+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
civic said:
I went to the bank and tried to buy certified cheque for the application. They told me certified cheque is money order and issued me a money order payable to Receiver General for Canada for $550.

Would it be ok because CIC clearly states it must be certified cheque ?
Get a certified cheque or use your credit card. Certified cheque is NOT a money order. Its your own personal cheque that is certified. CIC is very specific in the form of payment for a reason. Its another way to assess your financial capability.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,
I am working on my Mother's sponsorship application and I have a question
I got my PR this year in april. I was not working in 2012 so I dont have a NOA for 2013
What should I do?
I am working full time now so should I attach a job letter showing my current income and a cover letter explaining the whole thing

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Capricorn2012 said:
Hi Everyone,
I am working on my Mother's sponsorship application and I have a question
I got my PR this year in april. I was not working in 2012 so I dont have a NOA for 2013
What should I do?
I am working full time now so should I attach a job letter showing my current income and a cover letter explaining the whole thing
I'm sorry to tell you this, but I think you can't apply for Parent Sponsorship until years later. You need to be working and filing tax return for 3 consecutive years to be eligible. No pay stub, employment letter or cover letter can act as income proof.

You're not working in 2012, so I guess your first NOA would be 2013 (that received in mid 2014). Once you receive all 2013, 2014, 2015 NOA (assume they all meet requirement), you are eligible to apply for Parent Sponsorship, which will be Jan 2017.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:
Get a certified cheque or use your credit card. Certified cheque is NOT a money order. Its your own personal cheque that is certified. CIC is very specific in the form of payment for a reason. Its another way to assess your financial capability.
Filing the application again just because i was misinformed by BMO teller :-\

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billinky said:
Hello,
Yes the estimated delivery is Jan 5th with a sticker on the envelope indicating a 9 A.M delivery only.
Hmm interesting… I also mailed my package from Alberta yesterday and was told that Jan 2 delivery wouldn't be a problem...

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
alinka said:
Hmm interesting... I also mailed my package from Alberta yesterday and was told that Jan 2 delivery wouldn't be a problem...

Hello,
I sent my package off on Dec 31 with a 3pm pickup time for the truck.
Jan 1st being a holiday nothing will move not even Canada post.
So it should start moving on Jan 2nd.
My tracking number only indicates that it was picked up on Dec 31 and nothing after that.
I am assuming that on Jan 2 it will update.
Purolator will not deliver on weekends which is good as I requested a 9am business day delivery.
So Monday Jan 5th should be the earliest delivery time.
I will check the tracking info tomorrow.
Even Canada Post expedited delivery told me the earliest would be Jan 5 and possibly Jan 6th.
Both our applications will probably arrive at the same time. :D
I will update my info when it is received.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billinky said:
Hello,
I sent my package off on Dec 31 with a 3pm pickup time for the truck.
Jan 1st being a holiday nothing will move not even Canada post.
So it should start moving on Jan 2nd.
My tracking number only indicates that it was picked up on Dec 31 and nothing after that.
I am assuming that on Jan 2 it will update.
Purolator will not deliver on weekends which is good as I requested a 9am business day delivery.
So Monday Jan 5th should be the earliest delivery time.
I will check the tracking info tomorrow.
Even Canada Post expedited delivery told me the earliest would be Jan 5 and possibly Jan 6th.
Both our applications will probably arrive at the same time. :D
I will update my info when it is received.
Sounds good! I'll let you know if I receive any updates on my end as well.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent mine from Vancouver, will be there by 10 AM on Jan 2nd. I used Fedex.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
nush78l said:
Looks like no change to docs as of Dec 31st :)

For any of you in the GTA, you can use a local courier service to have the package delivered in 90 minutes or less on Jan 2nd - that's my plan.

Purolator in Mississauga indicated that same day delivery is not guaranteed given the long line up at the case processing center. They also said pick up for same day delivery will be at 12PM for delivery by 5PM.

My initial plan was Purolator - 2hr service, but changed my mind after speaking to the Purolator rep.
Hi, may I know what's your final decision?
I work in TO downtown. My plan was heading to Purolator tomorrow morning for same day 2 or 4 hr service. But after reading your comment, now I'm not so sure anymore...

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
Urgent Help Requested

I am trying to apply PR for my mother. In my family, I have spouse, and a daughter, so total family member = 4 (includes me, my spouse, daughter and mother)

My Income is below for last three years and my spouse income was 0

2011 - 62k
2012 - 67k
2013 - 69k

With this does I qualify for the minimum income requirement?

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
rg1234 said:
Urgent Help Requested

I am trying to apply PR for my mother. In my family, I have spouse, and a daughter, so total family member = 4 (includes me, my spouse, daughter and mother)

My Income is below for last three years and my spouse income was 0

2011 - 62k
2012 - 67k
2013 - 69k

With this does I qualify for the minimum income requirement?
You should be good to sponsor. Please refer to this table -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp#table1

Anything above $56,280 for last 3 years will make you eligible.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
My application was received by CIC at 8:40 AM today :)

I used a local courier in the GTA. Couriered at 7:30 AM.

Good luck everybody!!!

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
741953 said:
Hi, may I know what's your final decision?
I work in TO downtown. My plan was heading to Purolator tomorrow morning for same day 2 or 4 hr service. But after reading your comment, now I'm not so sure anymore...
Used a local courier service (AAA Express) in Mississauga which is 10 minutes away from the processing center.

Went to the courier at 7:30AM. Application was received by CIC at 8:40 AM.