+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents - application went to Warsaw

aandre

Feb 11, 2016
Hey guys,
Ive received a letter saying that I was qualified as a sponsor and application was now sent to Warsaw for further processing. Does it mean that its now in the phase of evaluating parents? How long would that take? And the biggest question:
My parents are in Crimea(which is disputed territory between Russia and Ukraine), do you think it can negatively affect their application? We had to apply through their new Russian passports, as Crimea Peninsula is blockaded and my parents(if needed) would not be able to travel to Kiev. Please advise, many thanks.

kanadka

Jul 16, 2016
My mother-in-low's application took 1.5 years. She is from Latvia. I think that your parents does not need to travel to Ukraine, check for them where is the closest doctor to do medical assessment.

Lavanda

Jan 6, 2016
aandre said:
Hey guys,
Ive received a letter saying that I was qualified as a sponsor and application was now sent to Warsaw for further processing. Does it mean that its now in the phase of evaluating parents? How long would that take? And the biggest question:
My parents are in Crimea(which is disputed territory between Russia and Ukraine), do you think it can negatively affect their application? We had to apply through their new Russian passports, as Crimea Peninsula is blockaded and my parents(if needed) would not be able to travel to Kiev. Please advise, many thanks.
Hey Aandre,
Do you have any movements in your parents' application?