+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
sameer76 said:
Hi
I am planning to sponser my parents in 2015. I had a few questions about the process and was wondering if any of you could provide some answers.
1) The website states that applications received before Jan 2 , 2015 will be rejected. I am wondering does it mean that the applications have to be sent on Jan 2, 2015 or can they be sent earlier. If I use a courier say on Dec 31, so that it reaches on jan 2, can this application be still accepted

2) I am using my spouse as a co-sponser. The sponsorship form needs her citizenship/UCI number. However, the number on her citizenship certificate is alphanumberic B--------. When i put that number and go to form validate, it complains and tells that the number can only be numbers. What should i do in this situation

thanks
Q1: Yes, but they could change the forms Dec 31st, so its a risk. I was planning to courier Dec 31st as well and changed my mind. Now, I plan to mail it out on Jan 2nd - even though my forms will be signed and dated in Dec 2014 (assuming no change in forms of course).

Q2: The UCI is not indicated on the citizenship card. You can find it in the PR confirmation / work permit / student permit etc - paper document issued by CIC

sameer76

Dec 22, 2014
Thanks for your reply.. it is very helpful

I am not concerned about forms changing on Dec 31. What concerns me more is if I send it so that they get it on jan 2, will they look at the stamp on when I sent it (Most likely before Jan 2). And could they reject the application based on it being mailed before Jan 2.
I tried calling CIC but always get the "Agents are busy" message...

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sameer76 said:
Thanks for your reply.. it is very helpful

I am not concerned about forms changing on Dec 31. What concerns me more is if I send it so that they get it on jan 2, will they look at the stamp on when I sent it (Most likely before Jan 2). And could they reject the application based on it being mailed before Jan 2.
I tried calling CIC but always get the "Agents are busy" message...
Doesn't matter what a CIC agent says, as they often say one thing but a visa officer reviewing a file does something else.

Just don't risk it. Send the app first thing in the morning Jan 2. The cap won't fill up in 1 day.

edmonta

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0711 & 9212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-2010
Doc's Request.
30-sept-2010
AOR Received.
1st-30th Sept 2010,2nd-08th June 2011
IELTS Request
done-7 band
File Transfer...
dont know what is this..in process from 26 april 2012
Med's Request
19-July-2013
Med's Done....
30-July-2013,ECAS updated with Medicals received on 18-Aug-2013
Interview........
not been called for..
Passport Req..
19-July-13
VISA ISSUED...
On 4th October 2013
LANDED..........
July 2014
Hi All,
I am in Canada now and want to apply for parent's sponsorship.
In fact my parents are the green card holders of Canada which they got it recently before 5 months.Basically we are from India and my sister who stays in LA,California applied for their citizenship and thatshow they got the green card.
now my question is how can I call them here?If they come to USA first,will they be eligible to come to Canada as well.
Or I want to know how can I apply for their sponsorship to Canada.
confused.. :(
Regards
Edmonta

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
I don't have birth Certificate, but my passport has my parents name, will that do as supporting document, to help immigrate them to Canada?

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
Application to Sponsor : Do i need to fill two form for my parents? My father will be main applicant and mother will be dependent. thanks for your response!

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Doesn't matter what a CIC agent says, as they often say one thing but a visa officer reviewing a file does something else.

Just don't risk it. Send the app first thing in the morning Jan 2. The cap won't fill up in 1 day.
Agreed. It is still not clear if CIC is saying they will only accept applications received after Jan 2nd or they are referring to applications sent after Jan 2. They may go by the Sent stamp on the envelope. There is also the chance that they will update forms on Jan 1 just to make sure people use the new form and hence have to send it out on Jan 2.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SantoshSharma said:
I don't have birth Certificate, but my passport has my parents name, will that do as supporting document, to help immigrate them to Canada?
I would think so. You can include a cover letter explaining it.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question regarding forms that produce a bar code.

There are 2 forms as part of the PR application package that create bar codes. The information guide says to place these bar codes on top of the application package. Do they mean place the bar code page for each form as the first page of the form, or take all bar code pages and place them as the first pages of the entire application?

The IMM0008 form has 2 bar code pages and one of the bar code pages also has the signature for the form.

vaduke1

Jan 8, 2014
Does anybody know when Processing centre in Mississauga (2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300) is opening on January 2nd? Is it 8 am or 9am?

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hi all,

I must say this thread is super helpful! Thanks to everyone!
I have 2 Qs.:

Can the sponsor be representative for parent as well?
What kind of documentation is required to support our gross income for this year (I am sorry if this question has been addressed before as well)?

Thanks very much!

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simply said:
hi all,

I must say this thread is super helpful! Thanks to everyone!
I have 2 Qs.:

Can the sponsor be representative for parent as well?
What kind of documentation is required to support our gross income for this year (I am sorry if this question has been addressed before as well)?

Thanks very much!
1. Yes. The principal applicant would have to fill out the representative form and signed by all parties.
2. You dont have to submit any income requirements for 2014, the Option C printout for 2011, 12 and 13 is required to show that you meet LICO requirements.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks Xenon,

I guess my first question was that my mother cannot do the correspondence- so she needs a representative- can I (the sponsor) be the representative for her and fill the representative form?

Thanks,

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simply said:
Thanks Xenon,

I guess my first question was that my mother cannot do the correspondence- so she needs a representative- can I (the sponsor) be the representative for her and fill the representative form?

Thanks,
You can fill all the forms for her, but you would need her signature where it is appropriate. I think (I dont remember) there is one form where you have to specify if someone else filled the forms for the applicant and you would declare that you filled the form for her giving your details.

But in short, the sponsor can be the representative as well.