+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Morocco

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks rjesomme yes thats it .....yes Habibi its terrible ...This whole process has been the toughest of my life emotionally and financially and physically draining ...We just hope and pray that we are going to win this ADR and finally my husband will arrive...Eventhough i dont know how much it takes if you do win when he comes ...

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
vjamal said:
Thanks rjesomme yes thats it .....yes Habibi its terrible ...This whole process has been the toughest of my life emotionally and financially and physically draining ...We just hope and pray that we are going to win this ADR and finally my husband will arrive...Eventhough i dont know how much it takes if you do win when he comes ...
I can imagine! I am already drained emotionally, physically and financially! I can imagine how terribly tough it must be if you get a refusal at the end! The visa officer told my husband at the end of the interview they need to do criminality/background/security checks. It takes 4 months to do these. He was also told he might get a refusal letter in 2 months or an acceptance letter in 4 months. More waiting... I wonder why they mentioned he might get a refusal letter. I must say I am pretty scared. Good luck and may God assist you!!!

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Yes Habibti... your case makes me nervous... I have not heard of anyone (so far) that had this situation of security check after interview. But just because I have not heard of it does not mean it does not happen regularly.... lol

My friend and her Moroccan husband were there and got to visit with my husband... JEALOUS!!!! I miss him so much and as much as I am glad that he met a friend... I wish more that I could have been there too!

I am sorry vjamal for your situation. I wish you the best in your ADR!!

vjamal

Star Member
May 17, 2010
montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Dair....I hope we win this but if not theres the court of appeal after but wow its alot to take in thats why i couldnt take it anymore me or my hubby so i went there for 6mths.....
for you habibti well they told my husband we will give you an answer in a week then we got refused i hope it doesnt happenned to you but its case by case .....age...how long you guys spoke before mariage etc.....its a very long process and the sweetness of all this is difficult to keep....

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
dair2dv8103100 said:
Yes Habibti... your case makes me nervous... I have not heard of anyone (so far) that had this situation of security check after interview.
This is our situation. My husband's first interview was with immigration in Rabat, then his file was sent for security checks. I think that this is quite the norm. No point in wasting tax dollars doing extensive background checks on someone when they will be rejected anyway due to some other inadmissability.

Lynn

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
locolynn said:
This is our situation. My husband's first interview was with immigration in Rabat, then his file was sent for security checks. I think that this is quite the norm. No point in wasting tax dollars doing extensive background checks on someone when they will be rejected anyway due to some other inadmissability.

Lynn
Hello Lynn,
Today I have been feeling more emotional than usual. Well, I guess you know the feeling and other members too. I read most of your posts here and it made me cry. I did not know you went through so much! Our society does not have awareness of what you, or your husband, or other people are going through. I want to salute you. You have all my admiration. So much patience! So much abnegation! So much endurance! So much determination!

I read your husband will have another interview at the end of this month? If it is correct, I won't forget you in my prayers for the next week or so.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Ok well I was not aware that this is how they processed it... and if that is the case then it is much longer than the 9 months they post on CIC website.. which is disappointing.

I will have a talk with my husband tomorrow and let him know to expect this.

I just don't understand how there are some that have made it through with no interview and have their visas in 4 or 5 months.... they must know people...LOL

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
vjamal said:
Thanks Dair....I hope we win this but if not theres the court of appeal after but wow its alot to take in thats why i couldnt take it anymore me or my hubby so i went there for 6mths.....
for you habibti well they told my husband we will give you an answer in a week then we got refused i hope it doesnt happenned to you but its case by case .....age...how long you guys spoke before mariage etc.....its a very long process and the sweetness of all this is difficult to keep....
How much time after the interview did you get your refusal letter?

You know... I have a hard time to believe they refused you because your husband lives in poverty!!! You said your husband's interview was 2 hours and a half. That is such a long time!!! My husband's interview was around 30 to 40 minutes. What did they talk about for so long? Maybe something was discussed or said and the visa officer started to have suspicions? You are right to say it is case by case. Now I have more concerns as not only there is a big age difference between my husband and I, but my husband lives in poverty too!!!

And I am sorry Dair to make you more nervous lol but at least you are learning so much from me and from the other members so you and your husband will be more cautious and know what to do (for example: always take the name of the person from the visa office who contacts you or discuss with you!!!).

There are ups and downs... and today was really a down. I have known my husband for 3 years and a half and I wonder when (and IF) we'll share a life together!

