+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring my Wife... Please need ur advice

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Hello Group,

I will be receiving my PR shortly as I have sent my passport for stamping and also would be getting married in couple of months. Most likely would be landing after getting married.

Would like to know what would be the best way to take my wife with me. Student Visa or sponsor my wife under family sponsorship.

also please let me know the salary requirements for sponsoring.

Thank yOU.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The PR visa that is going to be issued to you will be for a single person. If you get married before you land, then you will have to return your PR visa, let the VO know that you have gotten married, complete all of the paperwork required to add your new spouse to your file and then wait for the VO to review your spouse's paperwork and issue a new visa for both of you.

If you get married before landing and use the visa you will receive shortly to land, then two things will happen:

1) you will never be able to sponsor your spouse
2) you will be committing misrepresentation by landing as single when you are actually married - this can result in your PR status being revoked

You have two options

1) wait until after you land to get married
2) get married before you land and return your visa to the VO without using it, complete the paperwork to have your new spouse added to your application and wait for a new PR visa to be issued

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
Thank You Scylla,

This information was very helpful for me as i did not know that. I have already sent my passport for stamping. At this stage I am not sure when I will get married as the dates are not fixed yet... Hope I will get my passport stamped and returned to me by Feb so that I can land and come back to get married.

nat.panic

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
so after I land what is the procedure.

should I stay in canada until I receive my PR card or can I come back after I do the Landing.

regeret

Dec 25, 2012
any one knows which thread i can join in order to get more answers regarding my regretness of sponosring my husband....???
he is soo selfish he have been here less than 3 months and already send 1000 dollars to back home, so that he can show pakistani money in order to sponosr all his sibling and cousins...and parents.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
Showing money doesn't mean the family will get visa. Maybe for his parents he can apply for "supervisa" (its expensive). But for cousins and what not, its not easy....

regeret said:
any one knows which thread i can join in order to get more answers regarding my regretness of sponosring my husband....???
he is soo selfish he have been here less than 3 months and already send 1000 dollars to back home, so that he can show pakistani money in order to sponosr all his sibling and cousins...and parents.

regeret

Dec 25, 2012
hubby chubby said:
Showing money doesn't mean the family will get visa. Maybe for his parents he can apply for "supervisa" (its expensive). But for cousins and what not, its not easy....
he is sending money so that his sibbling one by one can come by applying for themself, in another word through themselves.
i cant cancell his visa right since he already landed here but i heard something about conditional ppr...do u know any info...im paying the rent and for groceery and all he does send money bac home and pay 25 for his cell phone bills...some man are so selfish, was super nice to me before landing and know his true face is right in front of me but cant do anything...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nat.panic said:
so after I land what is the procedure.

should I stay in canada until I receive my PR card or can I come back after I do the Landing.
Get married after you complete your landing. That's the best way to do it at this point.

You don't have to wait until you have your PR card. However your PR card will be sent to the Canadian address you provide. So if you don't stay in Canada long enough to receive your PR card, a friend or family member in Canada will have to mail the PR card to you.

Once you are married, you will have to return to Canada to sponsor your new wife (PRs must be living in Canada to sponsor a spouse). You will have to continue living in Canada while your wife's application is being processed until her visa is approved and issues. You can take a few short trips (2-3 weeks) outside of the country. If you leave for longer, then you will risk having the application refused due to your non-residency in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
regeret said:
he is sending money so that his sibbling one by one can come by applying for themself, in another word through themselves.
i cant cancell his visa right since he already landed here but i heard something about conditional ppr...do u know any info...im paying the rent and for groceery and all he does send money bac home and pay 25 for his cell phone bills...some man are so selfish, was super nice to me before landing and know his true face is right in front of me but cant do anything...
Conditional PR only applies to applications that were submitted after October 25, 2012. So it does not apply to your husband.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2012/2012-10-26a.asp

mitemkt

Dec 13, 2012
Hello,
I'm going to land in Canada shortly. I'm planning to get married after landing in Canada and then coming back to Bangladesh. My question is that, whether my wife need IELTS or not? During my application (2011-2012), there were no such requirements for spouse. I'm going to marry a Honors second year student....Please suggest me. If I marry her, I can sponsor her as Spouse.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mitemkt said:
Hello,
I'm going to land in Canada shortly. I'm planning to get married after landing in Canada and then coming back to Bangladesh. My question is that, whether my wife need IELTS or not? During my application (2011-2012), there were no such requirements for spouse. I'm going to marry a Honors second year student....Please suggest me. If I marry her, I can sponsor her as Spouse.
IELTS is not required for spousal sponsorships.

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
I understand your frustration. It's not the right way to behave by any means. I don't believe you can do anything about his visa now that he has landed. I wonder, under what category his siblings are looking to apply for....

regeret said: