+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

krishp81

Dec 16, 2012
Hi all,

I just to update you guys that i have received passport request for my parents application on October 13 from CIC. But in CIC website the status is still showing as Medicals Received. I think they probably update the status later on.. :)

rom: "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Oct 13, 2016
Subject: Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
salil said:
hello friends :

My mothers status updated today from New Delhi Embassy.

Review of medical results Passed . They asked for PC, Schedule A, Travel History and Landing Fee. I have already submitted documents to NVDO

Salil
That's strange if they are asking again. I also send them all earlier.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
PR Visa Processing by Ottawa:
So, I received my mom's passport back with PR Visa, CoPR and PR Visa Instructions (4 pages) from CPC-O on Tuesday this week. Here is the timeline:

Passport & photos delivered to CPC-O (via CanadaPost): 21-Sep-2016
PR Visa issued: 29-Sep-2016 (valid for almost a year)
Passport/CoPR dispatched from CPC-O: 6-Oct-2016
MyCIC updated (App status: Closed, Eligibility: Passed, Background check: Complete, Final decision: Approved): 7-Oct-2016
Passport/CoPR received: 11-Oct-2016

Hopefully, I will take my mom to border for landing tomorrow morning.

Landing inside Canada:
I'm pasting this section (blue text below) from the PR Visa Instructions that came with my mom's passport. This is meant for those whose parents are here in Canada with them and are willing to complete landing procedure here.

BECOMING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA
IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN CANADA:
If you are already residing in Canada as a temporary resident, you have 2 options to become a permanent resident:

1. For the convenience of becoming a PR at an IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, please contact IRCC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment. You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.

If your PR Visa(s) expires in 2 months or less, please tell the Call Centre that you need urgent processing for admission.

2. If you are not able to arrange an appointment to obtain your permanent resident status at a IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, you may leave Canada and return through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or a Canadian land border Port of Entry to obtain your PR status. When you arrive, you will be interviewed and granted entry into Canada based on the information in PR Visa(s) provided to you by IRCC.

Please, note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the Port of Entry to become PR at a Port of Entry.If you require a visa to enter another country before re-entering Canada, obtaining that visa is your responsibility.

If you are travelling by air, please allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination because the immigration procedures are done at your first place of arrival in Canada.

If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a Port of Entry on Canada’s land border, particularly during peak periods of weekends and holidays, you should expect an extended wait time for service.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
Rossei said:
So, I received my mom's passport back with PR Visa, CoPR and PR Visa Instructions (4 pages) from CPC-O on Tuesday this week. Here is the timeline:

MyCIC updated (App status: Closed, Eligibility: Passed, Background check: Complete, Final decision: Approved): 7-Oct-2016

Congrats Rossie :) :)

Landing inside Canada:
I'm pasting this section (blue text below) from the PR Visa Instructions that came with my mom's passport. This is meant for those whose parents are here in Canada with them and are willing to complete landing procedure here.

If you are already residing in Canada as a temporary resident, you have 2 options to become a permanent resident:

1. For the convenience of becoming a PR at an IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, please contact IRCC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment. You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.

If your PR Visa(s) expires in 2 months or less, please tell the Call Centre that you need urgent processing for admission.

2. If you are not able to arrange an appointment to obtain your permanent resident status at a IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, you may leave Canada and return through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or a Canadian land border Port of Entry to obtain your PR status. When you arrive, you will be interviewed and granted entry into Canada based on the information in PR Visa(s) provided to you by IRCC.

Please, note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the Port of Entry to become PR at a Port of Entry.If you require a visa to enter another country before re-entering Canada, obtaining that visa is your responsibility.

If you are travelling by air, please allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination because the immigration procedures are done at your first place of arrival in Canada.

If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a Port of Entry on Canada’s land border, particularly during peak periods of weekends and holidays, you should expect an extended wait time for service.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Rossei said:

Landing inside Canada:

Congratulations Rossei. You have provided a very detailed information always. Good Luck!!

Do you guys acquire about Health card? Are the sponsored parents are eligible to apply or still need to have private insurance?

Thx

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In MyCIC, "A background check is needed" was changed from not started to not needed at this time. Anyone else see this change? What does it mean?

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
Rossei said:

Congrats Rossie

Landing inside Canada:

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
Congrats Rossei. The wait is over. All the best in your landing.

My wife had her repeat X-ray done on Wed Oct 12. With that we have completed all the requirements. We will have to sit back and wait for Singapore VO to finalise their decision.
By the way, when documents are posted to SVO, do they acknowledge receipt of those documents? We have not received any. Just wondering!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Sponsored parents who land are PR's, so yes they will be entitled to healthcare (may have to wait the 90-day wait period for example depending on province).

If doing landing in Canada, its best to go to the land border and flagpole. Don't bother with trying to get appointment etc at inland office as that's a complete hassle and people have issues getting SIN# etc as the system is so screwed up it tells em to wait until PR Card shows up to give a sin#.

so go do the flagpole landing (land border with usa) and become PR quicker and no hassle in getting Sin# right away and then do other things such as open accounts and register for healthcare card

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
I received an email requesting the military record, cv and travel history for my father. However, the document checklist in mycic , where I want to upload the documents for them, is under my mother's name (principle applicant)...anyone had the same issue?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SPVG said:
Congrats Rossei. The wait is over. All the best in your landing.

