+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
jhutti said:
It is better to use EE type criteria in parents sponsorship. Whosoever pays more taxes should get more points.
Also check parent's education , English tests score etc. Everyone get in pool. High Cut off people get invited to
sponsor their parents. Then people cannot complain about GTA chaps have unfair advantage in posting applications etc.
I agree with you: Sponsorship should be based on some type of quota or points system. GTA people are at the advantage of getting in line first.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jhutti said:
It is better to use EE type criteria in parents sponsorship. Whosoever pays more taxes should get more points.
Also check parent's education , English tests score etc. Everyone get in pool. High Cut off people get invited to
sponsor their parents. Then people cannot complain about GTA chaps have unfair advantage in posting applications etc.
As mentioned by another, it still favours the well to do. The lottery approach I suggest will give everyone equal opportunity to bring their parents to Canada regardless of income or geographical location of sponsor. You are assumed by submitted your name in for the drawn and if drawn, you meet all the LICO requirements and meet documentation requirements. The lottery approach also give opportunity to set deadline of say jan 31 to submit the application. Any missed documents or missed signed forms, the early you submit the application, the sooner you can resolve any issues with CIC before the jan 31 deadline. Cic would not need to change any work schedule over PGP application as the sponsor has a month to submit application.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
kaiser72 said:
If I understand correctly what he/she wants to point about the number of applications will never decrease is as follows. Suppose there were 25,000 people including me wanted to sponsor their parents in 2015. If we follow your method, my chance of getting into 5000 caps is 20% (=5,000/25,000). Now, if we think about next year (January 2016), it is very unlikely that only 20,000 people (=25,000-5,000) will apply for sponsorship. May be many new applicants will be added to the pool i.e. 20,000 (from year 2015 who was not selected) + new applicant who became eligible to sponsor their parents. So, my probability of getting into 5000 caps will most likely decrease if sample size (number of people who wants to sponsor their parents) increases every year :eek:
This is exactly what I meant :p

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Lola2301 said:
That's right-You may be trying for 10 years and your name is not picked and by the time your name gets picked it is too late.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
inLinE6 said:
I'm on the same boat with the darn Canada Post. By no means I was trying to save money. If I knew there's difference between Canada Post and other courier services, I'm willing to pay way more for a guaranteed service on time. I sent my package on Dec 31 in the morning (from Ottawa), and the representative told me with full confidence that it's to be delivered on the 2nd. But it turned out that no truck came to pick up the packages on 31st. It was picked up on the 2nd, and from the website, it shows "Out for delivery" since 11:24am on 5th. I'm speechless about their service. I'm so frustrated for trusting something with no credibility.
When I called they couldn't help more, they even don't know where my package is ! Frustrating situation. They advices me to send an investigation request :mad: I did so but I'm still waiting for explanation :mad:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lola2301 said:
Yes I understand what he and you meant. But read my post regarding it as well. The issue will still remain the same with the current system now.

The odds of getting in the 5000 cap gets smaller in each pasting year as new sponsor and those who missed the cap gets bigger and bigger. The only difference with the current system is the longer line up outside CIC office on opening day and as each year passes, those on the opposite coasts will get push out by sponsors closest to CiC-M as they have the geographical advantageous.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
As mentioned by another, it still favours the well to do. The lottery approach I suggest will give everyone equal opportunity to bring their parents to Canada regardless of income or geographical location of sponsor. You are assumed by submitted your name in for the drawn and if drawn, you meet all the LICO requirements and meet documentation requirements. The lottery approach also give opportunity to set deadline of say jan 31 to submit the application. Any missed documents or missed signed forms, the early you submit the application, the sooner you can resolve any issues with CIC before the jan 31 deadline. Cic would not need to change any work schedule over PGP application as the sponsor has a month to submit application.
Rich people do not pay more taxes. That’s why investor program was stopped. There is no charity on my taxes. It is due to existing welfare & affordability issue, Govt do not allow more PR visas to get issued per year for our parents. People who work, to pay more taxes should get opportunity to participate using EE type approach for parents immigration.
Anyway guys, we cannot make any policy on this forum. Just waiting for CC to start getting charged from next week onwards

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Any one knows how many of the previous applicants (2013 nomination) have been progressed in the later part after selection in to the 5000 quota ? I just wanted to know how practical this process is. Or is it some kind of show case to fool everyone again as it happened before. Only time can answer. For now its a wait game. :'( :'(

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
nikary said:
GTA people are at the advantage of getting in line first.
I think everyone in Canada has at least one friend or relative who lives in Toronto or nearby. People who live outside of GTA should have mailed their packages to their friends first, so that their friends could have mailed it to CPC on 31st.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kaiser72 said:
I think everyone in Canada has at least one friend or relative who lives in Toronto or nearby. People who live outside of GTA should have mailed their packages to their friends first, so that their friends could have mailed it to CPC on 31st.
Why should they have to do that? Send the package to their friends, if any, there to do the job for them much less depend on them to actually mail it for them.

Besides that's a pretty broad assumption that everyone applying for PGP has friends / relatives in GTA.

As long as the current system is in place as it, people farthest from GTA will always be the underdog in getting their application in for cap.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
armesana said:
Is it now too late to send new applications? If no, any tips for next year?
You can try this year who knows, huge number of applications doesn't mean it will be all approved... If you miss the cap this year your documents will be ready for 2016 (except the forms) ...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
I see your point, but that will still apply to the current system now. Anyone who missed the cap will continue to apply again and again plus new sponsors applying for first time gets added each year. So whether they used the current first come / first serve or the lottery 5000 drawn, the numbers of people applying will always be increasing, thus your odds of getting in the 5000 cap get smaller and smaller. The only mess is the number of couriers waiting outside the door will get larger and larger under the current system.

Screech339
I beg to differ. As we see currently, it depends on when you gather docs, when you send the application, what mailing system you choose, how efficient the courier and CIC is. It's totally up to you on the first three points. So, it's not entirely luck.

If someone chooses to send the application after few days pass from the day CIC opens PGP and/or sends via CanadaPost every year; it should be on him/her. By mistake, you learn. But you cannot expect to run the same mistake for 10 years.

On the contrary, it's pure luck (probability) if PGP are selected based on lottery every year. You have no control over it other than filling out the applications correctly (which is true for any CIC application anyways).

But for people who tend to take time to prepare, the lottery could be good for them as they will have same chance as the ones who took initiative and sent it earlier or learned from previous year's mistake. You will have same probability to be in the 5000 cap as others; but won't have any control over it (which I don't prefer).

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
I beg to differ. As we see currently, it depends on when you gather docs, when you send the application, what mailing system you choose, how efficient the courier and CIC is. It's totally up to you on the first three points. So, it's not entirely luck.

If someone chooses to send the application after few days pass from the day CIC opens PGP and/or sends via CanadaPost every year; it should be on him/her. By mistake, you learn. But you cannot expect to run the same mistake for 10 years.

On the contrary, it's pure luck (probability) if PGP are selected based on lottery every year. You have no control over it other than filling out the applications correctly (which is true for any CIC application anyways).

But for people who tend to take time to prepare, the lottery could be good for them as they will have same chance as the ones who took initiative and sent it earlier or learned from previous year's mistake. You will have same probability to be in the 5000 cap as others; but won't have any control over it (which I don't prefer).
You think you have control over the current system but really you don't. It is still luck of the draw if everyone regardless of what courier you use. Only those who are closest to GTA has the advantageous regardless if everyone prepared it all ready in time for opening day.

Screech339

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
jhutti said:
Rich people do not pay more taxes. That's why investor program was stopped. There is no charity on my taxes. It is due to existing welfare & affordability issue, Govt do not allow more PR visas to get issued per year for our parents. People who work, to pay more taxes should get opportunity to participate using EE type approach for parents immigration.
Anyway guys, we cannot make any policy on this forum. Just waiting for CC to start getting charged from next week onwards
I totally agree with you.

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
Rossei said:

I completely agree with you.