Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
Hello Patopato! Yes, we got prepared for the interview. Most of the questions, my husband knew what to answer. He had interview yesterday morning and it went fine he told me. He gave very good answers and the visa officer seemed pleased and convinced about his answers. What about you? What was the decision of the visa office finally?

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi all of you again Aziz back

the weird thing i am wondering about is why making security check now after interview why not before interview, for my case they did not tell me that they would do check security after interview a week they sent me a refusal letter,
and your husband had his interview if he thinks interview went well and VO satisfied they should issue visa to him next wedensday because that the day they issue visas sometimes thursdays. as for my new file still we have not heard from immigration in canada i wish you all best luck.

Aziz

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
aziz2010 said:
hi all of you again Aziz back

the weird thing i am wondering about is why making security check now after interview why not before interview, for my case they did not tell me that they would do check security after interview a week they sent me a refusal letter,
and your husband had his interview if he thinks interview went well and VO satisfied they should issue visa to him next wedensday because that the day they issue visas sometimes thursdays. as for my new file still we have not heard from immigration in canada i wish you all best luck.

Aziz
Hello Aziz! I don't think they will issue visa to my husband next Wednesday as the criminality/background/security checks take more than 5 months to complete (he was told that). All the best to you too!

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Habibti said:
Hello Patopato! Yes, we got prepared for the interview. Most of the questions, my husband knew what to answer. He had interview yesterday morning and it went fine he told me. He gave very good answers and the visa officer seemed pleased and convinced about his answers. What about you? What was the decision of the visa office finally?
My husband had his interview in April and after the interview they started the security check up. When I asked them via e-mail they told me that it was standard procedure and everybody had to go through that. They also asked me to pay the landing immigrant fee {They said in their email in order to not delay the process to pay this fee asap.
In the mid August his medicals expired and last week he was asked to re-do the medicals. I also heard from other people that if the answer is before 2 months it will be negative and if it is between 4 to 6 is positive.
I hope we are going to get his ppr after the re do of medicals. My husband is also much younger than me so I was worried, even though we should have the right to marry anybody and they cannot discriminate against that.
You should not worry now because everything is kind of normal procedure.. it is just weird that they told your husband that he could come back with you since the security check was not done.
I hope and pray that we both will get positive answers!!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
patopato said:
My husband had his interview in April and after the interview they started the security check up. When I asked them via e-mail they told me that it was standard procedure and everybody had to go through that. They also asked me to pay the landing immigrant fee {They said in their email in order to not delay the process to pay this fee asap.
In the mid August his medicals expired and last week he was asked to re-do the medicals. I also heard from other people that if the answer is before 2 months it will be negative and if it is between 4 to 6 is positive.
I hope we are going to get his ppr after the re do of medicals. My husband is also much younger than me so I was worried, even though we should have the right to marry anybody and they cannot discriminate against that.
You should not worry now because everything is kind of normal procedure.. it is just weird that they told your husband that he could come back with you since the security check was not done.
I hope and pray that we both will get positive answers!!
Thank you Patopato for your encouragement! I hope all will be well for you and your husband too! How much older are you? Thanks!

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Habibti said:
Thank you Patopato for your encouragement! I hope all will be well for you and your husband too! How much older are you? Thanks!
[/quote
16 years. I just saw your othwer thread and you said you speak French, I speak french too I live in Montreal. You gave me an idea about giving private lessons of Spanish since I my first language is Spanish. Thank you!!
]

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
patopato said:
Habibti said:
[/quote
16 years. I just saw your othwer thread and you said you speak French, I speak french too I live in Montreal. You gave me an idea about giving private lessons of Spanish since I my first language is Spanish. Thank you!!
]
Super! Je suis contente de savoir que je vous ai donné une bonne idée ;D

So... you got no news from the visa office since your husband had the interview? Since more than 2 months have passed, it means it is good news for you, no?

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
no no news the only news was that they requested for payment of FDRP in June after I sent them an email asking how long it will take for my husband to get his visa. And last week they asked him to re do the medicals/ It has been almost 5 months since he went to his interview. They didn t tell him anything there. Still waiting I hope that after all this wait he doesn t get refused. Also we had to pay these fees of $490 dollars and now the medicals. I would imagine that they won t make you pay that for nothing but I didn t read anything on that subject. A case where immigration ask you to pay the residence fee and then they refuse you . Don t know....

Native

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends, its been a long time since I wrote on here. My husband is from Morocco, Marakech. we waited a very long time too!! 10 months for his first interview! so don't stress people your time is coming. Our case was special we had 2 interviews I dont know why, but we did. In the end he was accepted. we waited altogther 13 months for him to get to Canada and well worth the wait. And it is a good sign if they ask for medicals:) Sign NATIVE

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
patopato said:
no no news the only news was that they requested for payment of FDRP in June after I sent them an email asking how long it will take for my husband to get his visa. And last week they asked him to re do the medicals/ It has been almost 5 months since he went to his interview. They didn t tell him anything there. Still waiting I hope that after all this wait he doesn t get refused. Also we had to pay these fees of $490 dollars and now the medicals. I would imagine that they won t make you pay that for nothing but I didn t read anything on that subject. A case where immigration ask you to pay the residence fee and then they refuse you . Don t know....
Hi,

I was wondering when you originally started this process. I know you said that the interview was in April...but when did Rabat actually receive your application? I am just curious because it seems the applications receive in March are getting attention now which means about a 6 month wait.

I would just like to get an idea of realistically how long we are going to have to wait to hear from them regarding an interview.

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Does this mean that EVERYONE at Rabat has to go for an interview?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Native. I think it's great that you posted this - shows how much variation there can be in this process, particularly with the Rabat visa office, and gives people a lot of hope that their case (both relationship situation and the way file is being processed) isn't so "weird" after all.

Native said:
Hello friends, its been a long time since I wrote on here. My husband is from Morocco, Marakech. we waited a very long time too!! 10 months for his first interview! so don't stress people your time is coming. Our case was special we had 2 interviews I dont know why, but we did. In the end he was accepted. we waited altogther 13 months for him to get to Canada and well worth the wait. And it is a good sign if they ask for medicals:) Sign NATIVE

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ddobro2 said:
Hey Native. I think it's great that you posted this - shows how much variation there can be in this process, particularly with the Rabat visa office, and gives people a lot of hope that their case (both relationship situation and the way file is being processed) isn't so "weird" after all.
VERY good point.

Hi Native! How are you doing?

smalls

Jun 15, 2011
rd1219 said:
Hi smalls what part of Vancouver are gonna be living in if you don't mind me asking?I will be there on the 19th of this month .However my landing will happen in Calgary inshaallah so if anyone knows how busy that airport is let me know thanks
im now in Surrey Bc ...its good in here so far.u can PM me its a pleasure bro.