My wife had her repeat X-ray done on Wed Oct 12. With that we have completed all the requirements. We will have to sit back and wait for Singapore VO to finalise their decision.
By the way, when documents are posted to SVO, do they acknowledge receipt of those documents? We have not received any. Just wondering!
Thanks SPVG. I think you're the only one remaining to get a PPR from SVO.

Unfortunately, SVO won't give you any acknowledgement of receipt for sending IME/PCC etc. But you can check MyCIC status. Once medical shows "passed", PPR won't take much long. Good luck!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We actually went to our Sarnia/Canada - Port Huron/US border (Bluewater Bridge) in Saturday morning, flag-poled and my mom became PR officially.

Flag-polling Experience:
Well, this is the 2nd time I experienced flag-polling. I must say the latest was much pleasant than the first one which I did back in 2005 to get my co-op work permit from Windsor-Detroit border.

Anyway, we started driving at 7:45 am on Saturday towards Bluewater Bridge border (it's less than 10 min drive from my home). Paid the toll at toll booth, crossed the bridge and lined up with the car at US border side. It wasn't busy at all, perhaps had 20 cars in 3~4 open lines. Anyway, at our turn, I explained everything to the CBP officer that my mom is here to flag-pole so that she can land at Canadian side. We were handed over the yellow slip with which I parked my car and went inside their office. I crossed border on numerous occasions, so I was familiar with the process. BY the time I signed the visitor log book, it was 8:20 am.

One of the CBP officers took my case voluntarily right way. He sighed once seeing a flag-polling case :p. But he was very friendly towards me and my mom. He said that it may take some time to enter all data as the computer doesn't act fast everyday. After the computer work was done (few guys were helping him to do that), the officer came out of his desk to help my mom to do the finger prints. When we were ready to leave, the officer walked with us towards my car, gave us a white paper slip and explained everything re: flag-polling. He showed us the way out and we were again at the toll booth. It was probably just after 9:00 am.

The CBSA officer at the booth was the most unfriendly type I found for that day. He asked me twice how I know about flag-poling. I said "well the term "flag-poling" wasn't used in our PR instructions; but it said we could cross the border and complete landing procedure" (in my mind I was like why the h*** you care if US granted it). Anyway, I parked my car at CBSA office and we went inside. As there was no line-up at that time, we straight went to a lady officer and gave our passports and CoPR (#2 copies, 1 with my mom's photo and the other one didn't have photo attached). We were told to take seats. 15-20 minutes later, the officer called us back and asked few routine questions to my mom, As my mom doesn't understand English that well, the officer asked me to translate to her. At the end, my mom had to sign and initial on both CoPR's. She kept the photo one and handed over the other to us. She said the PR card would take 6 - 8 weeks to come. She congratulated my mom and we were on our merry way to home.

We were back in Sarnia at 10:00 am, so the whole process took around 2 hours. We stopped by Timmy's and brought breakfast for the whole family, a little celebration for my mom. :D

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We actually went to our Sarnia/Canada - Port Huron/US border (Bluewater Bridge) in Saturday morning, flag-poled and my mom became PR officially.

Flag-polling Experience:
Well, this is the 2nd time I experienced flag-polling. I must say the latest was much pleasant than the first one which I did back in 2005 to get my co-op work permit from Windsor-Detroit border.

Anyway, we started driving at 7:45 am on Saturday towards Bluewater Bridge border (it's less than 10 min drive from my home). Paid the toll at toll booth, crossed the bridge and lined up with the car at US border side. It wasn't busy at all, perhaps had 20 cars in 3~4 open lines. Anyway, at our turn, I explained everything to the CBP officer that my mom is here to flag-pole so that she can land at Canadian side. We were handed over the yellow slip with which I parked my car and went inside their office. I crossed border on numerous occasions, so I was familiar with the process. BY the time I signed the visitor log book, it was 8:20 am.

One of the CBP officers took my case voluntarily right way. He sighed once seeing a flag-polling case :p. But he was very friendly towards me and my mom. He said that it may take some time to enter all data as the computer doesn't act fast everyday. After the computer work was done (few guys were helping him to do that), the officer came out of his desk to help my mom to do the finger prints. When we were ready to leave, the officer walked with us towards my car, gave us a white paper slip and explained everything re: flag-polling. He showed us the way out and we were again at the toll booth. It was probably just after 9:00 am.

The CBSA officer at the booth was the most unfriendly type I found for that day. He asked me twice how I know about flag-poling. I said "well the term "flag-poling" wasn't used in our PR instructions; but it said we could cross the border and complete landing procedure" (in my mind I was like why the h*** you care if US granted it). Anyway, I parked my car at CBSA office and we went inside. As there was no line-up at that time, we straight went to a lady officer and gave our passports and CoPR (#2 copies, 1 with my mom's photo and the other one didn't have photo attached). We were told to take seats. 15-20 minutes later, the officer called us back and asked few routine questions to my mom, As my mom doesn't understand English that well, the officer asked me to translate to her. At the end, my mom had to sign and initial on both CoPR's. She kept the photo one and handed over the other to us. She said the PR card would take 6 - 8 weeks to come. She congratulated my mom and we were on our merry way to home.

We were back in Sarnia at 10:00 am, so the whole process took around 2 hours. We stopped by Timmy's and brought breakfast for the whole family, a little celebration for my mom. :D
Congrats Rossei! What makes me wonder is that your mom's fingerprints was taken by USCIS. They didn't ask my mom for that at the Alberta border. Hopefully thats' the new thing and we are not missing that step that could affect U.S entries in the future. By the way yeah they seem to not encourage flagpoling at some posts but the U.S side seems to be a bit friendlier on that.