Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vividind said:
Hi Rossie,

How are you going to main your application? Courier or PO box?
I'm using Purolator to the courier address. I don't think any courier will deliver to PO Box address.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
steelcase said:
SO is it ok to use notice of assesment instead of option c print out for sponsoring parents?
Did you read the checklist? #5 of supporting docs, says either Option C or NOA is fine.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Yes, i read that many times, I also know that some application are returned if NOA is submitted instead of Option C.
I ordered Option C, but it still on the way ;(

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Looks like no change to docs as of Dec 31st :)

For any of you in the GTA, you can use a local courier service to have the package delivered in 90 minutes or less on Jan 2nd - that's my plan.

Purolator in Mississauga indicated that same day delivery is not guaranteed given the long line up at the case processing center. They also said pick up for same day delivery will be at 12PM for delivery by 5PM.

My initial plan was Purolator - 2hr service, but changed my mind after speaking to the Purolator rep.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I'm the representative of my mother. It doesn't have to be a lawyer. I never used this form before. Since my mother hardly can speak in English and she will be staying with me on SuperVisa for another 2 years or so; I thought it would be easy for me if I can get update of her application on her behalf as a rep. FYI, I confirmed this with CIC call centre.
I did the same for my parents - filled the representative form. It doesn't have to be an immigration lawyer, family members can be representatives as well. It is not mandatory though

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, application has been couriered for delivery by 10.30am on Friday. Good luck all !

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
Application couriered. En-Route for delivery on Friday. I used Purolator. Canada Post was not confirming me delivery on 2nd Jan.

And many thanks guys for sharing the knowledge. Good I joined this Forum at the right time.
Good Luck All.

Regards,

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
I work in downtown Toronto. I'm gonna send it on Jan 1st. Is anyone here have used any Same Day service before? Any recommendation?
Fedex and UPS seem expensive. Purolator looks ok to me.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Hello,
Well the package has been sent via Purolator today Dec 31st and was on the truck at 3pm.
With the holiday and being sent from Alberta I was told it would arrive Jan 5th for a 9am delivery with signature.
I waited a day as I was worried about the possibility of a new form.

I am now wondering if there will be 5000 or more applications received on Jan 2. ??
Also I am hoping that CIC will not accept anymore until monday a.m when my application will arrive.

Well I can only hope that when Monday a.m rolls around I will be number 4999.
I can only assume that CIC will work through the huge pile of mail and reject the incomplete applications and accept the correct applications.

Any ideas as to how fast this quota will fill up. ??
I heard possibly a few days or by Jan 8 or 9, 2015.

Happy New Year.
Good luck to everyone.
Cheers. ;D

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
billinky said:
Anything you've heard are just complete guesses. Nobody knows.

Last year the cap filled up in around 3 weeks. This year should be quicker, so personally i'm guessing somewhere inbetween 1 and 2 weeks.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billinky said:
Hello,
Well the package has been sent via Purolator today Dec 31st and was on the truck at 3pm.
With the holiday and being sent from Alberta I was told it would arrive Jan 5th for a 9am delivery with signature.
I waited a day as I was worried about the possibility of a new form.

I am now wondering if there will be 5000 or more applications received on Jan 2. ??
Also I am hoping that CIC will not accept anymore until monday a.m when my application will arrive.

Well I can only hope that when Monday a.m rolls around I will be number 4999.
I can only assume that CIC will work through the huge pile of mail and reject the incomplete applications and accept the correct applications.

Happy New Year.
Good luck to everyone.
Cheers. ;D
Did you try tracking your package online? Does it say estimated delivery January 5?

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Hello,
Yes the estimated delivery is Jan 5th with a sticker on the envelope indicating a 9 A.M delivery only.

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
I sent my package yesterday with xpresspost & required signature but I've just realized I've sent to PO box :mad: I wonder what will happen with my package if they can not find a person who can sign... Should I send another package to the other address?

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to the bank and tried to buy certified cheque for the application. They told me certified cheque is money order and issued me a money order payable to Receiver General for Canada for $550.

Would it be ok because CIC clearly states it must be certified cheque ?