+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
My mom received the PCC, Medical request, re submission f Schedule A from Singapore on July 11 via email. They only gave us 30 days to complete everything. Everything must be sent in one envelope by mail - no option to upload the file (excluding the medical which Dr will send directly). I'm scrambling like crazy as my mom has been here for 2.5 years, so she needs PCC from Canada as well as from my home country. My dad is her non- accompanying dependent, but he also has to get his medical as well as pcc done. They also asked us to resubmit schedule A and they wanted the info all the way back since both were 18! - when we first submitted our application we only included their details in the past 10 years. Both of them are 70 now,trying to get the info of 52 years ago is not easy. We are trying our best to get everything done by August 11.
You do not need PCC from Canada. I think several members have confirmed this and also official source on their website also states applicants living in Canada do not need to submit PCC from Canada.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
You do not need PCC from Canada. I think several members have confirmed this and also official source on their website also states applicants living in Canada do not need to submit PCC from Canada.
I think she does. She's been living in Canada for 2.5 years.

This is what I copied from the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp:

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.
For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:

This is what I copied from the CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp:

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.
For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.
Doesn't apply for Canada. You can confirm with Singapore again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

But this information is official

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed. If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions. You must bring:

A full electronic set of fingerprints on form C-216C taken by one of these accredited companies or police services
A complete application form (available on the RCMP website)
Reason for your request (eg. For immigration)
Your full name
Date of birth
Sex
Mailing address
Phone number (and/or fax number and/or e-mail address)
Applicable fees

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Yes you will need PCC in Canada if they have been here or any country for more than 6 months. Getting PCC in Canada is just 1 hour job. Go to the closest RCMP with passport and a photo id.

broham said:

For example:

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Felixo said:
Yes you will need PCC in Canada if they have been here or any country for more than 6 months. Getting PCC in Canada is just 1 hour job. Go to the closest RCMP with passport and a photo id.
Thank you Felixo. I got them done already on the weekend, RCMP said it will take about 2-6 weeks for the certificate to arrive. Does it take that long???
I am so afraid that I will not be able to get the PCC back within 30 days that Singapore wanted :(

I just emailed Singapore to confirm too. Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
Hi All,

I would really appreciate if someone advise how can i send my parents PCC to CIC ?

i:e via scanned copy via e-mail (whats email address) or via regular post ?

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
jhutti said:
Yeah use BLS for PCC.

For medical, takes diabetic medication that is being taken & show it to the doctor. When booking appointment, tell the lady that you do not have indian doctor prescription/records but will bring medicines being taken regularly.
thanks.. applied PCC today and got appointment for medicals next week.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
General question here..

What is the next step after medical, PCC and fee payment is done?

Do they ask for birth cert. of parents any time during the process? Both my parents and in-laws don't have birth certificate...

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
broham said:
My mom received the PCC, Medical request, re submission f Schedule A from Singapore on July 11 via email. They only gave us 30 days to complete everything. Everything must be sent in one envelope by mail - no option to upload the file (excluding the medical which Dr will send directly). I'm scrambling like crazy as my mom has been here for 2.5 years, so she needs PCC from Canada as well as from my home country. My dad is her non- accompanying dependent, but he also has to get his medical as well as pcc done. They also asked us to resubmit schedule A and they wanted the info all the way back since both were 18! - when we first submitted our application we only included their details in the past 10 years. Both of them are 70 now,trying to get the info of 52 years ago is not easy. We are trying our best to get everything done by August 11.
Hi,

IMM 5669 (Schedule A) clearly says to provide personal or address history since you are 18 or past 10 years whichever is recent. For our parents it would definitely be past 10 years. Did the visa officer specifically ask you to provide information since your parents are 18? If you dont mind can you please share the email? I was also surprised why they have given you 30 days for police clearance ? Thats too tight. Did an officer email you or it was a generic email? I was wondering whether an applicant can email back and ask for some extra days for pcc? Thanks

ss85

Sunil_JZ

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Felixo said:
I say this not to be confrontational but the point of these forums is that we collectively provide the best information for people to use.

Note the wording. They say 'In general' this leaves the statement open to possible exceptions. And when you look at what is required if you live in Canada, you see that this is the exception. They will ask for a PCC if they need it, you do not have to provide one.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss85 said:
Hi,

IMM 5669 (Schedule A) clearly says to provide personal or address history since you are 18 or past 10 years whichever is recent. For our parents it would definitely be past 10 years. Did the visa officer specifically ask you to provide information since your parents are 18? If you dont mind can you please share the email? I was also surprised why they have given you 30 days for police clearance ? Thats too tight. Did an officer email you or it was a generic email? I was wondering whether an applicant can email back and ask for some extra days for pcc? Thanks

ss85
Wording is confusing but it seems if person is of age 27. He has to provide from 17 age ie 10 years. If person is of age 40 or 50. Then from age 18. If parents at age 70. Provide details since their age 18. Add additional sheet.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sunil_JZ said:
I say this not to be confrontational but the point of these forums is that we collectively provide the best information for people to use.

Note the wording. They say 'In general' this leaves the statement open to possible exceptions. And when you look at what is required if you live in Canada, you see that this is the exception. They will ask for a PCC if they need it, you do not have to provide one.
OK. I think i should pitch in as well here.

If the applicant has stayed in Canada for >6mths then

1. PCC from Canada to be submitted with "Application for Permanent Residence" ? : NO

2. PCC from Canada to be submitted when PCC from home country or other countries is requested at later stages of Application ?: YES

3. Is getting PCC from RCMP Canada a one hour job...NO. (as per my information and various experiences, it takes one week to four weeks)

If anyone has conflicting information please share...

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
broham said:
Thank you Felixo. I got them done already on the weekend, RCMP said it will take about 2-6 weeks for the certificate to arrive. Does it take that long???
I am so afraid that I will not be able to get the PCC back within 30 days that Singapore wanted :(

I just emailed Singapore to confirm too. Hopefully I will hear back tomorrow.
Broham, not sure why it takes them that long time. I got it done in Mississauga. Got it within an hour.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ak_indi said:
OK. I think i should pitch in as well here.

If the applicant has stayed in Canada for >6mths then

1. PCC from Canada to be submitted with "Application for Permanent Residence" ? : NO

2. PCC from Canada to be submitted when PCC from home country or other countries is requested at later stages of Application ?: YES

3. Is getting PCC from RCMP Canada a one hour job...NO. (as per my information and various experiences, it takes one week to four weeks)

If anyone has conflicting information please share...
Absolutely correct. Myself and other family members and friends when applying for PR never had to submit PCC for Canada.

This is my understanding and based on official sources as well as other reliable resources too.

As part of admissibility check, IRCC will automatically run criminal checks with RCMP for ALL applicants therefore the Canadian records will automatically be discovered, unless a name match happens at that point they will ask for fingerprint. Typically RCMP only provide PCC when people try to apply for OTHER COUNTRIES, not Canada.

PCC is NOT requried for Canada. IRCC will tell applicants if they require PCC from Canada, it happens when they run checks on RCMP system and a name match happens but that is very unlikely. A general PCC request mean all countries EXCEPT Canada. I am not sure why some people opt to invite more troubles to themselves by reading it not the way it is written very clearly on CIC website .

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
Broham, not sure why it takes them that long time. I got it done in Mississauga. Got it within an hour.
Mate, did you got it from RCMP or its affiliate or just a regional police (Peel police) in your case ?
As per my knowledge only Regional police give it in an hour...not RCMP with fingerprints