Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Re: where to send PCC for parents in CPC Ottawa LVO

sameer76 said:
Thanks for your reply. This is the email my parents received...
"

Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

The above information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter.
Exactly they send me the same email, they have to submit the fees & mediacal in 30 days and PCC in 45 days. But in bottom they mentioned that don't submit original unless asked.

sameer76

Dec 22, 2014

punchshp said:
Exactly they send me the same email, they have to submit the fees & mediacal in 30 days and PCC in 45 days. But in bottom they mentioned that don't submit original unless asked.
Yes they do say " Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned." at the bottom of the email. However at the start of the email where they request the certificate, they say " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from India. " So I am assuming that from India they need a original PCC not jsut a scanned one?

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
I still can not link my application to MYCIC. Tried all combinations possible! I emailed the Police certificate to the same email address requested it! no update yet after...

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got medical+PCC+RPRF request for parents yesterday from Ottawa. (App submitted Jan 2015).

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
Hi Everyone,

Question:It has been 1.5 years since I became Permanent Resident of Canada, Can I sponsor my parents for PR in Canada? I do meet income requirements since I arrived till now but I checked CIC website and they said we need to provide THREE years notice of assessment from CRA. But how does that apply in my case where it has been less than 3 years in Canada?

Please let me know if I am ineligible to sponsor parents until I have 3 years notice of assessments or only my days since arrived will be enough to prove I am meeting LICO requirements?

Thank you

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
alijpro said:
Hi Everyone,

Question:It has been 1.5 years since I became Permanent Resident of Canada, Can I sponsor my parents for PR in Canada? I do meet income requirements since I arrived till now but I checked CIC website and they said we need to provide THREE years notice of assessment from CRA. But how does that apply in my case where it has been less than 3 years in Canada?

Please let me know if I am ineligible to sponsor parents until I have 3 years notice of assessments or only my days since arrived will be enough to prove I am meeting LICO requirements?

Thank you
You have to present income tax for 3 consecutive years immediately precedent the application year. That rule applies to everyone who wish to sponsor parents so you need to wait until you can fulfill this requirement. The income test for parents is called MNI that is 30% above LICO.

alijpro

Star Member
Oct 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga -> Ottawa -> Islamabad -> London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012 - ECAS: Application Received
Doc's Request.
Nov 2013 - Forms Updated, RePCC
AOR Received.
June 2012 - Sponsor Eligibility : Passed
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Aug 2014 - ECAS: In Process
Med's Done....
Aug 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 2014 - PPR1 & PP2, ECAS: Decision Made
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
May 2015 - ECAS: Complete
vnexpress said:
You have to present income tax for 3 consecutive years immediately precedent the application year. That rule applies to everyone who wish to sponsor parents so you need to wait until you can fulfill this requirement. The income test for parents is called MNI that is 30% above LICO.
Thanks for reply, So is the only option left for me is H&C? My mother is here on visit visa and she does not have any other kids back in my home country? Both her kids are Permanent Resident of Canada. She is a widow and does not have a property or close relatives to go back to. Does that sound like a good case for H&C application?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
alijpro said:
Thanks for reply, So is the only option left for me is H&C? My mother is here on visit visa and she does not have any other kids back in my home country? Both her kids are Permanent Resident of Canada. She is a widow and does not have a property or close relatives to go back to. Does that sound like a good case for H&C application?
I don't think being a single mom would compel a H&C case. Indeed even more critical cases get rejected. Only minister or minister delegate get to decide on H&C cases and to apply as H&C your mother must have at least one inadmissible factor that bar her from applying through other regular streams, which she doesn't have. Even if you want to try to apply under H&C, it will take YEARS before your case can be finalized. Your best option seems to be waiting until you're qualified to sponsor her under Parents stream.

In other words, H&C doesn't simply mean (1) they look at the case on humanitarian basis, but (2) the applicant must fail to satisfy any of the immigration regulations due to special reasons. She doesn't have the factor (2) so she won't be qualified under H&C right in the beginning.

concernedson

Jan 22, 2016
Hi everyone,
My mother is living with me here in Canada. I got the SA in july and my mothers case was forwarded to London since her application indicates a Pakistani home address. Should I get the address updated? Would it make any difference in the application process/ processing time?

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
alijpro said:
I'm the only child in my family.
My grandparents died before I was born.
My dad passed away when I was 13. He had no siblings.
My mom is an orphan, so no relatives what so ever.
She's widowed. We're in very bad shape ever since my dad passed away and we have no property back in home country.

I spent 10+ years to make myself eligible (immigrant status wise and financially) for sponsoring my mom.
I would suggest you just be a little bit patient and wait a year or two until you're eligible to sponsor your mom.

mysore

Jan 17, 2015

sameer76 said:
Yes they do say " Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned." at the bottom of the email. However at the start of the email where they request the certificate, they say " Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate from India. " So I am assuming that from India they need a original PCC not jsut a scanned one?
Sameer, I obtained the PCC from India as well and in the CIC's email they asked me to send the "scanned copy of the original PCC" to the email address. In fact they asked me to respond back to that very email itself in addition to the other cost recovery email id I mentioned earlier. Based on the wordings in the email sent to you, I think it must be an omission of the word scanned copy. To be safe, I think you should call CIC and confirm. I dont think there is any requirement to send in the original PCC to them unless they specifically ask for it in no uncertain terms. Best to call them and clarify (if you can get them to answer that is).

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the PPR (Passport submission request) on August 26, 2016 to New Delhi. Good luck to all.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
I got PPR from Singapore today.

App received Jan 5 2015
Date of transfer June 22
Doc request July 22
PPR August 29

Processing time at Singapore: 2 months

Good luck everyone!

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
When did you done your parents medical. and when did you get medical request.
Thanks.

quote author=mcgill_engr link=topic=248893.msg5420521#msg5420521 date=1472555172]
Got the PPR (Passport submission request) on August 26, 2016 to New Delhi. Good luck to all.
[/quote]

sameer76

Dec 22, 2014

mysore said:
Sameer, I obtained the PCC from India as well and in the CIC's email they asked me to send the "scanned copy of the original PCC" to the email address. In fact they asked me to respond back to that very email itself in addition to the other cost recovery email id I mentioned earlier. Based on the wordings in the email sent to you, I think it must be an omission of the word scanned copy. To be safe, I think you should call CIC and confirm. I dont think there is any requirement to send in the original PCC to them unless they specifically ask for it in no uncertain terms. Best to call them and clarify (if you can get them to answer that is).
Thanks for your suggestion. I called couple of times and each time got the standard answer - "Do what the instructions in your email say" :)