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
Habibti said:
Hello Lynn,

I read your husband will have another interview at the end of this month? If it is correct, I won't forget you in my prayers for the next week or so.
Thanks Habibti. Yup another interview on Tuesday. It's been a long road for sure. And I really hope (yup still got some!) this interview will be the beginning of the end for us. please please please.

Lynn

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
dair2dv8103100 said:
Ok well I was not aware that this is how they processed it... and if that is the case then it is much longer than the 9 months they post on CIC website.. which is disappointing.

I will have a talk with my husband tomorrow and let him know to expect this.

I just don't understand how there are some that have made it through with no interview and have their visas in 4 or 5 months.... they must know people...LOL
I mostly speak from my own experience and lots of times just regurgitate what I read on different threads. So always take me with a grain of salt. Rjessome I am not! Lol! ;p

I actually don't fully understand how the b/c's work. I know our case is unusual in the travelling my husband did. But even THAT is just an educated guess! Truth is no one tells us anything.

Eh. What can I do now but just keep trying to be all zen and s&#% about it?

Lynn

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Habibti said:
How much time after the interview did you get your refusal letter?

You know... I have a hard time to believe they refused you because your husband lives in poverty!!! You said your husband's interview was 2 hours and a half. That is such a long time!!! My husband's interview was around 30 to 40 minutes. What did they talk about for so long? Maybe something was discussed or said and the visa officer started to have suspicions? You are right to say it is case by case. Now I have more concerns as not only there is a big age difference between my husband and I, but my husband lives in poverty too!!!

And I am sorry Dair to make you more nervous lol but at least you are learning so much from me and from the other members so you and your husband will be more cautious and know what to do (for example: always take the name of the person from the visa office who contacts you or discuss with you!!!).

There are ups and downs... and today was really a down. I have known my husband for 3 years and a half and I wonder when (and IF) we'll share a life together!
Yea... I did not get a chance to talk with hubby last night and we only talk on the phone on Wednesday nights so I won't be able to actually tell him that we are really looking at 10 - 13 months and not 9 as the CIC website states til tomorrow. Going to be a hard pill for him to swallow..... we too have 3 years under our belts and I am so thankful to have found him... but now to get him here to actually fulfill our dreams together... sigh.

I too have a problem with the "living in poverty" quote... even I live in poverty here... so does this mean we cannot love each other and attempt to make a life together?? I don't know many people who do not struggle financially.... so this to me is a very poor excuse.

locolynn said:
I mostly speak from my own experience and lots of times just regurgitate what I read on different threads. So always take me with a grain of salt. Rjessome I am not! Lol! ;p

I actually don't fully understand how the b/c's work. I know our case is unusual in the travelling my husband did. But even THAT is just an educated guess! Truth is no one tells us anything.

Eh. What can I do now but just keep trying to be all zen and s&#% about it?

Lynn
PMSL... ;D ... screw zen... I want my husband with me!!! ... LOL :p

patopato

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
locolynn said:

Lynn
This is also our situation. my husband had his interview and then they started the security check.

aziz2010

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Rabat
AOR Received.
6 jan
Interview........
19/06/2012
hi guys how are you doing all ? i wish all is well i really feel sad when i read your posts just make me wondering why immigration keep couples away from each other they should know how we suffer from being away from each other do you agree ??
i have a question my sponsorship file was sent in august 24 so its a month now i check my application status our application is not on system is that mean they have not started processing our application i enter reciept number and name, date of birth, country, still we are not on system yet, do you have any idea how long it takes we hear from them ??
also have another question last sponsorship we got dismissed of the appeal but we did not appeal decision to federal court do you think federal court would be fair if we appealed ??? i just want have your opinion thank you looking forward hearing from you.

Aziz

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aziz2010 said:
hi guys how are you doing all ? i wish all is well i really feel sad when i read your posts just make me wondering why immigration keep couples away from each other they should know how we suffer from being away from each other do you agree ??
i have a question my sponsorship file was sent in august 24 so its a month now i check my application status our application is not on system is that mean they have not started processing our application i enter reciept number and name, date of birth, country, still we are not on system yet, do you have any idea how long it takes we hear from them ??
also have another question last sponsorship we got dismissed of the appeal but we did not appeal decision to federal court do you think federal court would be fair if we appealed ??? i just want have your opinion thank you looking forward hearing from you.

Aziz
you wont get unto ecas until they start processing your application they are still on july 15 so a long way to go