can see the visa stamping can be tracked through my cic ?

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Lol my parents got the further document request from New Delhi office. As my dad served in the Indian army, but what surprises me is the following request:-------

- Please find enclosed Schedule A [IMM5669 form] to be completed by you and your spouse. Please provide answers to all the questions. You are requested to provide details since your 18th birthday in response to questions 8 (Personal history) on Page 2 and questions No.12 (Addresses) on Page 3 for you and your dependents. Kindly note that failure to account for all time periods [since your 18th birthday] will result in a delay in the processing of your application.

Imm5669 clearly says that it's either from the time you turn 18 or 10 years from today, whichever is most recent. Definitely my parents are in 70s but Delhi guys need it since they turned 18 lol

Not gonna debate with them but definitely Delhi has different style of processing files than other offices around the world.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
drunkhead said:
Lol my parents got the further document request from New Delhi office. As my dad served in the Indian army, but what surprises me is the following request:-------

- Please find enclosed Schedule A [IMM5669 form] to be completed by you and your spouse. Please provide answers to all the questions. You are requested to provide details since your 18th birthday in response to questions 8 (Personal history) on Page 2 and questions No.12 (Addresses) on Page 3 for you and your dependents. Kindly note that failure to account for all time periods [since your 18th birthday] will result in a delay in the processing of your application.

Imm5669 clearly says that it's either from the time you turn 18 or 10 years from today, whichever is most recent. Definitely my parents are in 70s but Delhi guys need it since they turned 18 lol

Not gonna debate with them but definitely Delhi has different style of processing files than other offices around the world.
Singapore-VO asked the same for my mom. She never had any govt. position or such. Most of the time she acted as a housewife.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
They request me same documents and I had same question in my mind.
New Delhi people are so choosy.
Thanks.

**********************************************************************************
drunkhead said:

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
maulikpatel35 said:
They request me same documents and I had same question in my mind.
New Delhi people are so choosy.
Thanks.

**********************************************************************************

Lol or right word would be "different".

It's even when you travel to India, I was there last month for few days, and these guys will check the same passport 10 times before you board the flight. "Dude that passport didn't change since your first guy saw it".

It's definitely a unique experience dealing with them, roller coaster ride.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Has anybody sent an email to CIC Ottawa after they have linked they application to MyCIC account? Because I wrote them an email and usually I get an automated response after it saying the email was received by them. But since I linked my application, I don't get the automated response and I want to send scanned copies of documents and worried if they will receive them. There's no way to upload documents on MyCIC unless they requested it from there. The initial request was made by email before I linked my application.
If anyone sent an email and never got autoated response, please let me know if you got any confirmation that the email was well received or if process completed as a result?

Thank you.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
Has anybody sent an email to CIC Ottawa after they have linked they application to MyCIC account? Because I wrote them an email and usually I get an automated response after it saying the email was received by them. But since I linked my application, I don't get the automated response and I want to send scanned copies of documents and worried if they will receive them. There's no way to upload documents on MyCIC unless they requested it from there. The initial request was made by email before I linked my application.
If anyone sent an email and never got autoated response, please let me know if you got any confirmation that the email was well received or if process completed as a result?

Thank you.
I didn't get any response as well, just sent them everything a couple of days ago.