none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Marticus said:
Did they ding you on customs on the other end or was that all included in the price?
The shipping company will make a list of the boxes you ship and give you a copy. Bring that list with you when you come to Canada. At the airport in Vancouver, tell the CBSA agent you have goods to follow and show them the list. They'll have you complete a form B4. As a returnee to Canada (assuming you've been out of Canada for one year) you can import all that stuff customs/duty/tax free

Do they base it on size / weight / value.
Volume

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hi, I am starting the same process and really need advice from u people. I am a naturalized Canadian citizen living in US for 10years. I am on TN work visa, I got married on Sep 2013 my wife is from Pakistan, she was in Canada on student visa for one year from Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 doing her masters, then in Sep 2013 we got married in Pakistan, she has dropped her semester now as she is with me in US on B2 visit visa. I have taken printouts of all the forms for sponsorship application of family class. and started to fill them. there are some things I really need to know.

1. do I have to fill statutory declaration of common law union form?
2. additional family information? as I am only sponsoring my wife.
3. what should I do with option C printout as I am in US for almost 10 years.
4. police certificate? does she have to get it from US or Pakistan or Canada as she was in Canada for one year as a student.
5. what about assurance that we will move to Canada after she get her PR, how can I show that as my job is here in US.

thank you so much.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ad rasheed said:
hi, I am starting the same process and really need advice from u people. I am a naturalized Canadian citizen living in US for 10years. I am on TN work visa, I got married on Sep 2013 my wife is from Pakistan, she was in Canada on student visa for one year from Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 doing her masters, then in Sep 2013 we got married in Pakistan, she has dropped her semester now as she is with me in US on B2 visit visa. I have taken printouts of all the forms for sponsorship application of family class. and started to fill them. there are some things I really need to know.

1. do I have to fill statutory declaration of common law union form?
2. additional family information? as I am only sponsoring my wife.
3. what should I do with option C printout as I am in US for almost 10 years.
4. police certificate? does she have to get it from US or Pakistan or Canada as she was in Canada for one year as a student.
5. what about assurance that we will move to Canada after she get her PR, how can I show that as my job is here in US.

thank you so much.
This thread is for people applying for Korean spouses. To not bog down the thread with unrelated info, please post your question as a separate question in the forum, or under the Islamabad thread where people are in the same situation as you!

earthbound14

Mar 18, 2013
Marticus said:
Thanks earthbound14!

Did they ding you on customs on the other end or was that all included in the price?

We are essentailly bringing back a king size bed, clothing, a few keepsakes, some books, and other personal stuff. Also selling our heavy appliances due to the voltage difference (and a not bad resale value here!)

Also, I'm sad to see that you can't ship back booze (always knew you couldn't through mail, but thought maybe massive shipping companies might have some loophole)... because I have quite the collection from my travels around Asia. Oh well, I'll survive haha

Do they base it on size / weight / value. Anyways, appreciate this lead. (also thanks bartjones, for your recommendation) I'll get the wife on Naver to track down their details. We'll need our stuff picked up / shipped from Daegu to Kelowna come Fall!
You can bring all your possesions with you, so they shouldn't ding you for anything, unless it might appear that you are trying to pass off items you just purchased and may intend to sell once you land...like say 2 crates of brand new terabyte drives. You can also have things shipped over after you have landed in Canada (I think you have a 6 month window, might be a full year, I can't remember). I had a camera that I had accidentally left there sent back that way and I even managed to sneak in a lens that I had bought off eBay from Australia. Once your stuff arrives in Canada you will have to go report to a border official and explain what you have and how much everything costs (don't give them the new prices, give them the used prices). I actually wrote zero value for many items, which caused the border official some grief until I explained that it was all used clothing, books and personal items that I would have simply thrown out or donated...so it had no monetary value to me.

The rate is based on size and weight. Not sure the exact formula they use, but the guy told me that size was the most important thing.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
earthbound14 said:
We used Hyundai shipping (they have several shipping departments though, so you want to get the door to door service that they have for people who are moving internationally).

