+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORING HUSBAND (INCOME HELP)

DulceLayla

Jan 13, 2011
brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!!

I am gonna tell you guys a little bit about the story and after that I will tell you what I need help with:

My husband got deported in July 2012 because his refugee claim got rejected. When he was in Canada he was the only one working since I was very sick with my liver. In March 2012 my doctor told me I was 8 weeks pregnant with our first child.
My husband applied for PRAA in Nov 2011 and he had the review in June. He got arrested because he did not tell immigration of the change of address.
He was send to a Holding Centre in Toronto and stayed there for 3 weeks before getting send back to Honduras.
So, when he Immigration sent him back I was left sick, pregnant and no job or place to go. I had to stay at friends houses for a bit.
I am planning on going to get assistance from the Gov since I am 6 month pregnant and sick (who's gonna give a job to a pregnant women who will go for maternity leave in 3 month?!!).

So now the BIG question:

What kind of assistance will not affect my sponsorship? I read in another post that EI does not affect the sponsorship. Is that true?
Is there any way I can prove I really cannot work in my current status.
A friend of mine sponsored her child while on assistance and got approve. Would it work on me as well?

PLEASE HELP!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can go on EI (employment insurance). You can also be on disability.

If you go on social assistance/welfare - you will not be eligible to sponsor your husband.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add... It doesn't sound like you would be eligible for EI. The eligibility requirements are below. You must be actively looking for work and ready/willing/able to work:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/regular.shtml#eligible

You may want to look into disability. (I don't know very much about disability.)

DulceLayla

Jan 13, 2011
brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for the reply,

This year I worked for 2 month (Jan & Feb) for a security company but I got too sick and the hours started dropping.
You think Immigration would not recognize the fact that I am pregnant and sick?
I mean they should know there is not way a pregnant woman will get a job and leave 3 month after.
The gov is too strict lol

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DulceLayla said:
Thank you so much for the reply,

This year I worked for 2 month (Jan & Feb) for a security company but I got too sick and the hours started dropping.
You think Immigration would not recognize the fact that I am pregnant and sick?
I mean they should know there is not way a pregnant woman will get a job and leave 3 month after.
The gov is too strict lol
They don't care. If you are on welfare, except for disability, you are ineligible as a sponsor .