civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
everhopeful said:
They've been working on it for 10 business days now. Last year they reached the cap on Jan 21 (i.e. in 14 business days) - maybe they hired more temps that allowed them to reach the cap 4 days earlier.
When was the last day the credit card got charged for last year?

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ibaadat said:
I think CIC is lying. There is no way they accepted 5000 applications and charged CC this week. the process is not transparent, i doubt they are actually taking 5K apps...extremely frustrated.
my hope is that they just received tens of thousands of applications and figured out that they will for sure have 5,000 complete applications out of them any time soon. the way they choose which one is making the cap and which one is not among the bulk of those delivered by one large courier is not transparent at all. by declaring that the cap is reached they may just want to reduce their postal costs of returning extra applications coming in...

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
civic said:
When was the last day the credit card got charged for last year?
Some CC were charged on 31 Jan.Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFbx4lTCXEXdEZZSDBoei0zZEkxaG9CTnRMZElNM3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

I am not sure when did they announced that the GAP is full last year so we can somehow compare

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
myapp2014 said:
Some CC were charged on 31 Jan.Here is the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFbx4lTCXEXdEZZSDBoei0zZEkxaG9CTnRMZElNM3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

I am not sure when did they announced that the GAP is full last year so we can somehow compare
It was February 3d

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does this bring any hope?

The cap of 5,000 applications is not the first 5,000 applications received, but the first 5,000 complete applications received from applicants. Complete applications include all supporting documents included in the document checklist found in the application guide and correct payment for the application.

What is a complete application package?

Your application package is complete when you have:

answered all of the questions on the application form, and
submitted all the necessary documents along with your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=820&t=14

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
civic said:
Does this bring any hope?

The cap of 5,000 applications is not the first 5,000 applications received, but the first 5,000 complete applications received from applicants. Complete applications include all supporting documents included in the document checklist found in the application guide and correct payment for the application.

What is a complete application package?

Your application package is complete when you have:

answered all of the questions on the application form, and
submitted all the necessary documents along with your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=820&t=14
On their web today clearly says that they have 5000 COMPLETE app.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
there is a link with the date in notices section:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-01-16.asp

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myapp2014 said:
On their web today clearly says that they have 5000 COMPLETE app.
Which means correct payments have been charged and there will be no more credit card charges?

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
civic said:
Which means correct payments have been charged and there will be no more credit card charges?
That's what I am trying to figure out.
Based on last year forum,the last CC was charged on 31 Jan and CIC announced on 3 Feb.that the cap is full(that they have 5000 complete application).
That's why I don't think is much hope for us(the people with uncharged CC)
I prey to be wrong

elenak

Jan 14, 2015
on the positive note to all the people their application was not accepted this year, if you will make it next year it will be probably finalized at the same time anyway. They are accepting 5K new applications per year but processing 20K so this year and next year applications might be finalized at the same time.
So sorry for all the people who are disappointed this year , last year my application arrived only an hour too late.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I was upset earlier but not today. I have tried the best that I possibly can. I checked every single bit of all the forms for at least 5 times, and I sent out the package on Dec 31. I asked the rep of Canada Post 3 times if it's guaranteed to deliver on Jan 2, and the answer was extremely certain. It turned out that no truck showed up on Dec 31 to pick up the packages. I was fooled.

My package was delivered on Jan 5 at 11:24. I don't know what else I can do next year. Use FEDEX? Move to Mississauga? I'm not desperate to move my parents here. I have the option to leave this country.

To those who have made the cut, good luck and wish the best for your families. You're blessed and enjoy the time with your parents.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Look what I found... Its for 2014 PGP

topic WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE... page 36 (I cannot post the link)
Our application was received at 1:17pm on January 21st. and CC is charged on March 25th. Seems like we made it to the quota!!!