They were fantastic. They came to our house, measured all the items we said we would bring, gave us an estimate, then came by with a truck and 2 movers, packaged everything up in thick carboard boxes and packing material (including many glass items) and then shipped them to our door (we had to wait a while without furniture as it takes longer than the flight) then unpacked everything and put it all in place. All for just over 2 grand (that was all our clothes, dishes, my bike, our sofa, our bed and all sorts of other items). They said they could have taken everything in our place for 4 grand (including the fridge), but as the voltage is different here we opted to leave our appliances. The final cost was very close to the estimate too even after we added all sorts of things and not one item was lost or broken.

Very stress free and considering the cost of things here, it was well worth it to ship most of stuff than it was to start all over again, even the older items like my 10 year old bike were worth shipping.
Where did you ship your things to? 2 grand for all that seems like a good deal. I got quoted 2 grand for about 2 kimchi size fridges from the same company.

earthbound14

Mar 18, 2013
CanAsian said:
Where did you ship your things to? 2 grand for all that seems like a good deal. I got quoted 2 grand for about 2 kimchi size fridges from the same company.
Vancouver. They will do door to door service here but other places in Canada, not so much. I think they have to use either a local moving company (which would be very expensive) or rely on you picking your stuff up and shipping it the rest of the way.

bp06km13

Feb 3, 2014
Hi, I am starting to begin the process to sponsor my Korean spouse. I have went through all the required documents and such, everything seems to be in place but can be a little confusing at first glance. I'm wondering if someone can help me by briefly running through the documents/information my spouse will need in the application. Things like family registry etc? a brief point form layout would be of great help. Thank you!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bp06km13 said:
Hi, I am starting to begin the process to sponsor my Korean spouse. I have went through all the required documents and such, everything seems to be in place but can be a little confusing at first glance. I'm wondering if someone can help me by briefly running through the documents/information my spouse will need in the application. Things like family registry etc? a brief point form layout would be of great help. Thank you!
The guide here shows the Korean docs you require: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf
For nationals of Korea:
• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

In addition to this you'll also need:
- Korean police certificate
- Photocopy of Korean ID (passport and/or national ID card)

I think that was it.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Rob_TO said:
The guide here shows the Korean docs you require: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf
For nationals of Korea:
• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

In addition to this you'll also need:
- Korean police certificate
- Photocopy of Korean ID (passport and/or national ID card)

I think that was it.
For bp06's wife-
1.가족관계등록부
2. 혼인증명서
3. 제적등본
4.범죄경력회보서
5. 주민등록증/여권

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Hey everyone,

I sent my application to CIC a month ago. It arrived in Mississauga on January 17. I still have not heard anything back, and we are still not registered in the system. I thought that CIC in Mississauga had my part of the application completed within a month. Has anyone else taken this long?

I hope that this isn't a sign of things to come!

Thanks

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Hey everyone,

I sent my application to CIC a month ago. It arrived in Mississauga on January 17. I still have not heard anything back, and we are still not registered in the system. I thought that CIC in Mississauga had my part of the application completed within a month. Has anyone else taken this long?

Thanks
I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. You should hear something in the next week or two.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Red Tape Sucks said:
Hey everyone,

Thanks
Read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
Step 1
Assessment of Sponsor
33 days
Working on applications received on January 10, 2014

They most likely haven't even opened your app yet if it was received Jan 17. Wait another week or so.

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Hey everyone,

Thanks
Hey there, to give you a timeline, since we pretty much sent ours in at the exact same time (mine arrived January 13th to CIC) and I got my AOR (aka "yes, we got your package") on February 13th. So I expect you will have an email this week!

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
Yesterday (February 19) I received the confirmation e-mail that CIC received our package on January 17th.

Today I received an email informing me that I have been approved at that our application has been sent to Manilla!

I am assuming that we won't hear anything again for quite some time?

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
Yesterday (February 19) I received the confirmation e-mail that CIC received our package on January 17th.

Today I received an email informing me that I have been approved at that our application has been sent to Manilla!

I am assuming that we won't hear anything again for quite some time?
Sit back and wait. You probably won't hear another word for four or five months.