+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband's, but his French visa is about to expire?

tia1987

Mar 21, 2013
Hi all, I'm a Canadian currently living with my husband and baby boy in France. My husband is a student here and now he is on APS for six months(sort of a visa allowing you time to look for a job after study has ended). I am about to sponsor him and our documents are almost gathered. Yet it suddenly occurred to me that his visa will expire before we receive an answer at all. That means we will have to move back to Toronto earlier than had planned.
For him that would mean applying for a visitor's visa while the application has been sent out and in process. Will that be a problem for our application? I know that it would put a strain on our relationship if he is out of a job for a year being a visitor in Canada while we wait for application results, therefore we agree that we should stay in France for as long as possible. But if he is applying for a visitor visa in France, while our sponsorship application is in process, and while his French visa is about to run out, will he be granted that visitor visa?
Thanks all!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What is his nationality? What passport does he hold?

jingdi25

Jan 1, 2014
Hi there, i just saw your post. I have the exactly same situation as your. I have a PR Card and I'm sponsoring my husband. He has a APS now. for the momemt, he has his canadian vistor office to stay canada with me. we are preparing all the docs to submit his application in Feb.

I'm wandering that what you guys do in the end? did you submit tha appication?
Thank you so much in advance.

Happy new year.