+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
kevinsouza said:
guys!
Purolator was there on time. I called them at 11.30am Toronto time and the agent said the courier guy had been waiting in line for a couple of hours. Their commitment was to get our stuff there by 9am.
It's like saying the Puolator guy got to my place at 8.45 am for a delivery; I held him up for a couple of hours, and then I say it's his fault. Also, why would they put down the time the signature was received? that would surely open them up to being questioned.
It is NOT their fault that the line up was long or it was way too busy. We are all anxious, but we need some real perspective here.
When I had a chat with an agent he told me that my package was delivered by 8:45 and was actually just scanned later. Other guys say that the driver was still in line. What they say to different people doesn't match. On second thoughts, this stamp might be a third party proof between us and cic to say "hey, how comes we miss the quota 45 minutes after the PGP program resumes?"

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
nonos said:
How is it confirmed? did you speak with any of their representatives and they assured you that the actual time was 1:30pm? this is strange because some of us sent their applications and paid more to use before 9am service. Its very confusing...
Yes. I have a few clients used Purolator whose tracking says 8:45am but haven't gotten cc charged. So I talked to Purolator (not representatives) but my account manager).

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya61x said:
Yes. I have a few clients used Purolator whose tracking says 8:45am but haven't gotten cc charged. So I talked to Purolator (not representatives) but my account manager).
do you work for Purolator ya61x?

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeinshahallah said:
Guys good news 8:45 Purolator got credit card charged tonight.... Will post details tomorrow morning !!!! :D :D :D :D
So aside from "hopeinshahallah" having his CC charged yesterday...have we heard anything else today?
Seems things are at a standstill?

Just hoping they get to those UPS apps delivered on Monday Jan 5

ANXIOUS... :eek:

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
nonos said:
I agree that it maybe delayed for reasons out of their control however the actual delivery time should be reported ... why the signature and time was there at 8:45am and the true time differs. For me it looks unprofessional and misleading information.
maybe most of us here won't complain, but i'm ure here'll be tons of others who will. again, if ours got there on Jan 2nd, I hope and think we'll make the cut :)

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
I just rang my CC company and there are no pending transactions unfortunately :(

I also rang Purolator to try and get a bit more information about what actually happened. The agent kept insisting that my package was scanned and signed for by Stephanie Reid at 8.45am. Hard to believe. There are so many stories flying around, I would just love to know exactly what happened that day.

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows once file gets accepted what timeline we are looking at? Our parents application go into same pool of current 40,000-50,000 pending applications or since it's less quota and different criteria they are doing fast track? Any idea/thoughts/insight?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
davidkaren said:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone knows once file gets accepted what timeline we are looking at? Our parents application go into same pool of current 40,000-50,000 pending applications or since it's less quota and different criteria they are doing fast track? Any idea/thoughts/insight?
Where do you get the numbers from?

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
civic said:
Where do you get the numbers from?
When Canadian Govt. Stopped taking application for Parent Sponsorship backlog was about 100k. They said for the next 2 years they are planning to take intake of 25k/year in order to reduce backlog. That gets us left with 50k remaining application (at starting of 2014). They said for next year i.e. 2014 they will process 20k application that left us with 30k backlog (at start of 2015) and govt. were added with 5k more application for 2014 (new criteria) and 5k for 2015 (new criteria). So total comes to 40k (30k previous + 10k new criteria). This is my calculation but I could be wrong here if yes please correct me.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
butlergerrard said:
Is CIC working today? ::)
No CC charged being reported today. Just curious ???
I assume they are charging those from "thousands of items" from Purolator truck but not those from the forum yet.

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
Hi guys my husbands CC was charged on 14th Jan, I can't update this information in the document. The charge was for Jan 2nd 11:21. Please update the same.

My parents document must be incomplete therefore it was not charged :(, same day and time delivery.

hopeinshahallah

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificates Sent Along with the Application
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with application
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
along with RPRF & Biodata request / ECAS updated to "Decision Made": 14-06-2013 / Passport Sent: 14-06-2013 / Passport & COPR Received: 05-Jul-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-June-2013
LANDED..........
06-July-2013 (Fort Erie, Peace Bridge U-Turn)
Hi,

did you got the application back, how did you found the application incomplete ?

SantoshSharma said:
Hi guys my husbands CC was charged on 14th Jan, I can't update this information in the document. The charge was for Jan 2nd 11:21. Please update the same.

My parents document must be incomplete therefore it was not charged :(, same day and time delivery.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
hopeinshahallah: Whose Purolator application got charged?

hopeinshahallah said:
Guys good news 8:45 Purolator got credit card charged tonight.... Will post details tomorrow morning !!!! :D :D :D :D