+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Rossei - I realize i never updated the forum - I got a letter to say we have made it into the 5,000 on March 9th (is this what you are all referring to as AOR?). Please update the spreadsheet for my entry.

So what's a reasonable estimation now for parent applications in 2015 receiving PR? - 2020? (I read some of the posts saying they haven't touched 2014 yet)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Rossei - I realize i never updated the forum - I got a letter to say we have made it into the 5,000 on March 9th (is this what you are all referring to as AOR?). Please update the spreadsheet for my entry.
Most of us received an Email-AOR with a File No. You can check that on the Google SS. If you're interested; you can check my post re: sponsorship processing steps. BTW, I've updated your entry.

So what's a reasonable estimation now for parent applications in 2015 receiving PR? - 2020? (I read some of the posts saying they haven't touched 2014 yet)
Most of us here guess that our sponsorship stage should be done by 2017-18. Then, the PR processing will begin. But it's really hard to estimate accurately as we're only the 2nd batch of 5000 caps. If CIC continues to keep this cap and once they catch up with the backlogs; it will be lot faster.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Hi all,
I got my email AOR today after calling CIC twice.
Hi Isha, what did you tell or ask the CIC person when you called them? I called them too, and I got told they see notes on my file that my application was complete and thats it. The CIC agent just asked me to wait. He didn't seem to want to do anything with my file to expedite the AOR.

Please share any tips or things to say/ask the CIC person to get them to push my application along. Thanks.

Nina.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi Nina,
I just simply inquired about my application by giving my UCI number sometime in the second week of April. I got to know that my address is the previous address on their file and a letter has been sent to the old address dated March 23. So I got my address updated with the agent over phone. The agent told me that I will be receiving my acknowledgement letter at the new address which I received last week. He also sent me an email for updating my email in the system. So I used the steps sent in that email and got my AOR email as well.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Hi Nina,
I just simply inquired about my application by giving my UCI number sometime in the second week of April. I got to know that my address is the previous address on their file and a letter has been sent to the old address dated March 23. So I got my address updated with the agent over phone. The agent told me that I will be receiving my acknowledgement letter at the new address which I received last week. He also sent me an email for updating my email in the system. So I used the steps sent in that email and got my AOR email as well.
Thanks for sharing Isha +1

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I added my new entry. I called CIC to update my address and the file # isn't even in the system where you can change it yourself online. She could not pull my file from the file # on letter. She said it's too early.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
I added my new entry. I called CIC to update my address and the file # isn't even in the system where you can change it yourself online. She could not pull my file from the file # on letter. She said it's too early.
So your eCas is not activated yet? I was able to change my address and send them use of representative (myself representing my parents) form online.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
OP_POP said:
So your eCas is not activated yet? I was able to change my address and send them use of representative (myself representing my parents) form online.
No when I tried to look it up on CIC website using the file # nothing comes up. I also tried using my client ID, and nothing. So I called them and they could see something on their side using my client ID. When you say eCas, it means you can see your parents s/ship online? Do you use file # on the letter or your client ID #? Since when can you see it? I hope my application is still within 5K cap.

I've also applied for my citizenship since mid 2014 but no progress yet on either....in life there is just wait :(

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
No when I tried to look it up on CIC website using the file # nothing comes up. I also tried using my client ID, and nothing. So I called them and they could see something on their side using my client ID. When you say eCas, it means you can see your parents s/ship online? Do you use file # on the letter or your client ID #? Since when can you see it? I hope my application is still within 5K cap.

I've also applied for my citizenship since mid 2014 but no progress yet on either....in life there is just wait :(
You already got your AOR, so your application is within 5000 cap for sure.

My eCas has been activated for my sponsorship since Feb. I use my client ID to login.

As for your citizenship application, it really depends on your local office. It can take some time, but hopefully will be over soon.

Good luck.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Sponsoring Parents in 2015 (compared with 2010)

I've been going through 2010 PGP Timeline in Google SS and here's a breakdown of what's happening:

• Application received all throughout the year of 2010 (FYI: 2010 was the 2nd last year of regular PGP applications before 5,000 cap was initiated in 2014)
  • After 4 years in 2014, additional docs were asked (probably recent NOA), most applicants got the request in July, 2014
  • After sending the docs; they received AOR by the end of 2014
  • Most got their sponsorship approved and file transferred in Jan, 2015
  • Very recently (Apr-May-June of 2015), they have been receiving PCC/Medical request and E-Cas update with In-Process status

To me, it's just the backlog that delays the whole thing. Once the files are open; it goes pretty fast. Hopefully, our files wouldn't take 4 years to open.

FYI: I've added the 2010 PGP timeline link to our Google SS - Introduction sheet - Relevant Links section.

ksenya

Star Member
Feb 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are wrong. The last year was 2011 (November) and we are still waiting...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ksenya said:
You are wrong. The last year was 2011 (November) and we are still waiting...
My bad. I completely forgot about 2011 applicants. I made correction to my original post.

BTW, do you guys maintain any spreadsheet exclusive for 2011?

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Rossei said:
My bad. I completely forgot about 2011 applicants. I made correction to my original post.

BTW, do you guys maintain any spreadsheet exclusive for 2011?
The 2010 spreadsheet you mention is actually for cases filed up to 30 April 2011. For the final batch of cases before the PGP programme was closed ( 1st May 2011 to 5 Nov 2011) they are yet to be started.