+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
Don't know if it's relevant but I got an email confirming that all the documents have been received at the visa office.

I got a request to submit supporting docs from Delhi office and this email confirms that the docs have been received by them.
Strange...normally they do not send email confirmation for documents sent by post.
How did you sent your documents...and which courier ?
Did you sent a scan copy of all those documents as well ?
tnks

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I myself find it very strange, maybe its new policy and depends on their visa officer too?

My parents sent the documents in India, but I don't know which courier service they used.

ak_indi said:
Strange...normally they do not send email confirmation for documents sent by post.
How did you sent your documents...and which courier ?
Did you sent a scan copy of all those documents as well ?
tnks

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Good day

just have some few question with regards to the additional documents that i received last july 6.

1) need to pay for the rprf ( 3 applicant )
Father- 490 ( principal applicant)
Mother- 490 ( principal spouse )
Brother - ( dependent children) no need to pay?

* question is i only need to pay 980? is that right? so for my brother which is dependent child i dont need to pay rprf?

thanks for any info.
reagrds to all

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, I am getting my parents to do medical here (they are on super visa) in Canada. But will fly out next week for get rest( education certificates, old passports, PCC)
& submit the documents to Delhi office from india.
I could see no PPR request coming from Delhi office so far . I have hunch they may delay till Christmas time due to quota system.
I wonder is it okay for my parents to fly back to Canada and wait for PPR from Delhi but get it stamped from Ottawa. Will visa office change request required separately.
The file’s mailing address is set to Canada address. Comments /suggestions are welcome

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is normally LVO (say New Delhi) fussy about putting staple pins on forms individually or should it be kept all pages unstapled? I read somewhere that forms/documents should not be stapled...is it true? I am concerned about stapling the forms..not documents

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
Hi Guys, I am getting my parents to do medical here (they are on super visa) in Canada. But will fly out next week for get rest( education certificates, old passports, PCC)
I could see no PPR request coming from Delhi office so far . I have hunch they may delay till Christmas time due to quota system.
I wonder is it okay for my parents to fly back to Canada and wait for PPR from Delhi but get it stamped from Ottawa. Will visa office change request required separately.
The file’s mailing address is set to Canada address. Comments /suggestions are welcome
I am in the same boat...I am planning to wait and see where PPR stamping request is coming from and then act accordingly

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jhutti said:
As long as both your parents are in Canada at the time of PPR then you should be able to get visa issued from Ottawa. They say you need to be in Canada for 3 months but it only takes 2 weeks to get passport back from Ottawa (as long as Canada Post don't strike).

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any ideas about which courier service to use to send documents to NDVO....suggestions pls

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
soonihope said:
As long as both your parents are in Canada at the time of PPR then you should be able to get visa issued from Ottawa. They say you need to be in Canada for 3 months but it only takes 2 weeks to get passport back from Ottawa (as long as Canada Post don't strike).
Do they officially allow this? I remember seeing something like this somewhere but not sure about the procedure. If Visa is finalized by visa offices can we request the stamping be done in Ottawa because parents stay here? Do we need to request or visa offices will do it automatically? It's still a long way to go but I just want to make sure this is possible because sending passport back and forth from Canada is risky

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
Any news from Singapore Visa Office?
Neither have I, since June 14.

My mom is here with me, I'm wondering if she should get criminal record and medical done before we get the letter from CIC.
She's been here for 2.5 years, so she would need the criminal record check from Canada as well as from our home country. I'd like to have everything ready as CIC will likely give 30 days to send the documents back. Request for a criminal record check from our home country could take longer then 30 days. It's a good idea to prepare ahead.

For those of you who already received the CIC request, is there a specific instruction for medical check or is finger print required for the criminal record check?

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
broham said:
Neither have I, since June 14.

My mom is here with me, I'm wondering if she should get criminal record and medical done before we get the letter from CIC.
She's been here for 2.5 years, so she would need the criminal record check from Canada as well as from our home country. I'd like to have everything ready as CIC will likely give 30 days to send the documents back. Request for a criminal record check from our home country could take longer then 30 days. It's a good idea to prepare ahead.

For those of you who already received the CIC request, is there a specific instruction for medical check or is finger print required for the criminal record check?
But police clearance certificate is probably valid for 6 months only.

Regina#1

Jan 27, 2015
I have a same scenario for my mom application. Just 1st acknowledgement received. Asking from CIC call center at different times but no one is willing to go into the file to check status. Just said please watch it online. very frustrating situation.

Regina#1

Jan 27, 2015
salil said:
I am in the same boat. I called up CIC few minutes back, requesting I may have missed some communication that may have been sent to my mothers home address. She checked and confirmed that CIC has not sent any communication and initial assessment is under progress.

So we can't help but just wait.
I have a same scenario for my mom application. Just 1st acknowledgement received. Asking from CIC call center at different times but no one is willing to go into the file to check status. Just said please watch it online. very frustrating situation.