+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

namesnik

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anybody with delivery time Jan 2, 12:33 using FedEx have their credit card charged?

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
xenon said:
you can call CIC and they will tell you the date your application was received and if it was a complete application. If they have opened your application that is.
i just call cic again. the agent told me that the information they gave yesterday was not final (about completeness, rankings etc.). the call center received instructions from Mississauga regarding that. the agent checked for any notes and just confirmed that it was received 2 jan. looks like call center provided more information than it was allowed to.
i think this is completely wrong if they want to hide the internals of the process where every minute matters.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
CatherineL said:
Congrats Xenon too!

I called yesterday around 12. I didn't know that I could get the ranking so I didn't ask that question. But I did ask her if I made the 5000 cap, she said yes and she said mine application was processed on Jan12 and everything looks fine.
It seems that they are not giving out that info anymore though. Maybe too many people was trying to find out about that.
YES!!!! Mine was processed on Jan 10 and was deemed complete, which means mine should be good to go too. Only thing is I paid by cert. cheque, so I won't find out right away!!!

Buleleng10

Jan 20, 2015
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
cvac
App. Filed.......
January 2015
Doc's Request.
July 5 2016
AOR Received.
July 5 2016
File Transfer...
July 4 2016
Med's Request
July 5 2016
Med's Done....
July 22 2016
Interview........
Decision Made
Passport Req..
May 1 2017
VISA ISSUED...
May 5 2017
LANDED..........
June.....2017
Good day to everyone I'm just a newbie here and I applied to sponsor my parents last January 2 2015.
I just wanna ask if how would you know if your application is accepted in the 5000 cap.? Are the fees already taken in the account or it will take time? Thank you

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Buleleng10 said:
Good day to everyone I'm just a newbie here and I applied to sponsor my parents last January 2 2015.
I just wanna ask if how would you know if your application is accepted in the 5000 cap.? Are the fees already taken in the account or it will take time? Thank you
if you used credit card as a payment method, you will see a charge on it. Some of them here inlcuding myself sent their applications on Jan 2 are seeing charges on credit card

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
My cc is not charged yet. Doubts keep creeping what I did wrong. Application reached Jan 2 afternoon.
Can someone please help, what amount were we suppose to put in question 8, IMM 5768 (minimum necessary income).
total # of household people including sponsored parents = 4.

Are they returning applications due to mistakes on some questions? If so, it would mean they are reviewing all questions. Thank you for kind responses.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
i just call cic again. the agent told me that the information they gave yesterday was not final (about completeness, rankings etc.). the call center received instructions from Mississauga regarding that. the agent checked for any notes and just confirmed that it was received 2 jan. looks like call center provided more information than it was allowed to.
i think this is completely wrong if they want to hide the internals of the process where every minute matters.
It is now getting on my nerves, Fedex Jan 02 delivery and still no charges. Getting mixed to no response from CIC. Aparently they have decided to not to disclose the status or notes or 4xxx number anymore. I am now sure that they used lottery system or random selection for after 10am deliveries cause i have seen later delievered CC charged but not mine. Hope its all OK. I am tensed now.

CatherineL

Aug 27, 2014
kevinsouza said:
YES!!!! Mine was processed on Jan 10 and was deemed complete, which means mine should be good to go too. Only thing is I paid by cert. cheque, so I won't find out right away!!!
Congrats! According to the time, yours was processed earlier than mine. You should be good! I hope other people will hear good news soon too. This is so stressful and emotional for everybody.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
All applications delivered on Jan 2nd made the 5000 cap, based on information I collected so far.
Also by end of the first open day, 5000 complete applications were not reached.
Stick around~~~

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
My cc is not charged yet. Doubts keep creeping what I did wrong. Application reached Jan 2 afternoon.
Can someone please help, what amount were we suppose to put in question 8, IMM 5768 (minimum necessary income).
total # of household people including sponsored parents = 4.

Are they returning applications due to mistakes on some questions? If so, it would mean they are reviewing all questions. Thank you for kind responses.
Call CIC, they will tell you if your app was received and complete

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ak_indi said:
It is now getting on my nerves, Fedex Jan 02 delivery and still no charges. Getting mixed to no response from CIC. Aparently they have decided to not to disclose the status or notes or 4xxx number anymore. I am now sure that they used lottery system or random selection for after 10am deliveries cause i have seen later delievered CC charged but not mine. Hope its all OK. I am tensed now.
Hi ak_indi,

my application reached there on Jan 2nd 11:33 am by FedEx. No cc change yet. When I called FedEx on Jan 2nd they told me the application reached after 12:30 pm due to line up. The driver scanned it before the signature. Do you know who signed when they delivered your application? When I called CIC yesterday they just told me that CIC received it on Jan 2nd, no completeness , no #. Do you know anyone's 11:33 FedEx application had credit card changed ? Hopefully we are still in the cap .